It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Bush Won't Rule Out Military Action Against Iran Over Nukes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
U.S. President Bush refused to rule out the military option against Iran if the country was not more forthcoming abut its nuclear program. He further indicated that while he hopes that we can come to a diplomatic solution, all options remain on the table for consideration. The comments come on the heels of recent revelations that the U.S. has been actively engaged in espionage to discover the intent and scope of the Iranian nuclear program.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush said on Monday he would not rule out military action against Iran if that country was not more forthcoming about its suspected nuclear weapons program.

"I hope we can solve it diplomatically, but I will never take any option off the table," Bush said in an interview with NBC News when asked if he would rule out the potential for military action against Iran "if it continues to stonewall the international community about the existence of its nuclear weapons program."

Iran denies it has been trying to make nuclear weapons and says its nuclear program is geared solely to producing electricity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its an interesting double standard we have hear. Israel has nuclear weapons, where is the hue and cry about its program , also developed in secret? AT any rate, it highlights the differences between Iran and North Korea. Crazy Kim get the kids gloves because no doubt he has nuclear devices ready to go. However, Iran may not as of yet hence the saber rattling and the hard line. This alone may be the best confirmation of both countries nuclear status.

[edit on 1/17/05 by FredT]

[edit on 1/17/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
America has always tried to prevent nations from obtaining nukes. There's just no much you can do after a nation gets them. That's what happened with Korth Korea, India, Pakistan etc.

We can't say anything to Israel at this point.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No American president will ever, at least publicly, rule out any option -- including nuclear weapons. This statement doesn't really mean anything.

[edit on 1/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Our president is on a mission from God, he will attack Iran and then Syria, regardless of the consequences because he was re-elected and that is what American wants in his views.

So get ready for the ride.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Our president is on a mission from God, he will attack Iran and then Syria, regardless of the consequences because he was re-elected and that is what American wants in his views.

So get ready for the ride.

And you are in a mission from the devil Marg? Bashing everything that is done by the Republican administration. Or do you also feel that God is telling you you must warn everyone about the evils of the administration?

BTW, Christianity is not the only religion that has a prophecy about a last war. There are Muslim prophecies in which they are supposed to take over Rome, which would mean they will supposedly take over the world. Extremist Muslims are working overtime for these prophecies to come to pass, along with getting back all those lands that they conquered since the 7th century AD.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't believe in the devil unless you are talking about Bushy here.

But as the information of the views of bush for the world it seems that destabilizing the middle east and taking away the theocracy from the government and then pushing democracy and a better friendly god is what he wants.

That is his mission from God to the world. The messiah.

So are you ready for the NWO Muaddib.
Its coming you know.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
God I hope somebody disables Bush before he triggers a full nuke war or global recession or something. The man is dangerous, all the more so because he beleives hes Gods mighty right hand. Maybe a sniper will get lucky on the 20th or fate will intervene in the form of a fatal heart attack or stroke or something. He definatly has a major power trip going on.
what are the stats on confidence in the Bush admin in America? Obviously high since he got voted in.
Does America lack forsight?

No American president will ever, at least publicly, rule out any option -- including nuclear weapons. This statement doesn't really mean anything.

It did when he said it about iraq!

[edit on 103131p://260110 by instar]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The only Americans lacking foresight are the liberals. I'd argue that many Europeans happen to be lacking foresight, as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It did when he said it about iraq!

Hmm, I think telling Saddam point blank on TV that he was going to invade in 48 hours unless he left Iraq is a bit different than saying he's not taking any options off the table.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I don't believe in the devil unless you are talking about Bushy here.

But as the information of the views of bush for the world it seems that destabilizing the middle east and taking away the theocracy from the government and then pushing democracy and a better friendly god is what he wants.

That is his mission from God to the world. The messiah.

So are you ready for the NWO Muaddib.
Its coming you know.

Can you back your claim that Bush wants to make people in the Middle East Christians?......

What it all comes down to is.......Can you back your claim?.... can you also back the claim that Bush says he is the messiah?.....

Marg, you have done many claims and i have proven to you that at least some of those claims were not real....yet you literally, keep tripping on the same stones and you never seem to learn that you have to look down when walking....

Your problem is Marg, that you believe every claim that is made in the internet, you are not the only one thou.... There is a lot of trash in the internet, and we have had our share of made up conspiracy theories in these forums, where many of our members just believe without any facts to back these claims.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Muaddib you make many claims yourself with outdated data and blind believes and that is your choices so back off and got get somebody else to target obviously my post most be very addictive to you for you to look for them all the time and don't said I am lying because every single post you do is targeting my post.

So I guess I though you got mature but I see it was wishful thinking. bye my friend I guess you don't like Puertorricans.

Our president is a funy and he thinks himself God.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sooner or later the entire world will be threatened by nukes from Iran. Why is it that only the US is concerned enough to saber-rattle?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Sooner or later the entire world will be threatened by nukes from Iran. Why is it that only the US is concerned enough to saber-rattle?

Well that may be truth but also we have Israel nukes, Pakistan, India, Nk, Russia, and china.

Maybe US should put all the names in the hat and pull the lucky one to be target next.

I tell you none of these countries are stable under US standards but guess what no country including the US has done nothing to stop their nuclear advances.

Now We have bush and we have a mess in the middle east and he thinks that attacking middle east countries will help.

I think life is going to become very hard around the world in a few more months, if Bush attacks Iran, this are my feelings.

Occurs you have different views.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It always amazes me how much people doubt America's military. Invading Iran wouldn't devestate America. We wouldn't even see many effects, if any.

And America never allowed anyone to gain nukes. India, Pakistan, and Isreal did it in secret, and against America's wishes. We didn't really know for sure until after it was over. These governments aren't anywhere near as bad as Iran, either. North Korea developed its nukes in secret. America has been trying to stop it for a very long time.

There's NOTHING you can really do to a nation after they develop nukes (minus sanctions, which we've done to Pakistan and India). That is why we are tough on Iran now. We want to stop them before its too late.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Seems Dubya is hell-bent on hastening Armageddon and the 2nd coming.

What threat does Iran pose to the US???? None, in reality. If it poses a threat at all, it is a threat to the countries in that region of the world. I don't hear the Iranians threatening other countries. I don't hear the other countries in that region expressing fear of any threat from Iran, except perhaps Israel which is itself hell-bent on maintaining its position as the only nuclear power in the region.

The European nations are expressing no fear of or threat from Iran.

Why is the US so threatened by Persia? We are 8,000+ miles away. There is no direct threat. You can prognosticate all you want from your easy chair about whether Iran will pose a threat in the future. The truth is that it poses no threat to the US now. This pre-emptive strike bull# mentality is bordering on insane megalomania.

The only countries that are threatening others at the moment are the U.S., Israel, and North Korea. Keep this up and eventually a greater power is going to say its time to put those threats down. What Dubya is doing in the world is blurring the boundaries between nations, invading other nations on pretext, and in the big picture, it all does seem to fit in with a drive toward the NWO, doesn't it. Destroy national boundaries. Keep the real agenda hidden until there's no turning back. Pay no intention to the damage and death caused along the way. It's for a higher purpose after all.

You so-called conservatives or neo-cons or whatever else you like to call yourselves have lost all sense of reality. There is a practical limit to what the USA can do in the world. We're just about there. Stretch it thin enough and we will fall like a house of cards. There are other powers in the world with formidable weaponry. Pray to God they don't decide to join this insanity on the other side.

God help us all.

[edit on 1/17/2005 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Muaddib you make many claims yourself with outdated data and blind believes and that is your choices so back off and got get somebody else to target obviously my post most be very addictive to you for you to look for them all the time and don't said I am lying because every single post you do is targeting my post.

So I guess I though you got mature but I see it was wishful thinking. bye my friend I guess you don't like Puertorricans.

Our president is a funy and he thinks himself God.

No Marg, many times I have told you it is because of claims you keep making that you have no way to back. Perhaps you should stop making so many wild ridiculous statements. When you get something solid then I'll take your claims more seriously, in the meanwhile i will point, not only your wild claims but any claims that members have no way to back up.

BTW, if I do post any oudated data do point it out please. i would love to see if you can actually step off the powertrip you seem to be on bashing and blaming Republicans and the Republican administration only....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
God I hope somebody disables Bush before he triggers a full nuke war or global recession or something. The man is dangerous, all the more so because he beleives hes Gods mighty right hand. Maybe a sniper will get lucky on the 20th or fate will intervene in the form of a fatal heart attack or stroke or something. He definatly has a major power trip going on.
what are the stats on confidence in the Bush admin in America? Obviously high since he got voted in.
Does America lack forsight?

Amazing.... i second what Disturbed Deliverer said.

The only Americans lacking foresight are the liberals. I'd argue that many Europeans happen to be lacking foresight, as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
dubiousone

Amen to that I wonder sometimes how far is Bush going to push his savior of the middle east countries agenda.

And like you say for how long other superpowers in the world are going to sit and watch without intervention.

Unless they know that US and the wars in the middle east will eventually collapse our economy and then they will step into the picture.

Hard to tell what our president really wants, for now it seems like the down fall our nation.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Iran has the missile capability to reach Israel, Paris, London and some Russian cities. Tipped with nuclear warheads, this is a big threat. Obviously Israel would be the assumed major target and since the U.S. is a big supporter of Israel, we are involved. If it perceives a threat Israel itself may launch airstrikes against Iran's facilities.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
What threat does Iran pose to the US???? None, in reality. If it poses a threat at all, it is a threat to the countries in that region of the world. I don't hear the Iranians threatening other countries.

In that you are incorrect. The biggest threat to the United States is OIL. Period. With the House of Saud Ripe for a fall, you would have two countries with huge oil reserves hostile to the US. and forget about gettin oil from Kuait and Iraq out of the gulf.

This highlights the strategic importance of Iraq. A pipeline coul dbe built through Turkey to get its oil out in the short term.

Iran's threat is as you say not a direct one. Its the indirect one that caries the greater threat at any rate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join