It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland denies Muslim girls citizenship after they refuse to swim with boys

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There is a difference.

If people want to immigrate to a new country, sure they should be able to practice their religion. The US allows this. But there is a difference when your religion is so radically different that it affects every day life to the point that you are violating the laws of your new country.

I suppose you didn't notice the first part of my question: what if this happens with a Swiss Muslim? If people that follow the Muslim religion are not considered Swiss enough to become citizens, what are those that are Swiss citizens and Muslims considered?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Thanks, that does explain things, at least partially.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Well they are no the only country that keep strict rules when it comes to Islamic followers either, Japan has kept his Islamic population on a leash for a long time and nobody seems to complain about it.

No bending to the complains of the minority keep the majority safe and happy.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

FINALLY! It's about time someone is showing backbone and standing up to the culturally destructive DAMANDS of these people. They start with something seemingly small, swim classes, and soon it will escalate into demanding churches being destroyed because they're "offensive" to them, and an endless list of other things that define the culture and laws of whatever country they've basically invaded! I have absolutely NO sympathy for them when they are trying to develop 6th century venues that they're trying to force on others. Especially a country who very foolishly tried to do something good for a race that abhors civilized life and the freedoms that are engrained in its citizens, culture and government. They're not "owed" ANYTHING! You GO Switzerland!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think its pretty # really. Loads of kids bunk out of gym and swimming for all kinds of reasons. It normally results in a bad grades, not have your hope of citizenship rejected. You, you horrible ignorant girl children, how dare you not reveal your bodies to these good modern boys. Strip or we'll strip your right to live here.
Beautiful what a strike for civilisation.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
People are all scared of who shares a bathroom with who. But force a muslim girl to take her clothes off and everybody is all for it.
What the effing hell is wrong with the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Is nothing wrong with the world if you are used to strip down into a bathing suit and got to the pool and swim.

Maybe the girls should be allowed to swim in burkas I am sure the buoyancy is pretty need.

It was the parents of the girls the ones that allow the strip of the culture when they move into another nation with a different set of rules expecting that the new country will bend to those rules, I thought that went people migrate to another country is supposed to be to leave behind an oppressive and dangerous life at least that is why is a massive migration going on in EU. Right?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nope, Switzerland has incredibly tough citizenship standards, girls who just emigrated to Switzerland in THIS generation wouldn't even qualify,

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It was the parents of the girls the ones that allow the strip of the culture when they move into another nation with a different set of rules expecting that the new country will bend to those rules, I thought that went people migrate to another country is supposed to be to leave behind an oppressive and dangerous life at least that is why is a massive migration going on in EU. Right?

Right ....

That's how we in the west think, we respect other peoples space and don't

inflict our views or expect concessions from others.

We consider it the height of bad manners not to respect our hosts.

I don't know exactly when it started .... dropping *Happy Christmas* for

*Happy Holidays* and changing all things that could possibly

offend, I emphasise possibly.

I have begun noticing a lot lately the subtle changing that are being thrust on us

gradually till they become the norm. eg. the trading European Community

became The European Union had we stayed wonder what was the next step

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
You don't see anything remotely oppressive about forcing young girls with strict codes of modesty to strip in front of boys? In fact to say if you don't get you clothes off in mixed company, you're mot welcome. If my non religious daughter told me she didn't want to do this I wouldn't force her. Even children have the right to not be forced to bare their body if they don't want to. Its a petty ridiculous reason to refuse citizenship.

Gin

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Where does it say girls need to strip down in front of the boys? If you have ever been to a swimming hall then you should know males and females have their own sides for locker rooms and showers.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

what if this happens with a Swiss Muslim?
They may loose their rights as a citizen. Other governments have revoked citizenship of their people for varying offensives. If a person rebels against the laws of a country they reap what they sow.......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: marg6043
You don't see anything remotely oppressive about forcing young girls with strict codes of modesty to strip in front of boys? In fact to say if you don't get you clothes off in mixed company, you're mot welcome.

Are you confusing Ally McBeal and the coed bathrooms with the situation here? It does not say anything about girls being forced to share a locker room with boys at all. Thats pretty much a universal practice in all countries, Sharia law or otherwise. (Except North Carolina bathrooms that is)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

facts are not obnoxious.
I was referring to your overall posts to my threads, get the message?.....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin
Maybe lost in translation, I mean take all their clothes off. Everybody is so hung up on the politics they forget their are young girls involved who are being told they have to walk around in mixed company in clothes that make them feel immodest. Its a weird thing for people to focus on, it everybody cheering to force females to feel embarrassed or ashamed for political reasons.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

For the sake of clarity are you referring to disrobing in an all female locker room?

edit on 7/1/16 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I was referring to the threads on here with people scandalised about transgender people sharing bathrooms with their daughters. Yet they are the same people who think its ok to force them to get in a pool with boys.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
No I'm talking about having to wear a bathing suit in front of people. To me wearing a bathing suit in front of people is being stripped. This story I just find weird, I'm a woman a mother of a daughter, a feminist (eek) sovthis story just gives me chills. Women shouldn't be forced to do something they think is immodest.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

dropping *Happy Christmas* for *Happy Holidays* and changing all things that could possibly offend
Even in the most populated muslim country in the world they still refer to "MERRY CHRISTMAS" as just that.....can't wait for obama to catch his bus......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join