It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not another Mandela Effect thread (Stephen King fans especially invited)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This isn't a claim. I have two questions regarding Stephen King. But first off, let me explain...

Childhood memories aren't exactly reliable. Growing up, my dad often had his nose in a book. Many of these were written by Stephen King.

My dad would often say how brilliant the book "Four Seasons" is. (contains the well renowned Shawshank Redemption).
I couldn't find it, until very recently when I discovered it on Kindle under the name "Different Seasons".

I looked it up online to see if there had been a name change but apparently it had always been Different Seasons. I vaguely recall my father owning the book Four Seasons. The closest I could find was a Chinese translation of the book on Amazon with the name Four Seasons.

So my question is: does anybody else remember the book as Four Seasons?
Or is this fascination with the Mandela Effect getting to me?

Another question is also this: As a child, I could remember Stephen King was dead. Roughly three years ago I discovered a book written by King called Joyland. I assumed that it was an unpublished work, but later found out he was still alive and still writing. I was a little surprised, but shrugged it off and never thought twice about it. Until now. Does anybody else remember him being dead?

Disclaimer: Only bringing this to attention as a potential Mandela Effect case. Debunkers and explanations opposing the idea are welcome. But I'm also interested to see if perhaps others have shared my vague memories.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PushPullDestroy

I am going to ask my mom, she has a King library and she has read them all multiple times.

I am also a Stephen King fan.

The Dark Tower series is the best thing I have ever read. What an adventure that was........

ETA: he has always been alive in my memory. He killed himself in a book once though I believe. He got hit by a car, or nearly hit by a car and wrote about it? something like that

eta: I'm from maine.
edit on 17-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

King died?

How old are you?

Could that correspond with his nearly being killed when he was struck by a car?
edit on 17-7-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

In the other thread someone mentioned that the translations from other languages seem to sometimes stick to the original.

For instance Diary of a Vampire still translates as Diary of a vampire even though in english it's now Diary of The Vampire.

I have no particular memories of Stephen King though.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Four Seasons was a popular movie. It goes way back to that childhood. Maybe you got the two mixed up?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

In the other thread someone mentioned that the translations from other languages seem to sometimes stick to the original.

For instance Diary of a Vampire still translates as Diary of a vampire even though in english it's now Diary of The Vampire.

I have no particular memories of Stephen King though.

I would swear on a Bible it was "a" not "the."

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Which book was this where he killed himself?

The only thing I can remember is that book the Dark Half, where the writer kills off one of his characters. I've never read nor heard of the book where he kills himself.

edit on 17-7-2016 by PushPullDestroy because: accidental mobile blank post

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I thougjt it was Four seasons. Also looking on Amazon the cover is different to what I remember.
I was sure the cover was four square images in different colours?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I'm 25. I grew up in the 90's and 2000's. It was mid to late 90s when my dad read those books.

I have never heard of him nearly dying in a car accident too.

From what I could recall, in the late 90s I believed Stephen King was one of those dead literary geniuses.

But this could also be my ignorance. I never read or kept up with Stephen King book releases when I was in my pre teens and through to my adulthood.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Like Interview with the vampire?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Never heard of that movie. However, I have heard of the band.

edit on 17-7-2016 by PushPullDestroy because: sausage fingers

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
I thougjt it was Four seasons. Also looking on Amazon the cover is different to what I remember.
I was sure the cover was four square images in different colours?

Me too. I also remember a dark yellow/beige colour?

Mind you, books often get released with different covers, editions etc.

I also wonder if its to do with geographic location. Perhaps it was called Four Seasons in other countries? I'm from Australia.

And the Chinese translation is also called Four Seasons.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ahh. The cover I remember is this one..
Cover with four images

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Yes. Interview not diary.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have a first edition, it is Different Seasons.

However, in my timeline the seasons are Sprung, Sun, Rakey Time and Shovel the Roof so in effect they really are different seasons.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

He Did get hit in 1999.

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- Horror author Stephen King was seriously injured when he was struck by a minivan while walking in North Lovell, Maine, Saturday, Maine State Police said.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I seem to remember it as "Different Seasons", and "Interview with a Vampire" (or is the "Diary" one a different book altogether?)

Oh, and I do remember when he was hit by a car and seriously injured!
edit on 17-7-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: intrptr

One Of My All Time Favorites!!!!
Alan Alda and Carol Burnett did such a great job in that movie. I can't tell you how many times I've watched it.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have a first edition, it is Different Seasons.

However, in my timeline the seasons are Sprung, Sun, Rakey Time and Shovel the Roof so in effect they really are different seasons.

You know, there are times when we type "LOL" as mere net-speak ... and times when it is a description of what just happened.

IN this case, it's the latter: LOL.

(Query: Is rakey time also a good season for reiki?)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Anne Rice wrote that one. [ Interview With A Vampire ]
edit on 17-7-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join