It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family declares war on off-duty cop in road rage shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

ugh... this is a necessary topic, thank OP...

Thank you. I think so too. I really appreciate that!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Boadicea

Blame the dead guy all you want.

damn right, if he's stupid enough to lean into a car and start punching, without knowing if someone in that car has a gun, cop or not he got what was coming to him.

cops aren't the only ones in new york that carry a gun.

Whatever happened to the days of chivalry and valor, where if someone punched you you just punched them back and if and didn't shoot them? Things are just no fun anymore.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

them days are long gone been that way for a while.
to many idiots took to stabling shooting people when gangs started all their sh@@ years ago.

and besides that what if your a little puny fella, and the guy that leaned in was a big ol massive brute as this guy looked.

edit on 7-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I honestly have no idea who that is directed to or what you're trying to say. Unfortunately, the snark overwhelmed any real message.

But regarding this:

Taking care of your own when it comes to certain matters is just not the way society or the legal system are set up today.

The current system is not working, in large part because of the misguided notion that color of law can ever replace natural law.

All life is sacred. All lives have value. All lives must be protected and defended to the greatest extent of the law.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Honest question;

If the video backs up the official story, does not the guy that attacked the off duty cop bear the majority of the blame for the incident?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

"He has every right and opportunity to provide an affirmative defense in a court of law before a jury of his peers." Well, according to the article, a high ranking officer considers it justifiable, so this may not even happen.

One more reason for the lack of trust in the authorities. And one more reason for independent review boards -- preferably with citizens. No more policing themselves. They've abused the privilege.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

... you keep talking about this person and this case. It's bigger than that.

So looking at each incident individually is not the right approach. We should lop all incidents, including this one, into one large group titled "Police Brutality" and largely hold the cops responsible. It would never be the fault of the convicted felons and trouble makers, that in many cases are corroborated by eye-witness testimony and surveillance footage, made the problem worse by disobeying law enforcement.

Each situation needs to be looked at individually, and you blew your whole argument by sympathizing with a recidivist with 19 prior arrests and 3 terms in prison on his resume

It obvious this troll just can't get enough to eat today and nothing will satiate his appetite other than absolute validation of his asinine idealism... let him starve.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

FFS... there are a lot of police brutality cases to get angry about, this is not one... unless there is a story to it that hasnt been linked here yet.

But this is the one in which a family member has threatened retaliation.

If this guy is as bad as you think, then the family knows that even better... how much more so would the family of a good man killed wrongfully feel this way?

Whether we like it or not or agree or not, more and more people believe that cops are getting away with murder (because they are). Telling them to just STFU doesn't fix anything, it only reaffirms that perception. The particulars of this specific case don't matter... the widespread perception of abusive cops does.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

That about sums it up.. nothing to see here, move along.

It's incidents like this where BLM types condone the behaviour of what are obviously outright thugs that diminish the cases where officers actually do kill innocent people. Stop making excuses for thugs!

His sister is saying they're assassinating his character? Really? I understand she's in pain but she's outright lying, he was a felon and he violently attacked a police officer. If he got shot it serves him right, he's no victim. What's wrong with these people? Have they no honesty or honour? SCUMBAG LIARS!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I honestly have no idea who that is directed to or what you're trying to say. Unfortunately, the snark overwhelmed any real message.

But regarding this:

Taking care of your own when it comes to certain matters is just not the way society or the legal system are set up today.

The current system is not working, in large part because of the misguided notion that color of law can ever replace natural law.

All life is sacred. All lives have value. All lives must be protected and defended to the greatest extent of the law.

But not outside of the law. No matter if that law doesn't always work for you.

Take your vengeance that you are so certain is yours to take, but then also take the penalty or the anarchy and destruction that would follow too.

This thinly veiled encouragement of killing or hurting other people because you feel you have the right to? Because you feel existing laws don't satisfy you or are unjust? That's just wrong. At least in this society.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Did I misread the article?

The deceased was attacking the officer in a fit of road rage.

Absolutely justified shooting.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
a reply to: Urantia1111
a reply to: grey580
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

My apologies to all -- I just found out my mother was taken to the hospital and I have to abandon the thread for a while. She's celebrating her 85th birthday Saturday and has heart issues...

Please carry on the discussion! I'll be back when I can.

And, again, my apologies

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's a family emergency, no apology needed.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6
a reply to: Urantia1111
a reply to: grey580
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

My apologies to all -- I just found out my mother was taken to the hospital and I have to abandon the thread for a while. She's celebrating her 85th birthday Saturday and has heart issues...

Please carry on the discussion! I'll be back when I can.

And, again, my apologies

I hope everything works out ok, family always comes first.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Dear Cops,

Please don't shoot me unless I draw a gun on you or violently resist arrest or produce a knife. Then by all means let me have it.
But if you have me pined to the ground please don't kill me...or if I'm going for my Driver's license please don't kill me.

Dear Other Cops,

Please arrest and charge these murderers so that I know there are still good cops out there that aren't cowards and afraid to cross that "Thin Blue Line of Cowardice".

Do the right thing.

Thanks,

Signed your bosses. You work for us to serve and protect us. Maybe we should make those letters bigger cause some of you thought it said kill and injure us for no good reason.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
it was inevitable that it would come to this,too many rabid dogs running wild and people will take it upon themselves to start shooting rabid dogs.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Orionx2

You better have some damn good proof before you go all vigilante on cops or anyone else.

And cops need to have some damn good proof AFTER they go all Judge Dredd on a civilian or anyone else.

Vigilantes, on the other hand, don't want or need proof. When the rules don't work, they don't play by the rules.

And 99 out of 100 times they do. There is over a million cops in the USA and only a couple popup in the media every now and then. Walk their shoes. Go to YouTube and search for "cop shootouts" and you will see why they do what they do.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Orionx2

Just one question.

Do we have at least 2 sides to this story?

What fun would that be... Just go Ferguson on he said she said.....

You better have some damn good proof before you go all vigilante on cops or anyone else.

I'm beginning to think LEO should be given more power back, instead of less.

I am no pacifist. I want Law and Order.

Indeed. If it was not for our police we would be like the Middle east. Suicide bomb on every corner. People need to be very careful what they ask for. Not to say there is bad cops or cops that lack proper judgment. But what high stress job has a perfect workforce?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Just one question.

Wll the dead guy cant tell his side now can he?
edit on 7-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

Just one question.

Wll the dead guy cant tell his side now can he?

He told it in his police records and actions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join