It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another Mandela Effect thread (Stephen King fans especially invited)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
(Query: Is rakey time also a good season for reiki?)

We call it Rocky and we punch the bad out of your aura.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Bluesma

Anne Rice wrote that one. [ Interview With A Vampire ]

Yes, I read all the series, and some of her other series as well. Is the "Diary of a Vampire" by a different author?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i read Different Seasons in High School in the late 80s. When I finished a friend wanted borrow it but, he kept calling it Four Seasons and kept saying I do not have that book, and would say yeah ya do the Stephen King book, Four Seasons and would say, never heard of it. Took him a couple days to get the name right.

As for King being dead, he was almost killed when hit by a van. he also retired at one point, and he was writing under the Bachman name as well for awhile. So mistaking him for being dead would be pretty easy as would confusing the name.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Yes, I read all the series, and some of her other series as well. Is the "Diary of a Vampire" by a different author?

In my timeline Anne Pilaf wrote that one.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Is his name Steven Kin in your timeline, too?

edit on 17-7-2016 by PushPullDestroy because: sausage fingers strike again

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PushPullDestroy

Steven King.

edit on 17-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I changed the timeline back.

edit on 17-7-2016 by PushPullDestroy because: altered timeline

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You're all nuts ... "Stephen King" is the pen-name of Richard Bachman, you know, the guy who wrote "Johnathan Livingstone Sea Gull?"

This is a well-known fact (in my universe.)
edit on 17-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

It's Different Seasons. I have the book. You're probably thinking of Four Past Midnight - another four story anthology.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
(The original paperback copy of Different Seasons that I remember had four squares on the front showing typical symbols of the seasons.)
edit on 17-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Stephen King has made many cameo appearances in movies throughout during the last two and a half decades. He was still alive in most of them.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
You're all nuts ...

Did you really need this thread to prove that?

"Stephen King" is the pen-name of Richard Bachman, you know, the guy who wrote "Johnathan Livingstone Sea Gull?"

This is a well-known fact (in my universe.)

I know that book! In my timeline the full title is: Johnathan Livingstone Sea Gull Ate Alka Seltzer.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernComfort
It's Different Seasons. I have the book. You're probably thinking of Four Past Midnight - another four story anthology.

I think you are confusing this with 2 Minutes to Midnight by Iron Filings.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

You're making my tummy hurt ...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernComfort

Aha!

Thank you, folks. I am confident in saying I did not suffer the effects of the Mandela Effect in this case.

Its interesting though. A lot of the supposed examples are all similar in the fact that the "changes" to words are similar to what they are supposed to be. And if you're memory is faulty its very easy to associate things and get it wrong. I.e in my case, the book Different Seasons represents the change in seasons throughout the stories in the book. In this timeline, there are four seasons. Four stories

And looking at other cases now: Sex and the city. Its always been sex and the city for me, but a lot of people when talking about it would say it like, Sex in the city.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

So my question is: does anybody else remember the book as Four Seasons?

No. I think your mind is automatically associating the picture (and reality) of four different seasons and transferring that to the (incorrect) title, due, in part I think, that on a quick glance the word "different" in the title kind of looks like it contains four. Then there's Four Past Midnight, different book. Of course, my dad would sometimes mention names and things incorrectly, so...

First Signet paperback edition, 1983:

Does anybody else remember him being dead?

No. He was hit by a car and was in serious condition for a while, but he did not die. He also wrote himself into the final Dark Tower books, and also incorporated the accident (in which he wasn't hit). King/Dark Tower wiki
edit on 17-7-2016 by Liquesence because: code

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Bluesma

Anne Rice wrote that one. [ Interview With A Vampire ]

It is actually "Interview With The Vampire" - it freaks me out because it feels sooooo wrong.
But it's probably just my brain...

- AB

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PushPullDestroy
a reply to: GoShredAK

Which book was this where he killed himself?

The only thing I can remember is that book the Dark Half, where the writer kills off one of his characters. I've never read nor heard of the book where he kills himself.

I think I was thinking of this,

post by Liqeusence

No. He was hit by a car and was in serious condition for a while, but he did not die. He also wrote himself into the final Dark Tower books, and also incorporated the accident (in which he wasn't hit). King/Dark Tower wiki

edit on 17-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

eta: then again I feel like he brings it up elsewhere as well, and I'm pretty sure he put himself into one of his books.
edit on 17-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
eta: then again I feel like he brings it up elsewhere as well, and I'm pretty sure he put himself into one of his books.

He appears as himself in the Dark Tower series where the Ka-tet needs to protect him.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: GoShredAK

He appears as himself in the Dark Tower series where the Ka-tet needs to protect him.

That's right.

Jake was hit by the van correct? The van was based off the actual mini van that hit King?

That part was very sad....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join