It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No he's my poker buddy. Get it right!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Waste your own money on ludicrous fantasies ... leave the public money alone.

Exactly, we have far too much government waste without dumping money into some private sector, religious masturbatory fantasy.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Only to chime in for a second, the OP's argument is based on fact.

It is a fact that this ridiculous structure was built to propagate religious belief (and for many of us, delusion.)

It is a fact that this monstrosity in KY was partially funded with public funds.

It is a fact that is very likely a violation of the First Amendment.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Waste your own money on ludicrous fantasies ... leave the public money alone.

Exactly, we have far too much government waste without dumping money into some private sector, religious masturbatory fantasy.

We agree.

I'm not sure how this isn't an egregious violation of the First Amendment, actually.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

It is a fact that is very likely a violation of the First Amendment.

I will take it further and say it is a complete violation of the First Amendment as it utilized public funds.

Can I start the Religion of Single Maltism and make all you potato heads pay for my spiritual needs which are Balvenie 40 year in copious amounts so I can deal with all the other religions?

(Please say yes)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm pretty certain that I can piece together a few old pagan beliefs that might score me some hookers on the government dime.

Good point AM ... I'm going to have to give this some thought!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well the First Amendment isn't exactly sacred in this country. Remember Scientology basically bullied the IRS into giving them tax exempt status despite them being an obvious con on rich, dumb people.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I see my religion combining with your religion at some point in an all nighter.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well the First Amendment isn't exactly sacred in this country. Remember Scientology basically bullied the IRS into giving them tax exempt status despite them being an obvious con on rich, dumb people.

Which still galls me but I think those scumbags days are numbered too. The level of exposure to their bulls*** is only going up and I think it is a matter of time until they lose that status.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I hope so. The number of conspiracy theories surrounding them could have its own forum on ATS. Many are true too...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The weasel pricks would probably try to sue Bill if we had a dedicated forum.

edit on 8-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I may have replied to the wrong poster, but here is the context for my question. How does something come from nothing if no one believes it?

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Raggedyman

No one believes that.

Pick up a book on physics written after 1941. Turn to the chapter titled: "Inflation."

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
How does something come from nothing if no one believes it?

Who said something came from nothing?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I may have replied to the wrong poster, but here is the context for my question. How does something come from nothing if no one believes it?

No one says something comes from nothing except people who don't attempt to understand science properly before trying to ridicule it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Youve become too pessimistic thanks to ATS, I'm asking a question to understand, not ridicule it

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How does something come from nothing if no one believes it?

Who said something came from nothing?

0zzymand0s reply to Raggedyman, just look at the hotlinks to the references posts above

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Youve become too pessimistic thanks to ATS, I'm asking a question to understand, not ridicule it

There is no understanding. It isn't a real scientific position. It's just a silly way to try to discredit scientific notions without attempting to seriously think about them.

That's like stating that grass is purple then trying to hold an argument about what makes it purple. There is no where to go, because that isn't a real concept.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

0zzymand0s reply to Raggedyman, just look at the hotlinks to the references posts above

0zzy was not saying something came from nothing, he actually said no one believes that. It is only the religious utters that make that statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

There is no scientific hypothesis or theory positing that something came from nothing. In fact, the Big Bang makes no claim whatsoever of what came before it. For this reason, I prefer to call it the "Expanding Universe Theory," or even better, "The Expanding Universe Model," because even the word "theory" creates all sorts of confusion for people unversed in science.

Furthermore, any notion that the universe came from nothing would certainly be untestable and unfalsifiable. Erego, by the standard definition, these would not even qualify as science.

In other words, even if something did come from nothing, science would have nothing to say about it, as such a process could yield no empirical evidence.

So where did people get the idea that scientists claim something came from nothing? Good question. I think others in this thread have mentioned the fact that this argument is most often offered by people who do not understand science and are attempting to place science and religion on the same faith-based level.

There are a few other ways this notion could have come about, but I hesitate to bring them up since it's doubtful the people waging these arguments are even aware, but you could do some research on brane theory or quantum foam if you're interested. Neither notion qualifies as vetted science (these are vaguely scientific musings, akin to science fiction), and neither posits that something came from nothing, but I can see how someone might be confused if they're not really paying attention or are unfamiliar with science.

edit on 8-7-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The land of the poorly educated - otherwise known as, 'Trump Country".

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join