It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Noah’s Ark Attraction In Kentucky Features Caged Dinosaurs

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

This is a huge strawman. No one said that the universe came from nothing except Creationists trying to ridicule scientific concepts they don't fully understand.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

True, but it would be nice for people to recognize how dangerous this is to knowledge and start speaking out against it more instead of celebrating when some new yahoo continues to do it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This is a huge strawman.

Did the strawwoman eventually come from a rib of the strawman.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Mate, i personally think the Human species is one of the stupidest species to have the blind nerve to call itself intelligent...there are billions who subscribe to such things...there's not much hope for us.

One more yahoo in the mix isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to anyone or anything.

edit on 8 7 2016 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

True, but it would be nice for people to recognize how dangerous this is to knowledge and start speaking out against it more instead of celebrating when some new yahoo continues to do it.

I personally do not have an issue if someone wants to be a wasteful ignoramus and drop $100million on a giant wooden folly from a fictitious story. My issue is that Ken Intellectually Hamstrung and his group of religious wackadoodles used public monies. That is not cool.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Humans aren't dumb. The way our brains process information is just flawed. Blame god if you want (really its because evolution is so haphazard), but our brains regularly lie to us and tend to believe things reinforced into our heads whether they are correct or not. No naturally evolving species could have intelligence that worked like a computer. This is why we need computers to do our heavy thinking for us.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah. Plus the state is currently backing them up.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The case needs to go to a higher court. I think it starts a very bad precedent.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Humans aren't dumb. The way our brains process information is just flawed. Blame god if you want (really its because evolution is so haphazard), but our brains regularly lie to us and tend to believe things reinforced into our heads whether they are correct or not. No naturally evolving species could have intelligence that worked like a computer. This is why we need computers to do our heavy thinking for us.

I'm not talking about intellectual ability, i'm talking about deliberate stupidity and the fostering of that same ignorance down the generational line..it's been going on for centuries / millennia and doesn't look like it's going to cease any time soon.

Most people think our species will be destroyed by an asteroid, a random viral mutation, climatic shift, super volcanoes or other natural cataclysms...it probably won't be. It will be the nutjobs, seemingly intelligent - possessing high I.Q's and with access to resources, who will deliberately destroy our species, because they believe that is what their imaginary creator wants them to do.

This, i fear is the inevitible conclusion to religious fundamentalism, of one brand or another.

edit on 8 7 2016 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The case needs to go to a higher court. I think it starts a very bad precedent.

I agree. It's only a matter of time. This attraction has been in the news for a while now. You can bet it will be just a matter of time until a higher court overseas this. Either the initial lawsuit will be appealed (if it hasn't already) or a new one will makes it way up there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
I'm not talking about intellectual ability, i'm talking about deliberate stupidity and the fostering of that same ignorance down the generational line..it's been going on for centuries / millennia and doesn't look like it's going to cease any time soon.

Yes. It is a sad fact that unscrupulous people have exploited the brain's weaknesses for quite some time now...

Most people think our species will be destroyed by an asteroid, a random viral mutation, climatic shift, super volcanoes or other natural cataclysms...it probably won't be. It will be the nutjobs, seemingly intelligent - possessing high I.Q's and with access to resources, who will deliberately destroy our species, because they believe that is what their imaginary creator wants them to do.

Yeah I free regressionary thinking myself. Our world has advanced too far technologically for us to regress back to the stone ages.

This, i fear is the inevitible conclusion to religious fundamentalism, of one brand or another.

I'm an optimist in this regard. I see the rising amount of atheists in the world and it gives me hope that reason will eventually win out.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: Metallicus

Sorry, but affronts to knowledge and science aren't something to be admired. I don't care how "exciting" it is for you guys in that region of the world. Maybe aspire to better things? This is setting the bar extremely low.

Again, life from nothing, space dust and space water, tee hee
A Big Bang from nothing, and everything, the whole chemical elemental scale, poof, from nothing

Your religion takes more faith than mine dear ks

Science, yeah right, go brainwash a child with that nonsense

The Big Bang makes no assertions about what existed before it. In fact, any current hypothesis about what came BEFORE the big bang hardly even qualifies as science (as it is neither falsifiable nor testable).

We have observational proof that all the elements in the universe except for hydrogen (and possibly a small amount of helium) were created via the process of stellar fusion. This is an ongoing process, observable today.

Evolution makes no claims regarding abiogenesis, although it certainly has been well established via empirical evidence that speciation occured via evolution and complex animals were not created from thin air.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Sorry, but affronts to knowledge and science aren't something to be admired. I don't care how "exciting" it is for you guys in that region of the world. Maybe aspire to better things? This is setting the bar extremely low.

A Big Bang from nothing, and everything, the whole chemical elemental scale, poof, from nothing

The Big Bang makes no assertions about what existed before it. In fact, any current hypothesis about what came BEFORE the big bang hardly even qualifies as science (as it is neither falsifiable nor testable).

We have observational proof that all the elements in the universe except for hydrogen (and possibly a small amount of helium) were created via the process of stellar fusion. This is an ongoing process, observable today.

Evolution makes no claims regarding abiogenesis, although it certainly has been well established via empirical evidence that speciation occured via evolution and complex animals were not created from thin air.

Yeah, so just believe it by faith not science
It's a religion and you can't dispute that, faith

Possibly proof, where, evidence is king, your word, just air, just talk
Science needs evidence, walk away, no run, run fast

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This is a huge strawman. No one said that the universe came from nothing except Creationists trying to ridicule scientific concepts they don't fully understand.

Hmm
You have nothing but a suggestion I make a strawman

You ridicule yourself by offering nothing but a baseless, ignorant argument based on nothing but a strawman attack with no science, no science, no scienc but faith

you have offered nothing to counter my argument but calling my argument a strawman, your argument is nothing equals everything, it's nothing, nothing isn't even a strawman, you have offered nothing

Of course you have, you have nothing to offer, I have shown you that before and you are smart enough to not offer an argument now
At least you have learned your argument is baseless

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yeah, so just believe it by faith not science
It's a religion and you can't dispute that, faith

Possibly proof, where, evidence is king, your word, just air, just talk
Science needs evidence, walk away, no run, run fast

What are you talking about? Did you even read what I wrote?

edit on 8-7-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Did you even read what I wrote?

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Did you even read what I wrote?

What do you think?

Probably not. If he did, he sure didn't understand it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Rant and rave all you want, but the at the end of the day no one is making the claims you are saying they are. Thus it is a strawman. Also, how about getting a quality response first before complaining about my lack of response to you? Even this post I'm responding to is low quality. I'm also not going to entertain strawman ideas you ask me. If you say the universe came from nothing, then we have nothing to discuss because that is a stupid argument made by no one. So there is no point in addressing it. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I personally do not have an issue if someone wants to be a wasteful ignoramus and drop $100million on a giant wooden folly from a fictitious story. My issue is that Ken Intellectually Hamstrung and his group of religious wackadoodles used public monies. That is not cool.

This along with the OP is right on target.

Waste your own money on ludicrous fantasies ... leave the public money alone.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Probably not. If he did, he sure didn't understand it.

This is Satan (Krazysh0t) at work.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join