It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POTUS: As a Dallas Resident, This is what I Wanted to Hear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When tragedy befalls Americans who are in the employ of our government and working for the public good then I want my president to be genuinely shaken..
I want him to drop whatever he's doing and talk to me and relate to me and feel what I'm feeling…or at least appear to feel it..
I don't want to see him yucking it up with other world leaders mere hours after a somber press conference.

This is what I want:

Donald Trump had a similar message and I was genuinely surprised at his connection with all of the events from Baton Rouge & Minnesota to the Dallas massacre...

-Christosterone
edit on 9-7-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Reagan wasn't an orator, he was an actor. Obama is was an attorney.

Big difference.

Attorneys practice lying without flinching, not tearing up and "touching the face of God", lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Regan was a actor.

That made him better at lieing and manipulation than any politician.

Hell you can see his lying worked.
Hes got to be one of your most authoritarian presidents you ever had, with hands in treasonous operations (iran-constra) who set down the foundationss of the economic and foreign policys that are wrecking the USA today.......and he has most of you convinced he was your best president

edit on 9-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Reagan wrote every word of that speech...it is dismissive and obtuse to label him simply an "actor"...his eloquence with the written word was unparalleled for a president in the 20th century when Woodrow wilson's precedent of employing speech writers became the norm.
Reagan only farmed out speeches when he didn't have time or feel the need to put only his touch on his words...
This was one such time when he was responsible for every word, every historical reference, every emoted feeling, every ounce of what it is to be an American poured from his heart.

This is what I wanted to hear from President Obama...

-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

But he was actor.

And part of being a actor is being a wordsmith.

Just because someone tells you what you want to hear doesn't make them trust worthy.

I would not trust ANY words that come out a politicians mouth. That way you cant be disappointed.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Actors read lines. Reagan wasn't a good liar. Obama reads lines, too, but with an attorneys background. Trained to lie, unlike Reagan. If Reagan didn't genuflect emotion, the public of that era wouldn't have trusted him so much.

Obama is pretty much stone faced wen he reads his teleprompter script. The last time he cried about "gun violence" nobody bought it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You feel better if the circus ring master, the game show host, the presider would apologize? You're too dependent on others.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The public trusted Reagan because he did what he promised...he believed in American Exceptionalism and his actions reflected his sensibilities...

He left the carcass of the evil soviet empire upon the ash heap of history and pushed America to be right and good because he was right and good...

Whether he began his life as an actor or shoe salesman like Harry S Truman is of no consequence when judging a mans life and impact on history...

-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Actors read lines. Reagan wasn't a good liar. Obama reads lines, too, but with an attorneys background. Trained to lie, unlike Reagan. If Reagan didn't genuflect emotion, the public of that era wouldn't have trusted him so much.

Obama is pretty much stone faced wen he reads his teleprompter script. The last time he cried about "gun violence" nobody bought it.

Tl;dr

Your liar is better at lying than my liar.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

The public trusted Reagan because he did what he promised...he believed in American Exceptionalism and his actions reflected his sensibilities...

He left the carcass of the evil soviet empire upon the ash heap of history and pushed America to be right and good because he was right and good...

Whether he began his life as an actor or shoe salesman like Harry S Truman is of no consequence when judging a mans life and impact on history...

-Christosterone

All i heard from that was DERP DERP DERP.

The Soviet union was going to collapse anyway as it was rotton at the core.

As for America and him being" right and good"?

If you calling selling arms to terrorists and drug barons as "right and good".

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Reagan had several speech writers.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

'If you calling selling arms to terrorists and drug barons as "right and good".'

Obviously ever Hillary supporter and most of the media thinks that concept is ok.

To add to this, did you guys get to keep your insurance if you liked your insurance?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

'If you calling selling arms to terrorists and drug barons as "right and good".'

Obviously ever Hillary supporter and most of the media thinks that concept is ok.

To add to this, did you guys get to keep your insurance if you liked your insurance?

Who said I was a hillary supporter?

Please show me were I have EVER shown support of her?

You Americans think i such binary two dimensional political terms

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

-Christosterone

Seems like that's all we ever hear from you!

Is that your favorite phrase...DERP DERP DERP?

edit on 7/9/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

lol an actor a better liar than a lawyer. bwaahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

When tragedy befalls Americans who are in the employ of our government and working for the public good then I want my president to be genuinely shaken..
I want him to drop whatever he's doing and talk to me and relate to me and feel what I'm feeling…or at least appear to feel it..
I don't want to see him yucking it up with other world leaders mere hours after a somber press conference.

What you want is to feel like a special snowflake. You want to hear sympathetic reassurances that can't be controlled. You want to be lied to to feel safer.

We all have our own opinions, the difference is that I don't expect pity when tragedy strikes near home. (I live in Orlando)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

-Christosterone

The Soviet union was going to collapse anyway as it was rotton at the core.

As for America and him being" right and good"?

If you calling selling arms to terrorists and drug barons as "right and good".

For someone who doesn't live in America, you sure seem to declare yourself quite knowledgeable about our leaders and politics, yet gleefully espouse your arrogance by ignoring other opinions and facts.

"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you know nothing about" - Wayne Dyer

"People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Other countries and their political bodies are quick to throw ANY other country under the bus and spin propaganda to make themselves look superior to the rest of the world... the UK is no different.

If you really think you can sit on the other side of the pond, and critique our leaders and our culture without having experienced it or lived it yourself, well maybe it's good that you're on that side of the pond.

The OP was NOT pointing out the political background of Reagan, which you were so quick to try to diminish... they were pointing the difference in CHARACTER and how Reagan was working to unify people and calm the public in a very genuine, heartfelt way, and the differences in today's President and how he handled a similar situation, and was expressing how the OP wanted to see something more like that. You took that as an opportunity to turn it into something political, while ignoring the whole premise of their post with your "DERP DERP DERP"...

No wonder that's all you can hear, your ignorance makes you deaf. (or in this case, blind)

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

You see some people actually get educations and study the world outside there own countrys and take a intrest in the outside world

Also at no point did I call UK politicans superior either. You will find plently of scathing rants on ATS about our own corrupt politicians.

And yes this is a INTERNATIONAL forum and I live like you in a "free" country so i can slag off any political leader I like from Ronald Reagon to Pol pots.

Dont like it? Join a Reagon fan club forum.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I understand what you mean.

You want the leader of the government to actually lead.

Doubt we'll get that, but I get what you're saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I understand what you mean.

You want the leader of the government to actually lead.

Doubt we'll get that, but I get what you're saying.

You need another Theodore Roosevelt.

Hell you should find his DNA and clone him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join