It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Bombs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Is this true?

I read yesterday that the cornered shooter in Dallas shot himself.

Now I'm reading that a robot bomb was used? A robot bomb!? They have these?

If so, why not a canister of knock out gas so they could interrogate him?
Nope, we're using bombs now.

This sets a dangerous precedent.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Something Fishy

This has been talked about a lot. They had to figure something out, as officers were being nailed pretty hard. I totally get where you are coming from. But in this instance I don't see an issue with what they did. They improvised and it worked.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Double post.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 9-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes. They have the ability to tape a bomb to an EOD robot. And have, for quite some time, had that ability. And not used it.

So yea, they used a robot with a bomb taped to it to kill a guy who already killed several cops and made it clear he had every intention of killing more. "Knock out gas" doesn't work on everybody. You know what does?

Explosives.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. What if a child was near by and they couldn't see or didn't know?

As you stated, why could they not do something a little less leathal? Answer: Because they can. Murder is fun for some.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Again with the less lethal response to a lethal threat crap.

Hyperbole is fun for some. Facts? Not so much, apparently.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well first I'd have to believe it wasn't staged and he wasn't just another patsy, in a very long line of patsies. :p now let's get back to Hilary and her Clinton Foundation eh?

edit on 9-7-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Concussion bomb or kill you bomb
I kinda wonder if they would have Judge Dredded him, doesn't sound right even in the US

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yes it does set a dangerous precedent.

The "robot bomb" is basically a ground drone.

Why not take it a step further and use an air based drone to neutralize suspects, just like in the Middle East...

Skynet is awakening.

BTW, they destroyed evidence when they blew him up, could have easily just used gas. Then we would have more INFORMATION from the suspect.

We are in an INFORMATION WAR. We are winning, and they are losing-

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Do they just use those military armored vehicles to serve warrants now?

Using bombs now. Police=military this is an occupation.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So where are the photos of this supposed bombed area? Has anyone seen photos or video, or is it just a story? I don't believe anything I see on the idiotic TV. Sounds like another fairytale pushed by CNN and the rest of the commies.
edit on 9-7-2016 by dntwastetime because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by dntwastetime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So, Hellfire missles from a drone 5 miles away next?

Heck, whatever works, eh?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well first I'd have to believe it wasn't staged and he wasn't just another patsy, in a very long line of patsies. :p now let's get back to Hilary and her Clinton Foundation eh?

But if you don't believe it wasn't staged, why believe a bomb was used at all? Which you clearly do.

Good try though

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. What if a child was near by and they couldn't see or didn't know?

As you stated, why could they not do something a little less leathal? Answer: Because they can. Murder is fun for some.

Sure. Would you take a less lethal taser or pepper spray and walk into that garage after a guy who just murdered 5 of you? Robots also have cameras. I am sure they looked around at what was going on in the area before setting it off.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Did the bomb set off any seismic readings? What about video with an explosion on the audio? Anything? Where is the proof of this event ?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

This is what concerns me the most about the method they used.
I want to know if the police new the area was clear of civilians or if they just decided any collateral damage was worth it to stop the threat.

Otherwise i dont have a problem with the method given what had just happened and that he wasn't going to let any cops going in to come back out alive.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
These sort of robots have cameras on them so the operator can see whats going on, probably with abilities to do thermal imaging so they would be able to basically get inside the building and ensure theres no one else around and then if it can get close enough detonate the charge...but he must of been the dumbest ass ever not to notice a 2mph or whatever device crawling towards him and think "hmm....that looks ok i'll ignore it"....they probably got lucky as it caused the upper floor/roof to collapse and kill him?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This isn't the first time police have used bombs to kill, but this has to be the first time they used an expensive tool designed to disarm and dismantle bombs to become a bomb.

In 1985 Philadelphia officers bombed the headquarters of a self-styled black liberation group. Eleven members of the group, including five children, were killed, and a fire spread through the neighborhood, destroying more than 60 homes.

In this case did they even have the fire department on standby in case they hit a gas line and set fire to the city. Did they check to see if gas lines were near? There have already been some in government that advocate arming drones over the US for police use. You know, just in case!!!!

Personally, I don't like the precedent this sets. If there isn't a huge discussion over the example they made I am certain we will see this happen more often for far less extreme circumstances. There is policing and there is warfare and there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.
edit on 9-7-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

In 1985 Philadelphia officers bombed the headquarters of a self-styled black liberation group. Eleven members of the group, including five children, were killed, and a fire spread through the neighborhood, destroying more than 60 homes.

In this case did they even have the fire department on standby in case they hit a gas line and set fire to the city. Did they check to see if gas lines were near? There have already been some in government that advocate arming drones over the US for police use. You know, just in case!!!!

Personally, I don't like the precedent this sets. If there isn't a huge discussion over the example they made I am certain we will see this happen more ofter for far less extreme circumstances. There is policing and there is warfare and there is line that shouldn't be crossed.

Well that was interesting also I do agree with your point ... Here's a link to that incident. mashable.com...

edit on 9-7-2016 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Do they just use those military armored vehicles to serve warrants now?

Using bombs now. Police=military this is an occupation.

Only if you haven't handed in your library books before the due date.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join