It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another Mandela Effect thread (Stephen King fans especially invited)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Jake was hit by the van correct? The van was based off the actual mini van that hit King?

That part was very sad....

Correct. Jake pushed King out of the way in 1999 and is killed.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
well, the whole Dark Tower series, (semi spolier alert)

kind of plays with the different timelines idea, does it not?
And, off topic a little, I hear that The Gunslinger movie is going to run with that idea- calling it a "sequel" of sorts to the series- that it'll have many of the same characters and events, but it'll be different. Perhaps Roland will start out his journey chasing the Man in Black with the horn of Eld in hand?
edit on 17-7-2016 by chelsdh because: clarification

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

I was sure the cover was four square images in different colours?

This is correct. I read this book years ago, an original copy that was old and musty...I remember the 4 separate scenes or images, whatever they were. Though I can't recall the exact title. Im sure its been printed a few times though.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Four past midnight. Langoliers, secret window secret garden etc
Different seasons had Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank redemption.
I have old dog eared editions of both from the eighties.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

He got hit by a car in real life and broke his leg. . He wrote about a man killed by a car in Pet Cemetary where the baby also got killed by a vehicle.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Try my neck of the woods where we have Summer, still summer, Christmas and almost summer.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Interview with the vampire an Anne Rice book
Vampire diaries J L Smith
Diary of a vampire a tv show

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernComfort
a reply to: PushPullDestroy

It's Different Seasons. I have the book. You're probably thinking of Four Past Midnight - another four story anthology.

finally!!! Yes four past midnight and different seasons.
Both contained stories made into movies.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
well, the whole Dark Tower series, (semi spolier alert)

kind of plays with the different timelines idea, does it not?
And, off topic a little, I hear that The Gunslinger movie is going to run with that idea- calling it a "sequel" of sorts to the series- that it'll have many of the same characters and events, but it'll be different. Perhaps Roland will start out his journey chasing the Man in Black with the horn of Eld in hand?

GunslingerMOVIE!!?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yas- but don't get your hopes up.
It seems it will be significantly different than the book

ETA: If you have finished the series, it will make the movie more interesting if thought of as a "sequel". If you haven't finished the series, I suggest you do!
edit on 17-7-2016 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

And grammaticly makes more sense wirh "a". "THE" is more singular as in: the last one.

But what do I know... I think it is still Berenstein Bears...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh
Oh I finished it

I couldn't put it down until I did

This sequel movie sounds neat. I have always hoped for a dark tower movie.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Secret window secret garden about an author
The Dark Half about an author.
IT lead character is an author.
Misery lead character is an author
Tommyknockers Bobby write western novels.
Bag of bones writer suffering writers block.
Lissys story about a writer

Yeah he writes about himself.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Along with The Tasilman with Peter Straub (very good story)
Eye of the Dragon about Roland as a child.
All associated with the dark tower.
Most of the Derry/Castle Rock stories also relate.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Annie Wilkes thought she was his number one fan.
But she was wrong.
I am.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PushPullDestroy
a reply to: intrptr

Never heard of that movie. However, I have heard of the band.

Your dad may have watched it. It was popular back then at the same time as Stephen King.

Why don't you ask him?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
Perhaps Roland will start out his journey chasing the Man in Black with the horn of Eld in hand?

That is correct. King was on set with the horn so this would be Roland's potential final journey to reach the Dark Tower.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: intrptr

One Of My All Time Favorites!!!!
Alan Alda and Carol Burnett did such a great job in that movie. I can't tell you how many times I've watched it.

Same here, I also enjoyed Stephen King books. The land before, when people made a good living, had nice cars and took long vacations. Time to read a book, enjoy a film at the theatre...

The world was at peace, for the most part people got along. It was wonderful.. and ignorant.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PushPullDestroy

The compilation has always been Different Seasons under the Stephen King name, but quite a few of his novellas were originally written under his pen name (he calls it his alter ego or "shadow"), Richard Bachman, and you'll find a lot of the same stories with different titles under both names.

He struggled for a really long time before getting published. Most of his early Bachman publications were short stories in magazines and were either edited at the time to a condensed version as per publication policies or he went back later and revamped them, fleshing out the story, and published them under his real name.

The discrepancy between the Chinese version and the actual title could be simply a translation issue. It is often difficult to translate English words into Chinese characters without changing the entire meaning of the sentence, so they approximate...and all languages do this when translating foreign words and phrases. It actually makes sense; there are four seasons after all, and they are all different.

Stephen King did not die, but he came very close. He was hit by a van while out walking, and sustained massive trauma; it took him over a year to fully recover from his injuries. You say you recall his death from childhood...depending on your age now, that was likely the reason. He was in critical condition and very close to death, and that was all over the news for days afterward.

Now, having said all that, it does not empirically rule out the possibility that you are indeed experiencing a "Mandela effect" (I really dislike that kitschy term), and I simply am not. All I can give you is the information that I know to be real.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Eye of the Dragon about Roland as a child.

It is not about Roland, it is about Peter, son of a King Roland but not the Roland.

Roland Deschain mentions his friends visiting the setting in the second Dark Tower novel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join