It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the foundation of the three major monothestic religions false?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The World's Biggest Fraud

Hebrew religion, history and mythology is considered the basis of the world's largest monotheistic religions- Judaism, Christianity and Islam. As such Judaism has shaped much of the world we see around us today and it's influence is felt in almost every corner of the globe. Concepts like monogamy, marriage, patriarchy, zenophobia, slavery, and inheritance of land and property can all be traced back to the Hebrew epoch. Yet, what if these traditions, myths and beliefs turned out to be completely baseless? What if stories that half the world grew up with turn out to be fabrications, devoid of facts or reality? The world that we know would have to be requestioned and reconfigured.

Here are some examples of what's wrong with the Jewish religion:

Noah and the flood story may have been based on Sumerian flood myths from centuries before-

noreligionblog.wordpress.com...

Abraham was a Mesopotamian who's father worshipped idols-

www.chabad.org...

Yahweh came from another culture-

www.biblebabel.net...

Hebrews were polytheists. This should be no surprise as much of the old testament is about God excoriating the Jews for worshipping other gods-

jewishatheist.blogspot.com...
people.opposingviews.com...
www.pbs.org...

Jews were not truly monotheistic until after the Babylonian captivity-

www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

Moses, if he existed, was probably Egyptian not a Hebrew-

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

There is no evidence for the Exodus-

rationalwiki.org...

www.jpost.com...

There are no Egyptian records of Hebrew slavery in Egypt-

www.reformjudaism.org...

The conquest of Jericho story is probably false-

ehrmanblog.org...

The Jews accepted Polygamy until relatively recent times-

www.benyehuda.us...

Jewish monarchs were corrupt and broke Jewish laws and religious traditions routinely-

www.bible-history.com...
www.biblestudy.org...

Still not convinced? Well how about the word of Jewish people themselves, some of whom believe that the early bible is just allegorical, not meant to be literally believed-

www.myjewishlearning.com...

So then we must ask, what exactly is Judaism if so much of what it's based on is myth and exaggeration? More importantly we must ask if Judaism is bogus, then aren't the other religions founded upon it (Christianity and Isam) also bogus? It's pointless to say that it doesn't matter, because you're a Christian not a Jew. Christianity is firmly based on Judaism, in fact Jesus himself said that the old Testament was still fully in force.

So should we throw out all religion and principles and embrace anarchy? I don't think so, what I'm suggesting is that we need a new basis, a new framework for moral beliefs and systems that include things like environmental protections and the effects of our actions and economic systems on other countries and cultures instead of only caring about our own nations. We need a new, modern system of morality that doesn't conflict with science and creates harmony instead of conflict, opportunity instead of oppression, wisdom instead of warfare, and hope for a sustainable and livable future.

edit on 3-6-2016 by CB328 because: puntuation

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Praise bacon !!

It's easier

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Great, more posts on religion...how exciting...I don't know who is worse..those who preach it or those who preach that there is no god...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Did the ATS staff spike the coffee today for a laugh or something? People are just kicking the hornet's nest back and forth.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That's it! None of your, or others, hundreds of other threads have done it.

Your OP convinced me.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Philosophical question:

If you were an all knowing God, would you talk to people in 100% truth, Star Wars Truth(from a certain point of view), or the easiest way for the people to understand your message?

If you are all knowing God would you tell people a story that you know that they won't be interested in? Would you tell them a story that they would listen to?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes all those religions are based on lies. The same for our history-politics-education-the whole system we live in!

Is there a better and true way? Yes there is and it's called Spirituality.

Have a nice weekend

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Hebrews were polytheists. This should be no surprise as much of the old testament is about God excoriating the Jews for worshipping other gods-
First of all the term Jew is like the term Canadian or any other term denoting the geographical location .Judaism the religion is far from the Old Testament Hebrew / Israelite God . Even using the term Israel should be considered different from the modern day nation of Israel www.jasonstaples.com...

Micheal Hoffman makes a even better case in showing that modern day Jewery is not 2nd temple and NT .It shows up in history around 300 to 400 AD
Another link to the book The People History Forgot is crucial as a group of dots and peoples who said they were Jews but were not . www.askelm.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Great, more posts on religion...how exciting...I don't know who is worse..those who preach it or those who preach that there is no god...

You realize you're in the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum, right? What did you expect people to post about here?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

... what I'm suggesting is that we need a new basis, a new framework for moral beliefs and systems that include things like environmental protections and the effects of our actions and economic systems on other countries and cultures instead of only caring about our own nations. We need a new, modern system of morality that doesn't conflict with science and creates harmony instead of conflict, opportunity instead of oppression, wisdom instead of warfare, and hope for a sustainable and livable future.

And what "basis" would that be?

I'm gonna take a wild stab and say it probably has to do with state-enforced humanism.

But what do I know.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Approximately 1.1 billion people on earth are non-religious/agnostic/atheist/secular. That means 6 billion people believe in a deity/god. Which in turn means, the consensus of our species is that a god or gods exist, making 1.1 billion people the overwhelming minority, and an aberrant demographic of our species. In other words, something went terribly wrong with some of us. No one knows exactly what. Maybe we're genetically inferior, or we're soulless.

To compound this, we have the audacity to ask the real god to please stand up, if it exists. When instead, we're supposed to just pick one of the religions that is adamant it is the only way, join it, and SHUTUP! Why can't you just be like everyone else? What's wrong with ya?

You think you're so high and mighty, and you know better than 6 billion people! You're the delusional ones, not us. Yep, we're "divergent", and we don't belong. Of course it's all myth, exaggerations, and outright lies, but that's coming from the mind of an infidel heathen goyim.

Religious Populations
edit on 6/3/2016 by Klassified because: Link

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

Yes all those religions are based on lies. The same for our history-politics-education-the whole system we live in!

I agree fully. But does that not mean we dont exist either ?
Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I dont even have to read anything and can tell you with an enthusiastic yes it is a fraud designed to CON-TROLL humans with fear shame and guilt====hate is a mere byproduct of fear shame and guilt.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Annunak1

I agree fully. But does that not mean we dont exist either ?
Peace

Yes and no. We are living in a program. The Matrix
I am Morpheus

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

From YOUR link.

According to a 2012 study by Gallup International "59% of the world said that they think of themselves as religious person, 23% think of themselves as not religious whereas 13% think of themselves as convinced atheists

How is 59% of the population 6 billion?
How is 23% and 13% (totalling 36%) 1.1 billion?

I think you need to read your link again.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

From YOUR link.

According to a 2012 study by Gallup International "59% of the world said that they think of themselves as religious person, 23% think of themselves as not religious whereas 13% think of themselves as convinced atheists

How is 59% of the population 6 billion?
How is 23% and 13% (totalling 36%) 1.1 billion?

I think you need to read your link again.

Look at the chart under "Adherent Estimates" from adherents.com. That's what I went by, which is probably no more or less accurate than the other figures in the Wiki article. The point isn't the numbers, as much as it is how the world sees those of us who aren't part of the majority consensus. Take it as you like, my cynicism and sarcasm has the best of me today. I'll be better tomorrow perhaps.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

But you said 6 billion are religious. The number is wrong. It's closer to 4 billion (59%).

You can be a cynical as you like, I won't stop you. But please, be honest.

Anyway, here's hoping for a better tomorrow

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Every story of the world can be traced to a single road of the old..

Moses, if he existed, was probably Egyptian not a Hebrew

Well he never did exist to my knowledge, however a similar story about a king who did exist is available.

King Sargon - Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Well actually it closer to 85% of the world, and i would probably say about 99% has a belief in something maybe not an organized religion.

Link - Article

Please always source your statements.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

But you said 6 billion are religious. The number is wrong. It's closer to 4 billion (59%).

You can be a cynical as you like, I won't stop you. But please, be honest.

Anyway, here's hoping for a better tomorrow

What is 7.1 billion minus 1.1 billion? I think it's 6 billion. If the figures are wrong, then talk to adherents.com about dishonesty, not me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join