It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Give In Exchange For Your Soul?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Well...I hope so, of course i have been a little bad, i hope God can look through that and accept me anyway.

I see my bad side as mistakes, learning trough the physical life, not deliberate bad, if God accept mistakes i should be good and enter his kingdom in the form of my soul and enjoy a eternal life.

On what basis can He accept us all who come to Him? I mean, if He is holy and righteous, on what basis can He declare us righteous without sacrificing His perfect standards?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

What was the price God paid to restore you back to a position that you could fellowship with Him even though we are sinners? You're right, your soul is priceless to God, so what was the price He paid for it?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Isn't the soul equal with eternal life, i mean i have been a good boy, so i will go to heaven in the form of my soul, and experience eternal life close to god, therefore i do not need to exchange it, unless i go evil and sell it to Satan, which i would never do.

Does being good save our souls? Can any of us be good enough? Think about this. God is holy and righteous, can any of us be good enough to bridge the gap to God?

No. We are not worthy but He loves us anyway.

Read 2 Samuel chapter 9. Do you see any similarities with David and God?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

See, i have meet a lot of ass holes who have done evil things to me, though i am very forgiving, so everyone has been forgiven .

I expect God to be equally forgiving, and accept the mistakes people do in this physical world, and non should be needed to exchange their soul for entering his kingdom or anything else.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

That's awesome you forgive so freely, that's something I can do better at.

God forgives us if we ask, but what I want to have you consider is on what basis does He justify us to Himself?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Isn't the soul equal with eternal life, i mean i have been a good boy, so i will go to heaven in the form of my soul, and experience eternal life close to god, therefore i do not need to exchange it, unless i go evil and sell it to Satan, which i would never do.

Does being good save our souls? Can any of us be good enough? Think about this. God is holy and righteous, can any of us be good enough to bridge the gap to God?

Understand the golden rule and promise to fix whatever you break? Even divine being can make mistakes when they have lack of information and make a bad simplification missing the mark. But divine beings when they see how wrong it went fix the problems they caused to restore the balance.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We are worth more than many sparrows. He bought us at the price of His only son Jesus Christ. We are made holy by the blood of the ultimate sacrificial lamb. Without him our righteousness is as filthy rags and we would all fall short of Gods glory. We are to store up our treasures in heaven not on earth. This is what Jesus meant by gaining the world but losing your soul. You can sell out to the Illuminati etc and gain vast amounts of material possessions because Satan is the father of this world. Jesus being tempted by Satan in the desert is a good example.
edit on 1-7-2016 by AquaAscending because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I have never prayed or even read the bible, though i respect God anyway as it might be i am doing something wrong in not believing fully in God, i have never asked God to forgive me or anyone else.

God forgives us if we ask, but what I want to have you consider is on what basis does He justify us to Himself?

I really have no answer to your question.

A little funny thing, i just had the most incredible deja vu, like i have had this whole conversation before, felt pretty good, like a little touch from God

edit on 1-7-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

The golden rule is perfection, it's so awesome, yet so hard for us to do every time and situation. The rule is glorious, we are flawed. Have you ever pondered on what basis God can forgive us and simultaneously not sacrifice His holiness and righteousness? This is a huge conundrum if we can grasp it. Plato couldn't reconcile how God could forgive sin when writing to Socrates:

"It may be that the deity can forgive sin, but I see not how." - Plato

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The golden rule is perfection, it's so awesome, yet so hard for us to do every time and situation. The rule is glorious, we are flawed. Have you ever pondered on what basis God can forgive us and simultaneously not sacrifice His holiness and righteousness? This is a huge conundrum if we can grasp it. Plato couldn't reconcile how God could forgive sin when writing to Socrates:

Because perfect love is unconditional and God is completely perfect in every way

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Nothing. Since it already belongs to me.

This is the topic, "what does this passage mean to you"?

In short, Jesus is telling those listening, "It's my way or the highway". If you want to be reconciled to god, and make it to the pearlies, you're looking at it, so listen up.

"What is my soul worth? What did heaven pay for my soul?"

Since my "soul" is likely the seat of my will, emotions, and personality, it's worth a fair amount to me. Heaven didn't pay a farthing for my soul, and it isn't up for bid.

What is your worth?

Priceless. Just like you and every other living being, no matter what they do or don't believe.

What matters is what God says, what does God say your own soul is worth?

I disagree that it matters what "god" says. And his estimate of my souls value is like me going into a store and telling the proprietor what I'm going to pay for his goods. It's likely the proprietor is going to have me thrown out of the store. He owns the goods, so he sets the prices. God doesn't get to set the price or value of my soul. It doesn't belong to him. I'm the proprietor, so I set the price, not him.
But now I'm going to be told if I don't except the price, god is going to go gangster on me and several billion other souls who didn't like his offering either, and all those who sold their souls to god, will applaud the murder of those who didn't.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

That's awesome, that's something from the spiritual realm speaking to your conscious. God does speak to us, and generally we don't realize it's Him. He speaks to our spirit man, 99% of the time it's not audible words. God speaks as a spontaneous thought that didn't originate from our mind.

God is always speaking.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AquaAscending

That's true, God is perfect love. And ready to forgive if we ask. God is a perfect Father, and always seeks to reconcile us to Himself.

What is the best way we can please and glorify Him?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What does that even mean? What would I give to be relieved of my soul, for someone to take it off my hands? The "soul" isn't a commodity or something one carries around in a handbag or briefcase. It's the very essence of one's being.

The ego can be trampled into non-existence. You can lop off a pound of flesh, sell a kidney, donate your life, but when all else is dead and long gone, the soul remains. It's eternal.

It's a trick, a lie to believe that someone holds ownership to your soul, or that YOU could do anything about it if it was true.

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Do you think that Jesus, here, was suggesting that his followers should carry a Roman torture device around? Was that what the symbolism of the "cross" that Jews understood in those days, in your opinion? Or did the "cross" have some deeper spiritual symbolism, other than a suicidal march to a torturous and humiliating death?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Now, hold on. Is this about being a good person, or impressing god? That's an important distinction to make because no one can impress a narcissist, but everyone can be a good person. Let's not fall into a false dichotomy trap. Either you impress god or you are a scumbag. I don't think that's how it works.
edit on 1-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If He created it (your soul) then why doesn't it belong to Him. Is the clay pot responsible for fashioning himself, or is he the product of the Potter at the wheel? For what purpose did God create you?

I maintain your soul has infinite worth and value, so much value that God gave everything to make it possible to reconcile you to Him.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

"Pick up your cross and follow me" is a metaphor, what message if Jesus trying to convey? What happenshould at a literal cross? What is the spiritual application is Christ trying to convey?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I fail to see how you constitute any kind of authority on the topic of perfection and what it looks like or means to the human race.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well, tell me what perfection means to you. Jesus said "Be ye perfect, for your Father in heaven is perfect."

Tell me what perfection means to you.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Well, tell me what perfection means to you. Jesus said "Be ye perfect, for your Father in heaven is perfect."

Tell me what perfection means to you.

I think perfection is an unrealistic goal and only serves to plant the seeds of insecurity and self-resentment. No wonder religion is so big on it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join