It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies...a question for you (??)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Why is it that the orientation of the Toilet Paper on the roll lacks importance to you? Does it not bother you (too) to have to scratch the wall repeatedly to grab the tissue when the roll is on 'backwards'? Does it not bother you to have to make several attempts to grab even the smallest of fragments? Is it not easier to grab, and unroll, the oh-so-helpful tissue when it is oriented over the top of the roll to the front?

I am a woman, and I agree with your idea, of the orientation of the tp roll. Even if I'm visiting, and the roll is on backwards, I will change (fix) it.

At home though, my roll hides itself near the toilet, in a large plastic coffee container. I have large puppies that will steal it and eat it if its visible....
edit on 5-7-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Doesn't it make you crazy to have to grumble, stand up (with your pants (or pantaloons or whatever you gals wear) around your ankles), turn around and stand there with your butt hanging out to fix the dang roll to even use it????? Surely this must be source of great irritation to you, as it is to us!

Wait, I just saw this. Where the heck is your roll holder? You can't just reach it from where you are sitting? Sounds like a bad bathroom design to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

...leaving it for me to install it properly. Guess he can't do two things at once. Is that a guy thing?

Heh, heh...two things at once, huh? Guys are doin' about six things at once in there! First of all, gotta make sure all the equipment is pointed in the proper direction, while at the same time scanning for the latest edition of Sports Illustrated or whatever catalog has the best sporting gear in it, undoing belts, etc., while checking email, and thinking about stuff...and...and..several other things I can't remember right now, but they're real!

Heck, all the gals have to do is sit down. The guy part is HARD I tell ya! "Can't do two things at once..." SHEESH!!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It's right next to the toilet, I mean right next to it...like practically behind me next to it. Contorting my body around in that manner is a nearly certain way to have a malfunction of some sort! Malfunctions in this part of the house are problematic.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm gonna check back later just to see how many get that.
I do -

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

That IS a bad design. It should be right next to YOU, not next to the toilet. I have three bathrooms, and the roll holder is either to my right or to my left while I am sitting.... and I'm kinda getting grossed out talking about this.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

As sort of a follow-up...in many respects this age old question is kind of like the buttered toast question. The buttered toast will always fall buttered side down, right? So to is the case of gals installing the TP on the roll, 999 times out of 1,000 it will be backwards if installed by the fairer gender. It's like this important little nugget just did not get programmed onto your firmware at birth. Heck, I've even been known to utter words like "YAY!!!" in those rare moments when the TP is installed correctly!

Now granted, replacing the TP is not a man or a woman's job exclusively...but in all fairness, us guys, we get it right!

Sorry, but it's true!

You have almost got it. She is conditioning you to celebrate your small victories in life so whenever she senses you emotionally stressed, she can throw you a small bone and make everything in your world nice for a time. it's kind of a mean trick when you realize that all the mean stuff is intentional as well, but since men are driven by the very basics in life (beer and the will to see someone naked) we are at a slight disadvantage.

short version-celebrate your victories as if you just won a 30 year bloody war. It's what she wanted in the first place.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I actually made a "research" about which side was best and I calculated thousands of opinions which stated why they prefer it one way or the other.

Turns out, there we're more logical reasons to put it under than over.

The most common reason of people putting it "over" was because they felt it looked better, not joking.
People putting it under had in general more logical reasons for doing it.

So it's not a women thing, it's actually a smart thing. :p

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
There isn't a wrong or right way to put the roll. It's all which ever way rolls the easiest and tears the easiest. In my house a new roll if put with the end on top... tears off square by square which is annoying until about an eighth of it is gone and you cant tear it off where you want to with one hand no matter what size the roll is. Placed the opposite way you can always take as much as you want and tear it off where you want with one hand.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

It would be you to say this!!!! It's a true conspiracy. This goes way beyond the left right paradigm. You are the anti-poster. (much worse than any other 'anti' I can think of)

there is only one way for the TP to be on the roll. Gravity is involved.

If you question this, go to a nice hotel. Notice the TP roll. Notice how it's folded into a nice point so as to be ready for it's journey down helped by gravity.

If I have a guardian angel looking over me, you are the antithesis to that.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The real question is when you suddenly notice this what do you do

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Debate settled.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

...leaving it for me to install it properly. Guess he can't do two things at once. Is that a guy thing?

Heh, heh...two things at once, huh? Guys are doin' about six things at once in there! First of all, gotta make sure all the equipment is pointed in the proper direction, while at the same time scanning for the latest edition of Sports Illustrated or whatever catalog has the best sporting gear in it, undoing belts, etc., while checking email, and thinking about stuff...and...and..several other things I can't remember right now, but they're real!

Heck, all the gals have to do is sit down. The guy part is HARD I tell ya! "Can't do two things at once..." SHEESH!!

"JUST" sit down you say????!!!!!

Au contraire!
No woman EVER has been able to "just sit down" without anyone and EVERYONE in the household taking this as the universal signal for "it's time for a crisis"!

Lost items need found RIGHT NOW.
Questions such as "which top looks better?" and they HAVE to come in to show you.
Menu questions become suddenly crucial " what do you want for dinner?"
Every animal wakes up on cue and without several deadbolts, WILL come in to the bathroom for a "visit"
Same with small children.

Don't believe I have been able to pee in solitude since 1978.

YOU GET READING TIME??????? ALONE?????!!!!

Seriously, you're just making this up, right???

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

so .......you don't want company?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
OP uses toilet paper wrong. It hangs from the back. Otherwise spiders hide in it and you don't want a red back up the jacksie!!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Well, I ain't a lady, but my opinion is : As long as it's there, I don't care which way it rolls. I'd guess the worst part of TP, is sitting down, doing your business and then realizing you've failed to notice the roller is empty.
Time to do the duck walk over to the cabinet.

No it has to be the right way or else a toilet fairy dies.

No arguments.

edit on 5-7-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Guess my firmware got installed improperly because I'm female and I'm with ya! Irks me to no end when visitors to my home go intomy bathroom and put the paper on backwards. In the guest bathroom, I don't care but when they come into my bathroom and change things about----I have to wonder---who taught them manners?
I do the very best I can to avoid anyone ever having to search for more at the end of the roll so I always have a spare roll located in a small basket on the floor under the holder. The empty roll goes into the basket (the local pre-schools collect them for craft projects) when the new roll is put on. Thoughtful people will even replace the extra roll from the cabinet when they use the last one.
And just so you know, the "toilet seat down" thing must be learned from childhood I think. I'm eternally grateful for my mother-in-law instilling this habit in my Beloved.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I loved your post!

How true it is. Also, this applies to any time a woman is in the shower/bath.

Twice in recent memory I was allowed some solitude in the bath and shower.

My daughters like to discuss issues they may be having at those exact moments.

I think because they've 'got me cornered'.

As for the toilet paper, I vote on top/over always. If I am somewhere and it is on the holder backwards (wrong) I will fix it.

I wonder if that annoys folks who prefer it the other way, me fixing it for them? No one's ever told me to stop.

edit on 5-7-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

YOU GET READING TIME??????? ALONE?????!!!!

Seriously, you're just making this up, right???

Uhhh, well, it never seems to work out that way. Better than even money goes to the phone ringing, or someone knocking on the front door, or the dogs going crazy like the Boogey Man just crashed into the house. That kind of stuff.

It's at least a thought though...reading...in peace.

ETA...As a matter of fact I think I still have the June '78 issue of Sports Illustrated with that article I've been meaning to read.

Still, I take strong exception to men not being able to multi-task! Okay, well no, I cannot watch TV and listen to my wife at the same time...I'll readily admit that, but ummmm, I CAN drink beer and watch the game at the same time! So there's that.

edit on 7/5/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

what are you , new? when watching the game or anything on TV, and the wife starts to talk to you, nod often, look at her and nod, and when you assume she is finished with whatever it was she felt was that damn important, you say "absolutely, I agree." then back to the game. She will remind you of whatever it is you agreed to in plenty of time for you to get it done. Just don't act too surprised when she asks if you were not paying attention, act shocked that she would even insinuate such a thing. (then you can play the sympathy card) If you can muster up a hurt look on your face, you may even get "I'm sorry sex", which in no way beats make up sex, but as with beer, I've never had a bad one, just some I like more than others.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As a single gal, living alone, I go through so much toilet paper, I usually don't bother to place it in the holder. The roll's going to be gone in a few days anyway. But I DO make sure there's always backup toilet paper in cabinets you can reach while sitting down in every bathroom, and garbage cans in every bathroom, too. (Single guys take note of that. If there's no garbage can in your bathroom I will secretly wonder if you are a misogynist).

When I do put the roll in the holder, it's "the hotel way" like the OP (although I may or may not be guilty of the "I hate you" move....) Partly because it seems traditional, partly because my aunt and my grandpa were in a heated toilet paper war for many years and I side with my aunt cuz grandpa was an asshole. Note the guy was in the backwards camp and the girl was in the frontwards camp. Due to that war, and its obvious consequences (literally everybody now knew the secret weakness of both aunt and grandpa) I actually don't care that much about the toilet paper. The upside is if someone changes it, I honestly don't care. The roll's gonna be gone in a few days anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join