It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the KKK not a formally recognized terrorist org:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: DerekJR321
If they recognize the KKK as such, they sure better put BLM and the "New Black Panther Party" on that list as well.

For the love of gawd, why did this receive more stars than the opening post?!

My respect for the overall membership here dwindles daily...

So people that don't share your opinions don't deserve your respect? Cool. Good to know.

People who conflate over a century of lynching and bombing churches with BLM don't deserve my respect.

Yes, that is good to know.

If given enough time, the BLM will start to resemble the KKK.

Great. A prophet.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: DerekJR321
If they recognize the KKK as such, they sure better put BLM and the "New Black Panther Party" on that list as well.

For the love of gawd, why did this receive more stars than the opening post?!

My respect for the overall membership here dwindles daily...

So people that don't share your opinions don't deserve your respect? Cool. Good to know.

People who conflate over a century of lynching and bombing churches with BLM don't deserve my respect.

Yes, that is good to know.

If given enough time, the BLM will start to resemble the KKK.

Great. A prophet.

So observations are now prophecies? Does that make science a religion then?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't classifying a group as "Terrorist" give our government permission to strip citizenship, deny rights, drone strike, and send to Guantanamo or a foreign country prison for "special treatment"?

Do we really want to keep expanding the governments ability to do that?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Spider, not sure how you missed the basic on-the-record history on this one...

The Klan was indeed treated like the terrorist paramilitary it was: by Lyndon Johnson. They took the gloves off and so wiped it out in short order(had the military handle it instead of police). There is nothing left of it (there is nothing left of the old, mainstream paramilitary arm of the Democratic party) and what exists now instead is more or less completely run by the FBI.

Why would the FBI etc want to destroy an organization they themselves run and that is something like 1/5th to 1/3rd FBI informants? To do so with the new terror laws would be of questionable value, eh?

It's the most obvious honeypot in the world and while some people do still do join it not knowing that, any recent group photo will show you that they are a pretty sad bunch. Given how many of them look to be seriously mentally deficient, I would think that it should probably just be shut down(because such people aren't on the whole competent enough to run an organized anything), but the FBI seems to think it has value in keeping that sort of thing in check so perhaps it does.

edit on 13-7-2016 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34 Wrong about one thing,the Dems just took control and put down the ones who resisted using free stuff,hah, to put blacks into inner cities.Johnson bragged that blacks would vote democrat for 100 years. The KKK was ok with that because they were concentrated in cities and economically and educationally held down.But they never went away,just went quiet and dormant for the most part.They were dying out and would have been gone in a few years .Now the BLM.NBP,and cop killings have dragged them from the brink of extinction and you better believe their ranks are swelling a lot faster than anyone would have imagined.I hate to think what is going to happen if everyone doesn`t come to their senses.We have much worse enemies than each other and better have some sanity preached by leaders instead of hate.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join