It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Russian Warning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
It's a private enterprise , ' It's not a made up thing' , It are your words Phage nothing more.

That is the fake private enterprise one, the real private enterprise one shows we are at a world Defcon of 3.765390164

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: frenchfries
There is no legitimate reason we constantly antagonize Russia.

As you said , US just needs a boogyman. But at the moment the situation is very serious. A single cyber attack (by russian scriptkiddy) would be reason for Nato troops to go on Russian soil... that's ugly!

I know it's subjective but it seems like the media are preparing us to hate the Russians giving us the same stereotypes as in the cold war. In fact it feels like the cold war never ended. Many Russians feel like there has to come a change before it's to late I too that is why I made this tread.

What troops?

USA, UK , Germany and france have only few thousand troops between them stationed in eastern Europe.

Thats a defence force not invasion

OP: Well exactly that troops (you aswered your own question ) , together with the new directive. And I didn't said it was an invasion it was provoking hence the reactions of the intelligencia.

edit on 7102016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

That is the fake private enterprise one, the real private enterprise one shows we are at a world Defcon of 3761390164

Guess this is a joke isn't it ?
If not where is the link ?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
here is the link...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: aethertek
Perhaps the "Russian citizens" should be writing Putin asking to get out of Crimea & stop threatening the smaller Eastern block nations with reprisal if they don't tow Pooties line.
You know all those countries that Russia annexed & enslaved after WW2.

K~

After Brexit and if Scotland decide to leave the UK i think England would annex the Clyde Naval Base to protect Trident, this would mean invading our former partner, Faslane is a vital part of the UK's defense system. Can the same not be said about Russia and the Crimea?

Just asking

England will not be Annexing anything, discussions will occur and a beneficial agreement arranged or they will just move and separate the English bits from the Scottish bits with no JackBoots involved.

Really? sorry, I've lost my rose tinted spectacles, remind me to book a visit to specksavers

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Phage

It's an opinion from (apparently) some Russians who seem to think that Russia can do no wrong and the the US is evil incarnate.

As opposed to opinion that the USA can do no wrong and that Russia is evil incarnate , TBH I've seen more evidence that the US is evil incarnate.
There is blame on both sides of the fence , NATO have been provoking Russia for years by expanding to its borders.

Politics will be the death of us all , well except those with nice comfy bunkers to hide in.

You mean Countries joining NATO voluntarily Expanding ITS borders not Marching in to expand its borders and chest beating to sway any democracy.

I mean NATO's efforts to hem Russia in , their disregard for assurances made that NATO would not expand to Russia's doorstep.

Baranez, a retired colonel who was the Defense Ministry's spokesman under former Russian President Boris Yeltsin, asks why Russia should even consider joint maneuvers after being deceived by the West. NATO, he writes, "has pushed its way right up to our national borders with its guns." He also argues that, in doing so, NATO has broken all the promises it made during the process of German reunification.

After speaking with many of those involved and examining previously classified British and German documents in detail, SPIEGEL has concluded that there was no doubt that the West did everything it could to give the Soviets the impression that NATO membership was out of the question for countries like Poland, Hungary or Czechoslovakia.

On Feb. 10, 1990, between 4 and 6:30 p.m., Genscher spoke with Shevardnadze. According to the German record of the conversation, which was only recently declassified, Genscher said: "We are aware that NATO membership for a unified Germany raises complicated questions.For us, however, one thing is certain: NATO will not expand to the east." And because the conversion revolved mainly around East Germany, Genscher added explicitly: "As far as the non-expansion of NATO is concerned, this also applies in general." Shevardnadze replied that he believed "everything the minister (Genscher) said."
www.spiegel.de...

As for Crimea , I could argue Russia has more of a claim to it than we do to the Falkland Islands.

What is Russia's claim to Crimea?
Its historical links with the peninsula go back to Catherine the Great in the 18th Century, when Russia conquered southern Ukraine and Crimea, taking them from the Ottoman Empire. In 1954, Crimea was handed to Ukraine as a gift by Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, who was himself half-Ukrainian. Only 10 years earlier, Joseph Stalin had deported Crimea's entire Tatar population, some 300,000 people, allegedly for co-operating with Hitler's Germany.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 10-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

LOL, i am still crying with laughter at the stupidity of some people. I have subscribed to that guys channel.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Next time I'll slash /S for those who need it.

K~

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

How do you know that the United States is at Defcon 4 ?

just curious!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I use this site as reference...

Defconwarningsystem

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

just curious!

Not the United States. The world.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Why?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

you mean the part of ukraine thats not a warzone where people are dying and suffering? yeah ignore the fact that Crimea is peaceful as # right now because of what Russia did.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It's an opinion from (apparently) some Russians who seem to think that Russia can do no wrong and the the US is evil incarnate.

As opposed to opinion that the USA can do no wrong and that Russia is evil incarnate , TBH I've seen more evidence that the US is evil incarnate.
There is blame on both sides of the fence , NATO have been provoking Russia for years by expanding to its borders.

Politics will be the death of us all , well except those with nice comfy bunkers to hide in.

You mean Countries joining NATO voluntarily Expanding ITS borders not Marching in to expand its borders and chest beating to sway any democracy.

I mean NATO's efforts to hem Russia in , their disregard for assurances made that NATO would not expand to Russia's doorstep.

Baranez, a retired colonel who was the Defense Ministry's spokesman under former Russian President Boris Yeltsin, asks why Russia should even consider joint maneuvers after being deceived by the West. NATO, he writes, "has pushed its way right up to our national borders with its guns." He also argues that, in doing so, NATO has broken all the promises it made during the process of German reunification.

After speaking with many of those involved and examining previously classified British and German documents in detail, SPIEGEL has concluded that there was no doubt that the West did everything it could to give the Soviets the impression that NATO membership was out of the question for countries like Poland, Hungary or Czechoslovakia.

On Feb. 10, 1990, between 4 and 6:30 p.m., Genscher spoke with Shevardnadze. According to the German record of the conversation, which was only recently declassified, Genscher said: "We are aware that NATO membership for a unified Germany raises complicated questions.For us, however, one thing is certain: NATO will not expand to the east." And because the conversion revolved mainly around East Germany, Genscher added explicitly: "As far as the non-expansion of NATO is concerned, this also applies in general." Shevardnadze replied that he believed "everything the minister (Genscher) said."
www.spiegel.de...

As for Crimea , I could argue Russia has more of a claim to it than we do to the Falkland Islands.

What is Russia's claim to Crimea?
Its historical links with the peninsula go back to Catherine the Great in the 18th Century, when Russia conquered southern Ukraine and Crimea, taking them from the Ottoman Empire. In 1954, Crimea was handed to Ukraine as a gift by Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev, who was himself half-Ukrainian. Only 10 years earlier, Joseph Stalin had deported Crimea's entire Tatar population, some 300,000 people, allegedly for co-operating with Hitler's Germany.
www.bbc.co.uk...

That is a load of bull. Russia joined NATO's PfP program. the Russian NATO council, the G8, and even joined NATO exercises in new NATO states like Poland. Not only did Russia not have a problem with NATO expansion they were a part of it. And we know from Gorvechov himself

The topic of ‘NATO expansion’ was not discussed at all, and it wasn’t brought up in those years
The only agreement was on stationing additional NATO forces and nuclear weapons in East Germany. In 1997 NATO declared it would not deploy NATO forces into the eastern states until such time they felt under threat. It was a one way NATO statement. And they did so until the Crimea invasion. With Russia breaking its treaty with Ukraine to guarantee its territorial integrity all bets were off.

And no you can not compare the Falklands to Crimea. The UK never recognized the Falklands as a part of Argentina and the UK did not sign a lease to use a naval base in the Falklands, and the UK did not sign a treaty of friendship with Argentina that said

In accord with provisions of the UN Charter and the obligations of the Final Act on Security and Cooperation in Europe, the High Contracting Parties shall respect each other′s territorial integrity and reaffirm the inviolability of the borders existing between them
It also put down the terms of the Russian Navy being based in Ukraine. The UK has never done any of that with Argentina. That would be like the UK recognizing the Falklands as a part of Argentina for 50 years and then suddenly occupied and annexed it back. Which is what Russia did.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join