It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding the polytheism of the Bible Deuteronomy 32

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

It is the churches doing the hiding and the translators doing their best to hide but can't hide everything so they invent excuses which snowballed into a profitable industry called apologetics.

And you hear the ten commandments at a young age so you become desensitized by it because you are told that he only means false gods and idols not real gods and most people don't question it.

I first noticed when the name Baal came up as another god and they are talking about him as really existing but I look up the definition and it said false idol and was suspicious.

I guess I have been on a mission ever since to learn what the ancients really believed.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shahada

Look into the Documentary hypothesis by Friedman.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is according to the oldest available Biblical texts, the Septuagint (though rendered angels) and the Dead Sea Scrolls, the correct translation which means that El Elyon and Yahweh are not the same entity, even that Yahweh is a Son of El Elyon (Sons of God is the usual rendering).

"Sons of God" is q term exclusively used for angels in the Tenakh. In the Hebrew it's Bene ha'Elohyim. And there is only one Name for God in the Bible, but there are hundreds of titles. "The Most High", "I Am", et cetra are titles, not proper names. God only has one Name, it's 72 consonants. It's unpronounceable and the Tetragrammaton is used as a representation of it, YHWH.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 7 15 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Sorry, no...it doesn't work that way.

Maybe in church circles but that is not my concern.

I am talking about what the ancients had written, Sons, and it is not equal to angels which means messenger of God. In truth they are not the same thing at all.

In theology of the church you would be told that but it is not true in the literal sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

This is according to the oldest available Biblical texts, the Septuagint (though rendered angels) and the Dead Sea Scrolls, the correct translation which means that El Elyon and Yahweh are not the same entity, even that Yahweh is a Son of El Elyon (Sons of God is the usual rendering).

"Sons of God" is q term exclusively used for angels in the Tenakh. In the Hebrew it's Bene ha'Elohyim. And there is only one Name for God in the Bible, but there are hundreds of titles. "The Most High", "I Am", et cetra are titles, not proper names. God only has one Name, it's 72 consonants. It's unpronounceable and the Tetragrammaton is used as a representation of it, YHWH.

You are talking about the Jewish concept of 72 names of God which is modern and not Biblical.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

And neither does the Tetragrammaton which is NOT a representation of the concept of the 72 names of God.

Shemhamephorash is what you are thinking of.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here's an idea....what if the Holy Trinity is actually meant to be a metaphysical interpretation of the mind, body, and soul?

Mind = father
Body = son
Soul = Holy Spirit

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not stating anything that isn't a fact, in the Bible the term "Bene ha'Elohyim" is a term used nearly exclusively for angels, meaning a direct creation of God. The only place it's not is with Adam and Jesus. But still they are direct creations of God. All of us other human beings are called sons of man, or sons of Adam.

Now, with the new birth, which is a direct work of the Holy Spirit we are adopted as sons of God, but likewise that again is a direct creation of God. There is no place in the Hebrew texts besides Adam, where "sons of God" is used for man.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Here's an idea....what if the Holy Trinity is actually meant to be a metaphysical interpretation of the mind, body, and soul?

Mind = father
Body = son
Soul = Holy Spirit

That's what is meant when it says that we are created in the image and likeness of God.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

No,I said precisely what I mean. The Tetragammatron is a 4 letter representation of the 72 letter unpronounceable Name of God.

Behold the hand, behold the nail. Everything else in the Bible isn't a proper Name, it's a title. The same thing happens in the NT. Jesus has only 1 Name, "Yeshua", however there are tons of titles. Some examples of His titles, which aren't Names:

Good Shepherd
Mighty God
Wonderful Councellor
Prince of Peace
Alpha and Omega
I Am
Rose of Sharon
Faithful and True
King of Kings
Lord of Lords
Messiah
Rabboni

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You are though because angels and Sons are not the same thing.

Ypu say that they are. Theology is not fact.

Sons and angels are not the same thing.

THAT is a fact.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Actually most of what you said is NOT fact and completely wrong.

I corrected what was needed, you just don't like being wrong.

Sorry but you were incorrect and I corrected you. I know you are going to believe whatever you want.

Fine with me.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Show me where in the Tenakh the term "sons of God" is used to describe man.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Show me where in the Tenakh the term "sons of God" is used to describe man.

When did I say it was? I didn't.

Sons of God/El are Elohim.

Angels are angels, and not Sons of El.

Thus polytheism was point, not that men were sons of God. You are being redundant.

Angels=angels
Sons=sons

Son of God are NOT angels.

This is not theology where we change the meaning of words to suit the beliefs of today.

Conspiracies in religion and your not on topic so I am finished with your theologizing I don't care what Christianity believes at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

well in every bible i've ever read, it talks about Jews worshiping at the Asherah poles,letting their seed pass the through the fires of Molech, worshipping Baal in his high places.

here are some gods spoke of being worshiped by some Jews in the Old Testament.

Amon, the chief god of Egypt
Asherah, a Canaanite goddess
Ashtoreth a goddess of war and fertility
Baal, a Canaanite and Phoenician god of fertility and rain
Baal-Zebub, a popular deity of the Philistines
Bel, the chief deity of Babylon
Dagon, worshipped in Babylonia and Philistia
Molech, the chief deity of Ammon
Tammuz, a Babylonian fertility god

there are also many verse that speak of kings and prophets trying to stop the worship of these gods, some were successful for a while some weren't.

edit on 15-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yes I believe I mentioned Asherah and the polytheism that was ancient Israel.

The conspiracy is in changing Sons of God to sons of Israel and the belief today that since the days of Abraham Israel was monotheistic.

Which is what theology teaches.

If you look into far enough you will inevitably discover that Baal and Yahweh are the same god, despite what the Bible claims.

The Phoenician's/Canaanite's Baal later was called IAO by the Greeks who use the same name for YHWH and it's no different than Islam and Christianity worshipping the same God but still not the same religion or word.

Baal=IAO=YHVH
edit on 16-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I do not follow the Torah but it seems to me to contain two teachings. One for people who view the world as black and white. Another hidden in symbolism that the Kabbalist have tried to unravel, seemingly more like Hinduism than monotheism.

The book should remain as it was originally written else its deeper meaning could be lost.

Interesting first post.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

When we look in the book of Daniel we see a angel being dispatched to answer a prayer .The Angel is delayed buy one and says that he has to go help another . Sons of God might be a kind of generic description ,much like the word Elohim which can refer to beings of the unseen realm , including dead humans ... www.thedivinecouncil.com...
edit on 16-7-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This ties in perfectly with my post a few weeks ago about how Judaism is based on false things, which means that Christianity is too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is also related to a video I made about the mysterious and weird things in the bible and how they could be better explained and make a lot more sense with the ancient alien theory:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join