It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are Some Sad People In Brussels.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
He is right.

If the eu does collapse as some idiots would like to see happen, the UK will be in even bigger trouble.

Did world trade, agreements and commerce begin with the EU? I seem to recall the world did just fine without it.

So sorry that your 'comfort zone' may be a tad rattled by the desire of self-determination by the rest of us.....

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Don't worry, he is only in his current position because of cronyism and his respectability and possibly, his good looks. He studied history, worked for Unilever in the H.R. department and knows absolutely nothing about anything he talks about.

I live in Holland.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Tbh if junkier hadn't of slammed the door on any more negotiations or just kept his gob shut a day or 2 before the referendum , we would still be in the EU

Glad he did open his gob!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Just cowards who don't believe in their country.
It will be challenging of course but things will fall into place because they have to.
Even the money markets have settled down again, talk of cuts in borrowing interest rates, slashing business rates to further encourage companies to stay here.
German businesses are all over Merkel's arse to force her to accept a mutually beneficial deal with the UK...the sky is not, and will not be falling anytime soon.

Even the whining that financial services are not covered in a free trade agreement is just lame fear mongering, I watched an interview with a senior Lloyd's of London executive last night and she said they'll just get round it and do it the old fashioned way by opening up branches in EU nation states. They are already planning it just in case.

It almost seems the Remain voters desperately wish it will all go tits up...unlucky for them I guess.
Britain will survive and prosper outside of the EU for sure, it will just take a bit of transitional time.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I echo that sentiment.

Theresa May must never be allowed to become Prime Minister. She is a carbon copy of the arch cow, Mrs Thatcher, and frankly, we need a repeat of that nonsense about as much as we need to be in the EU.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh I fear she is even more uncaring than Thatcher.
How she can play with people by refusing to give assurances that EU nationals will not be kicked out I can't imagine. At least the other motley contenders have all come out and agreed nobody will be ejected.
The 'negotiation' argument is lame, a simple "we won't kick your settled people out if you don't kick ours out" is all that is needed.
This ain't 1940's Germany anymore, it will never happen.

Some EU friends of mine have been really worried until all us Brits in our social circles assured them it ain't gonna happen.
Never mind violent resistance, we all agree we'll even marry our EU mates or enter into civil partnerships if it comes to it just to say # you to any government who has such ideas.
Evil witch, wake up call, this ain't the world where people believe everything from the BBC anymore, and we outnumber your bad boys who have sticks and tazers.

*Edit*
My area voted nearly 64% Leave, but we will protect our EU friends...vociferously and with passion.
The slur that Leave voters are xenophobic/bigoted/racist is absolutely wrong for the majority of people, it is just that, a slur, to distract from genuine political reasoning and discussion. Lame.
edit on 5.7.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I admire your tenacity grainofsand.

Your friends are lucky to count you amongst their social circle!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I am lucky to be in the social circles I am

I think most of us Brits are the same though, god help Theresa May if she actually tries to use threats against our EU mates...the poll tax riots will seem like a tea party in comparison.
I imagine you and your social circles will have similar sentiments.
The old witch will be in for a shock.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Sorry for straying off topic fella, just the whole debate covers so much of all of our lives.

On-topic, screw the leaders in the EU who are #ting it at the thought that we actually will be leaving on reasonably beneficial terms.
The Dutch guy's comments are just clutching at straws because they haven't a clue what else to do now. Businesses will effectively force government to deal with us and they know it.

The future is bright...the future is British

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm not in the UK and I wish all the very best for the peoples of the UK.

That said, I watch the news, political, current and particularly economic and business and from everything I'm seeing, the statement " "That country now has collapsed - politically, economically, monetarily and constitutionally, and you will have years ahead of you to get out of this mess." is total ...................bunk, or perhaps a good good Brit would say, total.....bollux?

I don't know what bollux is, but if its BS its spot on. From what I'm seeing in the news, the British economy is quite strong, but more importantly, its quite resilient and holding up quite well. The political system hasn't collapsed, its just in transition and its transitioning per the usual British manner of "muddling through", which is pretty good really.

The truth of this is that the UK or Great Britain will probably come out of this better off in 3 years than the EU will. If you don't believe that..........take a look at what Mario Draghi is doing with the European Central Bank! The EU is a house of cards, or...........debt.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

lol it's bollocks and if you are male you have 2 dangling between your legs

edit to add: on topic - I don't know why we can't just offer free trade agreements to all countries that want one as long as they offer the same back. (well i do - the elite need their extra free cash from everywhere they can scam it)
edit on 5-7-2016 by johnb because: .

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: TonyS

lol it's bollocks and if you are male you have 2 dangling between your legs

Lol, and 'bollocks' in the sense of BS is absolutely correct.
The Dutch guy was talking bollocks

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Indeed.
The sky won't be falling any time soon, no matter how much other EU nations may wish it for us.
I couldn't give a # though, I expected challenges when I voted leave, known and unknown, and if we face them then so be it.
I prefer to face those challenges as a sovereign nation though so assuming we actually do leave the EU in time I say bring it on.
I have faith in our nation and our people...fear, meh, I'll leave that for those who do not believe in our nation.

Oh, and Theresa May, # you if you become Prime Minister, you will NOT be kicking any of my EU mates out and you know it.
All my mates will protest and riot, we will hide them, we will fight any immigration snatch squads, you WILL lose because there are millions of us and only few of you with sticks and tazers...it ain't happening. Give the bull# fearmongering up you soulless witch.

I don't want to call you out for being stupid because................... well, that would be rude, but what ALL the nominees would be saying if they weren't trying to be populist is that EU nationals in this country are here at our agreement AND reciprocal agreements need to be made to cover UK nationals who currently live/work in the wider EU as part of agreements once we have officially stated we are leaving.

It's not that hard to understand, is it? Why don't you grow up? You won the referendum backed up with fudge all in the way of detail or this wouldn't even be being discussed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Stupid, grow up?

Which parts of my post indicate a lack of intelligence or immaturity?
It was a pretty reasoned statement of my opinions and intentions.

Do you have some particular issues with my comments emotionally?
Perhaps break it up and pick my specific lines to pieces if you disagree...your blanket statement about what you think about my post does not help facilitate reasoned discussion.

*Edit*
Would I be correct in assuming that my declarations of support to my EU friends contradicts your particular narrative of the average Leave voter?

edit on 5.7.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Stupid, grow up?

Which parts of my post indicate a lack of intelligence or immaturity?
It was a pretty reasoned statement of my opinions and intentions.

Do you have some particular issues with my comments emotionally?
Perhaps break it up and pick my specific lines to pieces if you disagree...your blanket statement about what you think about my post does not help facilitate reasoned discussion.

*Edit*
Would I be correct in assuming that my declarations of support to my EU friends contradicts your particular narrative of the average Leave voter?

To your last point, I guess yes and no, the threats of violence if you don't get what you want, the fact you don't seem to understand that before a promise can be given it needs to be measured against what should be agreed to stand against it (similar rights for UK nationals within the wider EU) etc.

Comments such as "All my mates will protest and riot, we will hide them, we will fight any immigration snatch squads, you WILL lose because there are millions of us and only few of you with sticks and tazers...it ain't happening. Give the bull# fearmongering up you soulless witch." Don't facilitate reasoned discussion, it's knee jerk reaction. Tell that to the people saying EU nationals working here should pack their bags - I'm not one of them.

I know not all Brexit campaigners are xenophobic, I don't have any particular narrative of an average leave voter apart from the average leave voter preferred soundbites to facts.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Maybe that is what the Elites want? To have every nation in the EU to collapse, and have America to follow in their plot for a NWO?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

but what ALL the nominees would be saying if they weren't trying to be populist is that EU nationals in this country are here at our agreement AND reciprocal agreements need to be made to cover UK nationals who currently live/work in the wider EU as part of agreements once we have officially stated we are leaving.

I disagree.
Andrea Leadsom had it right when she said that there will be no using people as bargaining chips.

No matter what some people like to think about us, we are British and bloody better than that.
If it ever does come down to deporting people you can find me lying in the road blocking the trucks along with all the crusty nutters I usually have no time for.

This was about freedom and democracy and we absolutely cannot let our first steps on that road be mired in the filth of threatening people who live among us with deportation.
edit on 13pTue, 05 Jul 2016 12:38:13 -050020162016-07-05T12:38:13-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 57pTue, 05 Jul 2016 12:38:57 -050020162016-07-05T12:38:57-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 15pTue, 05 Jul 2016 12:40:15 -050020162016-07-05T12:40:15-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Maybe that is what the Elites want? To have every nation in the EU to collapse, and have America to follow in their plot for a NWO?

Boring and predictable, but you win a bonus by trying to make something that has nothing to America into something that has to do with America.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

but what ALL the nominees would be saying if they weren't trying to be populist is that EU nationals in this country are here at our agreement AND reciprocal agreements need to be made to cover UK nationals who currently live/work in the wider EU as part of agreements once we have officially stated we are leaving.

I disagree.
Andrea Leadsom had it right when she said that there will be no using people as bargaining chips.

No matter what some people like to think about us, we are British and bloody better than that.
If it ever does come down to deporting people you can find me lying in the road blocking the trucks along with all the crusty nutters I usually have no time for.

This was about freedom and democracy and we absolutely cannot let our first steps on that road be mired in the filth of threatening people who live among us with deportation.

Dear me, do any of you actually listen? All the nominees have said that EU nationals currently in this country should be allowed that right, but that continued right should be balanced in negotiation for UK nationals working and living in the wider EU to have a similar right....................... it's really not that hard is it? Jesus, I really do blame some people for fostering a contempt of anyone foreign for creating the atmosphere that means this is even being discussed.

Whether you like it or not, whether you choose to believe it or not, a lot of people voted to leave because they want non UK people out of the country. I find that as sad as you do but if I walk outside my house and throw a stone in any direction the chances are it will hit a house where that was there reasoning. Don't believe me? That's your choice but on the day after the vote they all went to one of my neighbours and made it clear what they thought.

Word to the wise, if you have to add the proviso 'but' after the comment 'I'm not racist', then let's face it, you probably are.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

the threats of violence if you don't get what you want

What spin are you trying to put on my words?
I am clear, if immigration snatch squads started rounding up my EU mates then me and my Brit mates will resist.
Wouldn't you?
Would you just sit back and watch?

No take your spin with you. Lame as misinterpretation of my comments...you are clearly a slippery one.

...just bitter from losing the Leave vote, at least I have pinned my flag on the mast, I will defend my EU mates while you just whinge about 'threats of violence' cool, sit back and watch if ever things like that start to happen. I won't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join