It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland denies Muslim girls citizenship after they refuse to swim with boys

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: FredT
No I'm talking about having to wear a bathing suit in front of people. To me wearing a bathing suit in front of people is being stripped. This story I just find weird, I'm a woman a mother of a daughter, a feminist (eek) sovthis story just gives me chills. Women shouldn't be forced to do something they think is immodest.

In my day we did gym lessons in navy knickers!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Even in the most populated muslim country in the world they still refer to "MERRY CHRISTMAS" as just that.....can't wait for obama to catch his bus......

Our little ones no longer do the traditional Nativity Plays at Christmas,

due to multi culturalism.

edit on 1-7-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Around the same time as the debacle over these two girls, the country was in an uproar over two Muslim boys who refused to shake the hands of their female schoolteacher, as is custom in the country. The naturalization process of their father, an imam in a Saudi-funded Basel mosque, was suspended. Also, the Austrian town of Hainfeld voted to ban "burqinis" — Islamic swimwear that covers the body from head to toe — from being worn in local pools. The move was put forward by a councilor from the far-right Freedom Party, which has grandstanded over the threat posed by an influx of asylum seekers from Muslim-majority countries. In Austria and other countries, asylum seekers have been subject to bans on access to pools over fears of sexual assault. It never seems to end with these people does it?......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
My school was similar, I remember the humiliation of changing rooms and that was in front of girls, we also had no mixed pe lessons.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sanity from a European country? God bless the Swiss

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
And can I say as a parent, due to boredom. As a Sci fi fan I thorougly enjoyed the aliens meeting Jesus one year. Although one year they did a traditional navity and its a majority muslim school.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not the kids fault, not sure why folks are taking such delight in this? I mean how complicated would it be to have given them a test separately? I'm sure it would have just destroyed society as we know it.

This is not a battle that needs fighting. It's a couple of kids, young teenage girls, who if they're at all like teenage girls were when I was a teenage boy that age, might have other issues aside from not wanting to swim with the boys.

But anyway, hooray, chalk up a victory over those evil immigrants.

Now if they want to use the same bathroom...lynch 'em.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow. Five pages of cheering retards. Shame on all of you.It was effing swimming. They were denied citizenship because they didn't partake in swim class. There's nothing frakking cultural about swimming, FFS. Did any of you bother to read the article linked on page 2, I think it was? It mentioned a couple of kids & their dad getting the shaft because the KIDS didn't shake their teacher's hand. Chick status aside, that's an asinine reason for not naturalizing. I could go put in some college time over there, apply to live, and refuse to shake a professor's hand & get the same end result.

Equally stupid was the family from Kosovo mentioned that were denied because they dressed too shabby (in Swiss opinion) and didn't greet people. Whelp, scratch me from that one, I keep to myself in public, and don't dress like I walked out of Ann Taylor. The Swiss would probably find my 5-10 year old JCP wardrobe "shabby".
Some American who lived here for 40 years apparently kept too himself too much entirely, didn't have friends to name, and evidently didn't travel (couldn't name villages) I'm not that much of a hermit, but give me a break. And him.

This isn't a culture winning, it's the Swiss being the same ol' dicks they earned a reputation for being for decades. Period. Simply put, their criteria is banal s#.

EDIT: Here, even if it was already posted, the brain dead must have missed these:

Two Muslim brothers who refused to shake hands with their female teacher on the grounds of religious restriction were soon the centre of widespread media coverage and public uproar.

The boys' father, an imam at the Basel mosque, immediately had his naturalisation request suspended by authorities, while any parent or guardian who refuses to shake a teacher's hand can now expect a $5,000 fine.

One immigrant family from Kosovo who had been in the country for a decade was told their tendency to wear shabby clothing in the street and not greet passersby was proof of their lack of integration.

And an American who had lived in the country for 40 years had his application refused after being unable to name any Swiss friends or nearby villages.

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 7/1/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I've lived in Manchester for 10 years now and my oh takes the piss because I don't know where anywhere is.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I have been around long enough to see the changes also, including the way that certain wording is used, no laws yet just behavioral manufactured rules, like you said so the next generation will get used to before the laws set in.

Im old school so all those changes to me are nothing but manufactured BS and I tell like is.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I've lived in Manchester for 10 years now and my oh takes the piss because I don't know where anywhere is.

I'm new to where I live now in Michigan. We've been living here just shy of 2 years, and I still don't have all the common places memorized yet, still don't know all the towns yet. It's going to take me time. I grew up in Florida and lived in the same roughly 50 mile stretch the entire time. I know the layout of that region like the back of my hand & blindfolded, but it took me both my whole life & a satellite imagery/map addiction to get it down that good.
I have friends who can't find their way around cities they grew up in, and still stumble on nearby towns they never knew existed until yesterday. I think this criteria used against the guy they let live there for 4 decades is really a bogus one, because some people are damned good at mental mapping (literally, and that would be me) and others are doing good if they just remember cardinal directions. If he never bothered anyone, never caused problems, then what's the issue?
edit on 7/1/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

The young girls are not told to strip naked and parade themselves and when it comes to modesty is many ways to be able to interact with boys without feeling uncomfortable, after all in none Muslim countries like the countries this girls parents chose to move into boys and girls are socially equals.

Oppressive is the religions that force women to cover from head to toe and be second class citizens at the mercy of the males in the society, including if the live or die.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Braindead huh ?.....

This isn't a culture winning, it's the Swiss being the same ol' dicks they earned a reputation for being for decades. Period. Simply put, their criteria is banal s#.

No one is forcing these people to stay in Switzerland are they ?.....

Come to my house and try and make the rules and see what happens

ETA ...In Australia we must be dicks as well because you are required to learn Aussie stuff to get your citizenship......anyhow i will leave you with this little gem...

edit on 1-7-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Brain dead indeed. Are you going to comment on the other examples, or just hope I don't notice you sidestepped them? They may be the rules, but nothing's stopping anyone from pointing out how ludicrous some of them are under the guise of "culture". Swim class is not cultural. Neither is not dressing nice enough. Neither is being a hermit. Neither would me refusing to shake someone's hand (I don't even do that NOW. My palms perspire more than average, and I'm an introvert, handshakes ain't happening)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This is not a battle that needs fighting
Yes, it is to the Swiss govt and their citizens. Their laws are their laws, if you don't like the laws then leave,you won't be missed i can assure you. Give these people an inch and they will take a mile!. I would say you have never been to Switzerland, so you don't understand the Swiss mentality or local traditions. It's their country and it has been very progressive before the arrival of muslims......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's a bit shocking to hear so many people here cheer about this. It really illustrates the bias there is toward Muslims.

These girls weren't saying that no other girls can swim with boys, just themselves. There are some Christian Sects that do the same thing. Like the Pentecostals I think it is are very strict like that. Women all wear dresses and don't mix with boys like that.

I'm betting if it was some Pentecostal Christian Girls who said they aren't allowed to swim with the boys everyone would be praising them for their Religious Values. But if you're Muslim with those same values it just "F*ck em".

I'm not religious and so I don't give a crap about anyone's Religious values personally, but for those of you who are religious, you should ask yourselves "If it's ok to disregard their Religious Values, why should anyone respect yours???"

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Neither would me refusing to shake someone's hand, I don't even do that NOW
You must be a "real gem" for people to meet and greet ......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I have some friends who live in Geneva, they told me the Swiss people are FED UP with this kind of behavior. Switzerland is a very tolerant country, but they dont like intolerance. Maybe these girls would be best off living somewhere where they dont have to swim with boys, instead of trying to force their beliefs on others.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It really illustrates the bias there is toward Muslims.
If you make your bed the wrong way, them you have an uncomfortable sleep.....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You have never been to Switzerland have you ?

They like their way of life and they want to keep it that way, and no amount of politically correct dribble is going to change that ....

I am not side stepping anything the simple fact is they have their ways of doing things and no one is going to move there and change that....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join