It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Give In Exchange For Your Soul?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Love God was the first one I mentioned.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Klassified

I'm not trying to preach, I'm just trying to get people to stop, consider and meditate on what Jesus was trying to convey in the passage. Telling someone what they need to know is an inferior way to teach.

Look dude, if you are going to peddle your holey wares on the forum, at least be honest about it. Preaching is preaching.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Love God was the first one I mentioned.

I like how you didn't argue with the whole "killing your family for the glory of thor" thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I just said I'm not preaching, I'm asking questions to try and get people to think. There is no dialogue in a sermon, just an audience and a speaker.

Thanks for participating though, I appreciate your input.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I just said I'm not preaching, I'm asking questions to try and get people to think. There is no dialogue in a sermon, just an audience and a speaker.

Thanks for participating though, I appreciate your input.

Semantics. You ask a question, get an answer, acknowledge their effort in answering your question then use their answer to transition into your answer and why it's more pertinent to the scripture you have prepared in accordance with your opening statement. A rose by any other name... not to mention you haven't exactly helped us figure out how much our soul is worth. Strikes me as a baited question. "How much is your soul? The answer is Jesus!" Not very imaginative.
edit on 1-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well, you're free to not participate in a discussion on Theology. If it makes you angry, then go your way in peace and I wish you well. You won't hurt my feelings, and like I said I still appreciate your input.

Have a great day and if you're from the USA, then have a great 4th of July.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

My opinion, as I could be wrong here, but what Jesus meant by us picking up our cross daily means to die to self, to stop living for ourselves and live for God.

You do know that the spiritual symbolism of the cross had been being used for centuries before the advent of Jesus the Nazarene, right?

Here's a pre-Christain era Roman coin commemorating Julius Caesar, and honoring his "forgiveness". Notice the cross?

Here's another ancient holy cross symbol.

Do you think that the ancient symbolism has always related to a torturous, suicidal death, even if only to oneself? Perhaps it does!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In 6 steps, the "cross" folds up into a 6 sided cube.

6 is the number of man. Created on the 6th day, man's reality is an up, down, north, south, east and west 6 sided box.

Egyptain mythology tells us that Set created a beautiful box, tricked Osiris to get onto/into it, then locked him and sent him down the river!

When Osiris opened the box, Set was able to capture him inside with no hope of escape.

Christianity asks it's followers to "take up" their cross....666....get in the box!

I say, Pop Goes the Weasel!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
I don't think about what my soul is worth to me. My soul is priceless to God and I wouldn't exchange it for anything.

Exactly.

To Jesus my soul is priceless.

To the enemy my soul is worthless.

I will stay on the priceless side regardless of ANYTHING that could be obtained on this temporary earth.

And yes, I would give my life to stay on the priceless side. In a second.

Right! Totally agree. For me there is no question, no thought on the matter. It is what it is

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well, you're free to not participate in a discussion on Theology. If it makes you angry, then go your way in peace and I wish you well. You won't hurt my feelings, and like I said I still appreciate your input.

Have a great day and if you're from the USA, then have a great 4th of July.

I'm not angry, I'm just exploring your premise and making observations.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So you tell me what picking up your cross and following Him means to you.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

I don't think about what my soul is worth to me. My soul is priceless to God and I wouldn't exchange it for anything.

Exactly.

To Jesus my soul is priceless.

To the enemy my soul is worthless.

I will stay on the priceless side regardless of ANYTHING that could be obtained on this temporary earth.

And yes, I would give my life to stay on the priceless side. In a second.

Right! Totally agree. For me there is no question, no thought on the matter. It is what it is

And furthermore I don't have to question it or prove it. If you're questioning it there must be a reason. Is there?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

My premise is actually toward other believers in Christ, but you cannot exclude anyone from a topic, that's against the T&C, so I'm trying to keep it open for anyone to participate freely. So I'm just letting people express what the passage means to them.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think she just did.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The cross represents both a trap and eternal life. It's a representation of reincarnation and the repetitive karmic death trap. Jesus, supposedly, died on a cross (locked in a physical box, just like Osiris), he was resurrected from a cave, (womb).

X Marks the Spot!
You ARE here!
Enter the Door, Get in the Box! 666!

edit on 1-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So in your opinion, Jesus was telling us we needed to reincarnate every day?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Today is the first day of the rest of your eternal life. How will you spend it?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I can get on board with that, sure. Today is a new day in the kingdom.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

What if the best way to serve Him is to deny myself, daily, and die to my goals and purposes to align myself with His?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

"You" built the boxes that you chose to climb into. I don't have a problem with the idea of needing help to break out of that box. But, realize, that those "deaths" aren't literally killing your body, although that will come eventually. You can die a thousand deaths to your old self daily, but you will constantly be resurrected, reborn or reincarnated back into your own body, the box that "god/authority" gave you and that you willingly accepted. When that box is destroyed, what kind of vessel will you choose to dwell in, or take if offered?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No idea, I believe I was given a new birth and the Holy Spirit takes up residency inside me. I feel I need to continually deny self, meaning take my will off the throne in my life and follow Christ. Not to earn favor, I can't do that, but out of thankfulness for what God has already done for me in Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join