It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE: FBI Director testifies before House Oversight Committee at 10am est. Live feed

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Indigo5

That is the thing the GOP will not let it die, regardless if Trump is the presidential candidate or somebody else of the party choosing.

This what they will used to keep the party chances alive.

Only parties in power have the option to "not let it die"...because they have the majority and can conduct these politically motivated hearings...and that will change if they keep it up.

That is the point...This does not "keep the party chances alive"...The dead horse beating convinces more of the middle that the GOP in congress are exhaustingly out of touch. It plays to a shrinking base.

4 Months ago the GOP losing Senate Majority seemed statistically impossible...but now that is what most people predict. The house flipping to Dems seems a stretch by most pollsters...but the margin is shrinking..

Wonder why Paul Ryan did this a couple months back?

Speaker Paul Ryan and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy met privately with Rep. Jason Chaffetz Wednesday evening to reiterate that he cannot proceed with any investigation that involves Hillary Clinton, according to multiple sources familiar with the meeting.

House Republican leadership is moving cautiously when it comes to Clinton. Ryan and McCarthy have been clear about their preference that the FBI handle anything Clinton related. But Chaffetz's comments led to confusion in Republican leadership.

www.politico.com...

They are jumping the shark...Just saying..The American public wants more out of Congress...the most do-nothing congress in history...than a never ending anti-Hillary campaign.

this doesn't end well for the GOP

edit on 7-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: xuenchen

That is why I keep telling that the issue of Hillary and the FBI finding along with the tarnished Lynch will follow her until election day.

This will no die anytime soon.

It was dead months ago...This FBI conclusion was the last gasp of the dying horse the GOP have been kicking...

They can continue to pull the horses mouth open and shut and kick it while screaming it's still alive...But apart from wasting energy best spent elsewhere..it just makes them look desperate.

Just my 2 cents...and I am pretty sure the poll numbers haven't even squeeked in Donald's direction the last 48 hours.

are you kidding?.....the republican congress will have weekly hearings all the way up to the election...the republicans have not gotten their pound of flesh.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

When the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said on Tuesday that his investigators had no “direct evidence” that Hillary Clinton’s email account had been “successfully hacked,” both private experts and federal investigators immediately understood his meaning: It very likely had been breached, but the intruders were far too skilled to leave evidence of their work.

Hillary Clinton’s Email Was Probably Hacked, Experts Say

The biggest problem with this is:

Her personal.

Her work.

Their Foundation.

Was condensed on a single point of failure that WAS exploited.

Big time NO,NO people.

Things 'smart' people simply do not EVER do.
edit on 7-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Nikola014

I agree, this a big example of how the elite gets away with murder while the population is too dumb out to even care.

you mean like Richard Armitage (deputy secretary of state under George w) outing Valerie Plame, who was a covert agent working for the CIA, and not even getting a slap on the wrist?......I wonder how many US covert agents and friendly foreign contacts were killed because of that....the population didn't give a rat's ass about that, nor did these hypocritical republicans now in congress.....

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

a reply to: xuenchen

That is why I keep telling that the issue of Hillary and the FBI finding along with the tarnished Lynch will follow her until election day.

This will no die anytime soon.

It was dead months ago...This FBI conclusion was the last gasp of the dying horse the GOP have been kicking...

They can continue to pull the horses mouth open and shut and kick it while screaming it's still alive...But apart from wasting energy best spent elsewhere..it just makes them look desperate.

Just my 2 cents...and I am pretty sure the poll numbers haven't even squeeked in Donald's direction the last 48 hours.

are you kidding?.....the republican congress will have weekly hearings all the way up to the election...the republicans have not gotten their pound of flesh.

Ahem...Hillary Clinton will never offer a pound nor ounce of flesh...Not sure she is even made of flesh.

They will likely do just that, continue with hearings etc....which will satisfy their frustrated base and furnish them with more "hope"...but with zero chances of success...Keep hope alive!

What it will also do is provide Dems with a foaming-mouth, politically driven, ideologically obsessed GOP in congress they can point to as everything that is wrong in DC. It will actually help the Clinton campaign as she talks pocket-book issues...and it will cost Congress seats.

again...just my 2 cents..I am usually right about these things..This nonsense falls in the expense column, not income for both the GOP and Trump.

They would be better off tackling substance issues with the American voter, like kitchen table economics of the middle class.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I'm sure once she wins the elections she will pardon herself, Bill, the foundation and anybody that help her get into power.

You do realize that there is nothing she needs to be Pardoned for? And as has been made clear a perjury investigation is an absolute lost cause with near zero chance of any indictment and near impossible to prove. People have said MUCH more "untrue" things to congress than a 3/30,000 email recollection and not got indicted. It would be like prosecuting someone for inaccurately recalling what they ate for breakfast on Dec 4th 2010.

It really is wild...what folks are willing to tell themselves in the name of "Hope"..

I get you all hate Hillary...but reality matters too. If the GOP in congress understood that, they might keep the senate. If the GOP voting base understood that, they might have gotten a nominee that could win the WH.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am still back on page 19 reading but just can't wit to toss my opinion in the ring! Kudos to Comey! He did his job. I believe that a hundred percent. She can play stupid, and without direct evidence there is nothing he could do. What this hearing has offered though is of great importance.

Comey stated he could not pursue a Perjury charge without a congressional request! These emails are a slap on the wrist to prison time with a felony perjury charge! Now, to watch the follow up! I hope Clinton sweats tonight. That charge surely will be coming!

And the drama continues......

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Catching up here... I did not listen to every minute of the hearing yet.

I heard Comey asked if the president, anyone on behalf of the president, or anyone with Hillary's campaign pressured him.

Was he asked if Lynch pressured him?
Was he asked if anyone else at all pressured his decision?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The agency probably owns it because their asset (read spy) gathered the intelligence.
The point is that the IG can't even tell the chairman of the committee which agency it is.... let alone what the info is.... it is that secret.
Hence the reason that I addressed the '3' email crowd.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The agency probably owns it because their asset (read spy) gathered the intelligence.

There was only one email with Human Intelligence and that originated from a Private Intelligence Service run by Blumenthal...so that's not it.

The point is that the IG can't even tell the chairman of the committee which agency it is.... let alone what the info is.... it is that secret.

In a public hearing? That seems normal.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Aazadan

It's not about what I (or anybody else) think are lies.

The Government reports prove dozens of high impact lies and perjury.

Do you not see that?

This thread is moving way too fast for me, so this will be my last comment on the issue.

Then they should have no problem proving she lied about something. Libya, Syria, Benghazi, Emailgate, no prosecutor has yet taken up the cause that she lied.

Maybe they don't think they can make a case out of it?

Maybe they're the ones lying to you, making it sound like they're doing something when it's really much ado about nothing?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And you think that is somehow ok that some in government are telling other people to shut up and not expose corruption, just because the corrupt person is too powerful to investigate?

How is that justifiable?

That is as bad as cops covering for each other when they do bad things.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hillary Clinton owns her own lies.

All lies are now on the record.

reCorrecting the Record

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Doesn't matter.

The proof of perjury is already in the public record and the Congressional record.

It's all downhill from now on.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There was only one email with Human Intelligence and that originated from a Private Intelligence Service run by Blumenthal...so that's not it.

In a public hearing? That seems normal.

Again, missing the point. . The IG can't even tell Congress, behind closed doors..... and Hillary was sharing it with people that had no clearance.

Anyway, you know how many humint emails there were.... what about the 22 that can't be released in any form.... what do you know about them???

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Yep, I got the impression that Comey might have been suggesting that they request an investigation of the perjury.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ok, I lied (see, I do it too). This is my real last post on the issue.

So when we find it happening, we should reward it?

No, but you should be pragmatic about it. There has been almost 2 full congressional terms tied up doing nothing other than focusing on Hillary. There has been over $100 million spent investigating her.

What is the payoff for a conviction? We get someone whose inept out of office?

Cutting off your arm when one finger is diseased isn't the way to solve a problem.

originally posted by: xuenchen

You need to start a new topic (thread) about "actual issues".

Then see how popular those "actual issues" are.

There's plenty of threads on real issues where people discuss them. Fortunately, many of them don't devolve into partisan BS.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Humm, so she is completely incompetent as Secretary of State. How does her incompetence make her a viable candidate to the Presidency?

That's the only other reason she would have done this, because she is then completely incompetent. Not to mention the fact she even stated that what she did was allowed by the State Department which is one of the many lies she stated under oath.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You do realize that there is nothing she needs to be Pardoned for? And as has been made clear a perjury investigation is an absolute lost cause with near zero chance of any indictment and near impossible to prove. People have said MUCH more "untrue" things to congress than a 3/30,000 email recollection and not got indicted. It would be like prosecuting someone for inaccurately recalling what they ate for breakfast on Dec 4th 2010.

Not necessarily. That's why I found Gowdy's questioning so interesting. He discussed using 'false exculpatory statements' to prove intent.

Now he was talking, of course, about using those false statements to show intent to illegally handle classified info. But as I heard his explanation, I understood that they could possibly be used to show intent to perjure herself in front of Congress, too.

I did not see that covered in the hotair link posted earlier.

Here is Gowdy's questioning, again:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Lying is not a serious issue.

Obviously it isn't for you.
I teach my children something different.

You teach your children that politicians tell the truth?

That seems to be a disservice.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join