It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining Army, Any advice?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What are your interests? What previous training or work experiences do you have to build on?
Advancement will likely be far more dependent upon what you have to offer than what you hope to receive. The armed forces, much like any place of employment outside of academics, is most likely to reward in direct relation to what you produce. And your past history is going to be THE deciding factor in where THEY feel you'll be most useful to THEM. The amount and coloration of smoke blown up your posterior to get your name on the dotted line rarely relates to your final actual mos or deployment options.
Go expecting to serve rather than be served or be that cayote howling at the moon for mama each night.
Good luck bud.
Oops apparently he/they reconsidered. Good. Seemed a lose lose there somehow.
edit on 17-4-2019 by Tileman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I was in the USMC. Coast guard looks cool

That’s all I got.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
1. show up to work.
2. do your job.
3. dont get in trouble.

simple. i supervised, managed, and trained hundreds of troops. the ones who were my direct reports followed my rules, never had any issues.

the ones who made their own lives more difficult than they had to got forced out of the service.

they even put me in charge of a group of those screw ups, and i was able to turn some of their careers around.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda
1. show up to work.
2. do your job.
3. dont get in trouble.

simple. i supervised, managed, and trained hundreds of troops. the ones who were my direct reports followed my rules, never had any issues.

the ones who made their own lives more difficult than they had to got forced out of the service.

they even put me in charge of a group of those screw ups, and i was able to turn some of their careers around.

Maybe a little late here with the advice since this posting was 4 years ago

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

1. show up to work.
2. do your job.
3. dont get in trouble.

lol. it showed up in "hot" posts.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

1. show up to work.
2. do your job.
3. dont get in trouble.

lol. it showed up in "hot" posts.

lol sounds about right, its 2020 after all

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join