It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have one friend. How many do you have?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If you are not a fan of religion, or main stream reality, then maybe you are like me. You have very few friends, if any.

There is almost no situation when I feel comfortable to tell the truth when it comes to how things are being manipulated by supremely powerful forces that have no morals. Even my one friend can't handle the deeper levels of truth, such as 9/11 being an inside job. But at least he can see that our democracy is a rigged system controlled by the very rich and powerful.

So, how many real friends do you have?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
droid56

Besides my sibs? Zero. But I am still new in town. Trying to get a D&D game going to meet some nerds.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

As for conspiracy friends. I have non, most of my friends would laugh or discredit me instantly if I talked about 80% of the topics on here.
Other than that, I have limited friends anyways, I like to keep to myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
droid56

Besides my sibs? Zero. But I am still new in town. Trying to get a D&D game going to meet some nerds.

Wait , what ? There are still D&D fans in the Universe ?
There is hope , yet.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

All of my friends have known me over 40 years. We share all forms of info. I have just a handfull and am ok with that.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
droid56

I miss playing D&D!

I think you can get a group through meetup.com if you want to find other players. I haven't personally tried it, but it is on my list of things to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Zero.
I have my partner, and a smattering of online friends, however, we all know that online people aren't real.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Strange but here goes (not involving family):

People I trust with my pint: 7

People I trust with my secrets: 6

People I trust with my life: 3

And these 7 people I used to drink with 3 times a week! Now once ever 3 weeks (damn responsibilities!)

But these ones are the ones who have always had my back and I theirs no questions asked and they have positively shaped my life over the last 20 years of knowing them

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56 in the outside world, its just one and a few others... but we aren't always checking on one another..just every now and again
I tend to get along being alone and visiting townsfolk, saying hello, how have you been or how are you today and stuff..some shopkeepers have good conversation and some don't
People I have known for lengths of time are usually more than just an acquaintance... with little expectations as to when to chill out..relax a bit

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

Zero.
I have my partner, and a smattering of online friends, however, we all know that online people aren't real.

just fictional

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
Strange but here goes (not involving family):

People I trust with my pint: 7

People I trust with my secrets: 6

People I trust with my life: 3

And these 7 people I used to drink with 3 times a week! Now once ever 3 weeks (damn responsibilities!)

But these ones are the ones who have always had my back and I theirs no questions asked and they have positively shaped my life over the last 20 years of knowing them

This is how I do it. Worked out so far.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
A bunch, Iam talking about folks who are down with me for whatever,going back to Jr High...tho my facebook said I have 1283 ,,

Naaw I probably have about 40 I can count on but due to location can't readily hang with , 10 that I roll with hard and share intimate stuff with and trust to keep secrets and money.
In the end If I need to grab a bugout bag and haul ass I am good on at least three continents and one of the sub ones..

edit on 30-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

No one else's heart drums to the same beat, so...none.

I'm known by a number of people but I choose to have limited, discreet contact with anyone. But then, I like it that way. It's a choice. It would be a tragedy if I hadn't chosen a life of relative solitude.

I'd be surprised if many - or any - regular contributors to this site had a hectic social schedule.

The way I see it, you're a keyboard warrior OR you have friends; you can't really do the both.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I'd be surprised if many - or any - regular contributors to this site had a hectic social schedule. The way I see it, you're a keyboard warrior OR you have friends; you can't really do the both.

The nature of you job may allow you to do both, especially if you are the one setting the social schedule.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Zero.

I'm definitely not a fan of mainstream reality, which is probably why I haven't found somebody I can relate to on a deep level.

edit on 30/6/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
As for conspiracy friends. I have none. Most of my friends would laugh or discredit me instantly if I talked about 80% of the topics on here.

One conspiracy-fan acquaintance (separated by distance). She knew a member of this site (I'm sure) and almost introduced us.

Other than that, I have limited friends anyways, I like to keep to myself.

Three life-long friends. All older ... and far wiser. I learned a lot of life's lessons from one. He told me there were never more than five. Five real friend you could count on no-matter-what. I tend to gravitate to his way of thinking. I could tell you I've two younger friends I don't keep up with so much these days. It's nice to cold-call them time-to-time and catch up. Funny that they never call me. Sign-o-the-times.

Friends are nice to must-haves. Good family relations ... worth their weight in gold. And, I literally mean combined body weight.

SCUBA diving taught me the values of friendship. That goes to that thing you said about "keeping to yourself". You're never more alone @ 200 ft, even when you're not more than 10 feet from your 'buddy'.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Well, that depends on what exactly you mean by friend.

If you are talking about the sort of person who is going to follow you through the guts of hell itself if you ask them to, two or three. If you are talking about the sort of people who, for all that they are not going hiking on the wrong side of the Styx for you any time soon, but will do whatever they can for you when the crap hits the fan, I would say between ten and fifteen depending on how much liquor is involved.

Also, I have many more people out there in the Internet that I consider fantastic friends, but locally...that's my lot.
edit on 30-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

This is weird. Recently my son said to me " Dad, you don't have many friends." I thought about it and yes, after 58 years I only have a handful of friends i could trust as close friends.

Love my wife/partner who is my best friend but I guess as soon as I make friends with a new person who brings up strange ideas to me I still remain an acquaintance but stand-offish.

My close friends I've known all my life minus about 5 to 10 years. I count my kids as friends but find it difficult to resolve their respective partners and drugs issues.

I guess if you put a scale of 1 to 10 on friends with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest I'd say I have about 12 friends at 10. (Who I could trust)

Kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

To my face, most people are pretty friendly.
Behind my back?...
Well, you never can be too sure can you.

Actually I have very few.
We have quite a history this little bunch and its that which keeps us together I suppose.
People come and go all the time.
A real friend is someone you may not see for years but is just as pleased as ever when your paths cross again.

Sometimes you don't even know who your friends are.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I've been blessed with an unusual number of very close friends over my 7 decades.

Too many early friendships were too co-dependent but I still learned a lot.

I'm still friends with and in contact with some blokes (3 or so) I knew in Jr High.

I probably have 3-5 or more friends I could go and live with, if necessary.

I have too many to quickly count at this late hour, that I'd be honored to die for.

Several would be willing to die for me.

Given my personality, values and priorities, my close friends also enjoy deep, connected, bonded dialogues.

I probably have more guy friends than gal friends but I have some of both across 3 continents.

Some of my close friends are not Christians but most are.

Anyway--I guess that's a fair summary.

I'm sorry you are so isolated. I've lived there a lot in my early life and it is no fun. I hope you can expand your relationships in such regards.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join