It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After dark ... And Nobody Left The Lights On For Me :(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I hesitate to post and ask this, but I am having trouble here.

I am having trouble at night loading pages here at night.

Three days in a row so far.

I do almost all of my browsing late at night here, but lately the page load latency, especially on thread view, causes timeouts. Reloads help, but it is painfully slow.

I know it isnt my connection at 4G, as my site and the rest of the web are snappy fast.

It is consistant. But somewhere around morning, everything picks up back to normal.

Either a heads up or a question, or just fyi.

But maybe Bill has to know.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

edit on 0720160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

a few people have been having issues with 10 minute page loads but only on ATS whereas any other website is a split second load time.

started for me well.. things started a year ago for me but this new infinity page load time with no timeouts started after I said some interesting things.

this was im guessing about a month ago or maybe it was more..

For me it was IP address specific.. as in I rerouted my IP (proxy, VPN) and bam instant page loads again..

that was on my iphone.. Then my computer was hacked so bad it took me 8 hours to get my computer to recognize an ip from even my router... ugh so I went back to re routing over my phone.. Then I fixed my computer.. And now I switched back to no reouting IP address on phone and its ok now but sometimes it tries to go back to not working..

at least 5 people have bruoght this up and one of them was saying similar things as me before there ATS connection went to hell so I'm keeping an eye on that if there is a pattern. not saying there is but the timing for me was very suspect.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I don't think that's how this works.

What are you trying to insinuate? That you shared some knowledge on ATS and now you get a slow ATS connection?

Then my computer was hacked so bad it took me 8 hours to get my computer to recognize an ip from even my router

How did you resolve that?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Are you telling me how MY life works? As I said it's IP address specific.. It's not account specific or browser specific or ISP specific..

THe issue with the computer was DHCP not being able to be enabled though it was obviously enabled a second before as I was on the internet. Enabling it was a chore and a half... one thing after the other...

Let me take you back to oh last year april my computer was hacked.. Then my facebook was hacked in connection with some girl on ATS.. she claims it was her ex who hacked..

I got a lot of death threats back then and I almost went to the FBI.

I worked for both the Army and DHS and at the time was staying with my uncle who has top civilian clearance..

Anyway.... I didn't connect all that to these recent happenings as I noticed an odder pattern.

helpful?

I'm not saying it's not some new ATS bug..

I'm saying I'm looking into it.

Smirkleys post history does not denote the same pattern in any meaningful way except maybe his elon musk post about AI.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Lol,,.. I cant imagine it was something I said.

I certainly am not that interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If you're having issues with your computer you might want to consider buying a new motherboard, formatting your harddrive and installing an OS fresh.

Also create a new ATS account.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

ATS mods have not commented on any of these topics describing the same symptoms so who knows?

it's not like ATS doesn't have a history of coding issues.

and its not like ATS doesn't have a history of being hacked..

but seriously try using VPN on your phone just a free app..

tell me if that works?

my stuff is wacko hacked.. out of this world.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

True. But I'd still go with my suggestion to be on the safe side.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Again, it is not my system nor my connection. And no, I wont be coming here through any vpn or such. I just direct connect through the ol st
Nstandard way. It seems proper imo.
Just thought I would drop this in as a bug report or something such.

It isnt really a big deal. But it would be easier to surf during the night owl hours.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

well I told you how to have one second page loads again..

trust me I know it's not your system or connection..

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Lol, yes I am a Tesla and Elon Musk fanboy. I dont need to hide it.

Dont really know what all other you guys are suggesting. I dont think those apply to me. But it sounds interesting,.... for another day.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Lol, yes I am a Tesla and Elon Musk fanboy. I dont need to hide it.

Dont really know what all other you guys are suggesting. I dont think those apply to me. But it sounds interesting,.... for another day.

No one is suggesting anything.

There is a time that is coming though, that when what you thought was innocent and free will become outlawed. Think on that real hard. Nothing sinister about it, except about what is happening.

You thought you had freedom to express yourself and your ideas imagining that you had the freedom of religion? That can turn on a dime, overnight. And then what you once thought was freedom is outlawed, and your moral rights will be abridged and taken away.

It will happen. You will live to see it too.

edit on 7-7-2016 by PeterHawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Smirkley goes to coventry.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes

it's already happening because people like me are scared to talk....

and to be clear I am no one special.

Just someone caught up in the world..

OP doesn't realize I wasn't trying to make him hide or do some workaround that I just told him point blank how to solve his issue forever.. I use my phone VPN only for ATS as it's the only site affected. it turns off and on almost instantly..

whatever..

minor annoyances are a good way to get posters to stop coming to websites without raising many eyebrows.

who wins an information war?
well whoever does wins it all.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

but seriously try using VPN
Yes, i use a desktop computer to connect to ATS and it will NOT connect when "Hotspot shield" is connected. The moment i disconnect the VPN, bingo it's all good again....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join