It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POTUS: As a Dallas Resident, This is what I Wanted to Hear

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You want the leader of the government to actually lead.

Obama leads very well, with a patience & social grace I could never muster.
The problem is you & yours don't like the direction, the rest of us do.

Sucks being a minority doesn't it.

K~

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I just want a leader that is not afraid of saying, doing the right thing.

Too many pander, fear "offending" some group.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

This was one such time when he was responsible for every word, every historical reference, every emoted feeling, every ounce of what it is to be an American poured from his heart.

But he was still an actor as most politicians are also masters in using emotion to sway opinion. He was also human like us and we act constantly, changing faces depending on which audience we're facing. You are acting when on ATS as text can never truly represent who you are....

When tragedy befalls Americans who are in the employ of our government and working for the public good

I would question your first assumption that LEOS are working for the public good. A police force is there to enforce the law of whatever state they act in, or the political will of their employer. It doesn't follow that they are acting for the public good - an example would be when they exclude protester's from a G7 meeting, or occupying Wall St.

This is what I wanted to hear from President Obama...

You should know by now that they are only orators and like has been shown time and again in the "flag burning" threads, they are only symbols that people can look upto for comfort.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
These comments are despicable and naive so I will address them all with one post and avoid entangling myself in millennial troll conversations....

I understand most of your inabilities to research data and sift through the mire that is political history....
But it never ceases to astound me the cynical nature of such uninformed people…

Generally one requires a vast repository of knowledge to gain cynicism…
But millennial's have ignored this logic and knowledge based journey and couch any jingoism as a relic of the past, an antiquated sensibility and skip through understanding history straight to cynicism ....
Your comments belie either a lack of exposure to the truth of history or exposure to it in a biased manner by liberal professors with a historical rewriting agenda...

I can't argue with people the color of the sky when I know it to be blue....and I cannot overcome the liberal dogma that the sky is a different color…
Arguing with faith is impossible because it requires no proof and no amount of data proving their faith to be false will see the progressivists succumb to logic, reason and a factual understanding of history...
Progressivism subscribes to moral relativism and under this umbrella they do not see right or wrong, good or evil, black or white: they see only shades of gray where anything can and will be justified or condemned depending upon their liberal worldview and their own perverted sensibilities ....

So I bid you all Godspeed on your march through life already knowing all the answers....
Congratulations!!

-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Reagan wasn't an orator, he was an actor. Obama is was an attorney.

Big difference.

Attorneys practice lying without flinching, not tearing up and "touching the face of God", lol.

That is exactly what actors do.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

So I piss on your little Hero Reagaon and that makes me a evil progressive lefty ?

I say Reagan was the lefty as he was for big government!

He expanded big government and laid down the foundations of the policy's that Clinton Bush and Obama would use to wreck the USA.

But there is no use debating things with people like you as if anyone disagrees with your opinon you will just label them a "leftie" or "Liberal" in your twisted black/white partisan fantasy.

True right are people like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.

edit on 9-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

So, you're glad our country is going down the tubes because of these programs championed by the Liberals? When the almighty BLM cheers when 5 cops are killed? When the label "Social Justice Warrior" means whining the loudest about poor hurt feelings? [ what an eyeroll that deserves ]
Obama couldn't lead a starving man to a buffet. He's caused more division and racial tension since the 60s and he's too stupid to focus on the real cause of our problems and just sits around babbling "Guns! derp" .
He's a failure as a President and will go down in history as one of, if not the most, corrupt we've ever had.
"Most transparent administration in history". Right.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

American Exceptionalism

That says more about you than anything you've written so far.

carcass of the evil soviet empire upon the ash heap of history and pushed America to be right and good because he was right and good...

In other words he was a "hawk" and worked well for his MIC masters....The SDI was an expensive toy

www.heritage.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The Soviet union was going to collapse anyway as it was rotton at the core.

Well...partly true...the race to collapse it started in earnest when Soviet markets needed to be "opened up" for McDonalds and Coca-Cola - they employed their cronies, the IMF

en.wikipedia.org...(1991–present)

The conversion of the world's largest state-controlled economy into a market-oriented economy would have been extraordinarily difficult regardless of the policies chosen. The policies chosen for this difficult transition were (1) liberalization, (2) stabilization, and (3) privatization. These policies were based on the neoliberal "Washington Consensus" of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), World Bank, and U.S. Treasury Department.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Thank you for so succinctly adding the proverbial exclamation point to my post decrying a vast chasm between opinion based upon nothing and factual history...

Never has so much ignorance been put into such a small sentence…
Congratulations!!

-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

Thank you for so succinctly adding the proverbial exclamation point to my post decrying a vast chasm between opinion based upon nothing and factual history...

Never has so much ignorance been put into such a small sentence…
Congratulations!!

-Christosterone

Why?

Why am I wrong?

The only good thing that happened under Regan was the full of the USSR and that was inevitable anyway as communism is unsustainable.

Trickle down economics (why fix the USA economy when it wasn't broken) Destroyed the middle classes.

Iran- Contra was basically treason.

Supplying arms to Taliban....well we know how that went now didn't we?

The escalation on the war on drugs? All it did was make the problem worse and criminalize huge sections of society over issues of personal choice, plus overfill you your prisons and criminal justice system to the pint the "land of the free" has more people imprisoned per capita than any other country!

He tripped the national debt at the time.

You fail to address the above and continue to blindly worship at the alter of Reagan.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When Obama speaks, he is overtly condescending or reluctantly sympathetic. Either way, he is always lost in his own sense of grandiose.
edit on 9-7-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The state of our Union when Reagan Took office was miserable…
President Carter's cataclysmic liberal reforms had sent us spiraling into a literal and figurative depression with inflation completely out of control…

Never in the 20th century were we, as Americans, so demoralized and lacking in faith in the American ideal…

It was upon this stage in this depressing setting that he took over and implemented policies over the next eight years that would see a transformative age of economic explosivity over that was unprecedented in the history of mankind…
The trickle-down seeds whose fruit would come to harvest over the next decade(90s) which his economic policy makers had forecasted in their trickle-down lifespan analysis in the original strategy…

Start around 3:20

I hope videos and facts never derail your preposterous unenlightened dogma....

-Christosterone
edit on 9-7-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ok lets put the insults to oneside and dismissing each other as ignorant?

As for reagonomics?

Some like me would argue it just masked a economic problem not solved it.
UL market thatcher adopted the same at the time so its not a US only thing.

Short term yes it seemed to have a very dramtic and good effect.

Negatives though:

The middle classes and manufacturing jobs were both hit.

Its hasnt be sustainable.

Trickle down economics has just been trickle up.

Carter may have wrecked the economy but its debatable if Reagans was to "fix" it has in the long term been better, unless of course you are extremly rich.

And tyat still doesnt excuse:
Trippleing of the debt.

Giving weapons to terrorists

Iran-contra.

Escalation of war on drugs

In fact even if he was the BEST president ever and pefect in any over way and solved all the nations woes, Iran contra should negate that as it was treason. And breaking the law is breaking the law, no matter how good of a politician you are.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

True right are people like Ron Paul and Gary Johnson.

QFT!

That's what I heard from every non-American right-minded person I spoke to about U.S. politics.

You Yanks had some good guys to vote for, yet for some reason you still prefer the crazies.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ewww, a Reagnite. Excuse em, I'm going to hurl.

He killed the Unions, deregulated banks and started the biggest arms race in History.

Now we are jobless, in eternal debt and at endless war.

You can join him on that ashheap of History.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

That is exactly what actors do.

Regan couldn't lie, he couldn't act either. The best movie I ever saw him in was a little obscure, called The Killers with Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson. He has a bit part as a mob boss, good flick except for Ronnie...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Your liar is better at lying than my liar.

They all lie, don't care who they step on. How do you think they got to the top, by being honest?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Donald Trump had a similar message and I was genuinely surprised at his connection with all of the events from Baton Rouge & Minnesota to the Dallas massacre...
-Christosterone

My 2 cents: I was pleasantly surprised by Mr Trump's thoughtful and inclusive remarks today. I hope the trend continues. That said, he made no comments that I am aware of, during the prior two days, regarding the deaths of the two men who were shot by police.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Regan was a actor.

That made him better at lieing and manipulation than any politician.

Hell you can see his lying worked.
Hes got to be one of your most authoritarian presidents you ever had, with hands in treasonous operations (iran-constra) who set down the foundationss of the economic and foreign policys that are wrecking the USA today.......and he has most of you convinced he was your best president

Well let's put it this way. Obama is an actor too. And he can't do that well either.

originally posted by: intrptr

Ewww, a Reagnite. Excuse em, I'm going to hurl.

He killed the Unions, deregulated banks and started the biggest arms race in History.

Now we are jobless, in eternal debt and at endless war.

You can join him on that ashheap of History.

Phew, for a minute there, I thought we were eternally screwed from the Reaganonimcs! Thank god Obama came along and changed all that.....my hero.

edit on 9-7-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join