It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here worked at these facilities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is to see if anyone at ATS has worked at or been to Area 51 Groom Lake or Area S-4 Papoose Mountain Nevada sites. If you have, simply say YES. I'm not asking for specifics or details from you. If not, please don't reply. Be honest, or else this won't work.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by meshuggah1324]

[edit on 17-1-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
there is a guy just_a_pilot i talked to him, he worked at groom, he never really told me much, try and find him

Velvet

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Velvet1717]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
No offense but if theyve ever worked at A-51 or S-4, than theyre probably not going to talk about it.
Come to think of it there probably not allowed on ATS or any site dealing with things of the nature discussed here.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just a pilot was, he told me some things, thou never anything really in deatial, he didn't tell me what was going on there he just said things like, when you go to Groom you see YOUR project and only your project, if another one comes out you get brought inside, he said stuff like that, i sent him a u2u asking all kinds of questions, he said that he would answer to the best of his legal knowlage, but he never really answered

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
actaully some people from Groom have started talking... mostly disgruntled employee's but they are very sure to keep thier identity hidden

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
well my grandfather and a teacher both worked together at dreamworks, and dont talk to me much, obeying there oath of silence

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XX_Mouse_XX
well my grandfather and a teacher both worked together at dreamworks, and dont talk to me much, obeying there oath of silence

That oath of silence is actualy a non disclosure contract everyone gets to sign.

Breaking that contract makes you an enemy of the state and alows the goverment to terminate you without notice.

And last but not least, these contracts are for life. Sign it, live with it, be silent or die.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
there is a guy just_a_pilot i talked to him, he worked at groom, he never really told me much, try and find him

Velvet

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Velvet1717]

I talked to pilot in a weapons thread when we where discussion bunker buster nuke in application in the mountains of afthganastan and he mentioned somethings only a person of this caliber would think of , but I dont know how true it is , pilot can talk the lingo though.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This doesn't apply exacty to area 51 (although I never asked), but, my Dad, who is now 79 and has been retired for at least 15 or so years, worked for a company, I don't know if I should say the name of it, but it was a research company.

He was a physisist, and it was a research company for the defense department of the U.S. government. He had a "Top Secret" security clearance. (I don't know if it was "Above" or not...)ha, ha - smilies aren't working right. Anyway, we didn't get along much for most of my life, not until about the last 4 years. We then became really close.

Anyway, that part is irrelevant to this post, but what I'm trying to say is that since we didn't get along, I rarely visited him at work, after my parents divorced, I rarely saw him at all, so I never even attempted to ask him about his work. I didn't care. But last year about, I became very intersted in all sorts of stuff, like why is Israel so important? Did he know what really happened to JFK? What about the cold war and the arms race? etc....

Well, he had been retired for about 13 or 14 years by the time I tried to ask him about stuff. And even though now, we talk about just about everything, he told me that although he no longer worked for the company, being retired and all that he took an oath when he was granted his "Top Secret" clearance that was a lifelong oath, and that he was never, ever in his lifetime to talk about anything that he had worked on or learned of that was classified then, even if it has been declassified or partially declassified by now.

He said that classified information when it gets declassified, is never fully declassified in it's entirety. There are always a few details that never reach the public, and that's the way they want it.

So, I never asked him again. He absolutely will not talk about anything he heard, learned, saw or probably helped to design or anything else while he carried his Top Secret clearance.

I suppose that the employees of Area 51, and other much more shadowy type government facilities have even much more harsher terms that they agree to when they take their oath. I suspect that none of them, past or present will ever give you the whole story.

[edit on 3/4/2005 by CyberKat]

[edit on 3/4/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'll tell you 2 members here that I wonder about.
Off the Street and Intelgirl. Those two know an awful lot and Intel says she works at Indian Springs which is not too far from A51. I wish she'd be more willing to talk about what she does.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I hope that just before some of these Area 51 workers get very old and are just about to die, they "tell all" about Area 51. What would they have to loose?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
One member said employes are instructed on a need to know basis, that is exactly the case, as I have spoken with 2 Groom Works, and Dreamworks employees. I would agree with another member as he commented that employees are not let on this site, or any other site discussing the existance of Top Secret projects, but my grandfather a engineer in the airforce was in the top secret project we all know as the F-117 Stealth Fighter. I did ask him some questions concerning the working conditions, he explain that he worked always at night, away from neigboring projects, and under a strict oath of silence, even from immediate family. So for projects still under secret, I'm sure you wont find them here

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mo0se
Off the Street and Intelgirl. Those two know an awful lot and Intel says she works at Indian Springs which is not too far from A51. I wish she'd be more willing to talk about what she does.

Moose,
I don't work at area 51, never have, never will...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yeah, Shadowy people of black projects don't let their employees say anything, they threaten them AND their family, sounds like fun doesn't it?

But, what happens if they talk to imediate family in private? and what if they disclose what they know anonymously on the internet? there is no way they can track it to one individual right?

So what i'm guessing is that everything is so excessively compartmentalized that they know too little individually to risk their lives over.

[edit on 10/3/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Yeah, Shadowy people of black projects don't let their employees say anything, they threaten them AND their family, sounds like fun doesn't it?

But, what happens if they talk to imediate family in private? and what if they disclose what they know anonymously on the internet? there is no way they can track it to one individual right?

So what i'm guessing is that everything is so excessively compartmentalized that they know too little individually to risk their lives over.

[edit on 10/3/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

Thats alot of BS. NOBODY gets threatened by anybody, other than what the law prescribes under Title 18 of the US Code.

Frankly, to imply that US citizens, working security for these kinds of sensitive operations and projects, would actually hurt or kill friends, family members or co-workers who violate some kind of a security agreement.......is offensive and insulting.

People keep their mouths shut because they understand the gravity and sensitivity of the information they are protecting, and the government goes to great lengths to screen out any dirt-bag, loose-lipped losers who would endanger the lives of US servicemen in the field because these jerks feel it is their "right" to tell other people about things that keep our boys alive somewhere overseas.

This concept that the government and those who are associated with the government would be perfectly willing to kill US citizens to keep secrets quiet is a self-perpetuating string of horse crap that only serves conspiricy theorists, Hollywood writers, and those with an axe to grind against the government.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Pyros]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well I guess that just about says it all Pyros, kind of a converstation killer!

I totally agree though! I strolled into one of the contrail forums the other day, just for a good laugh! I mentioned that I work for BAE SYSTEMS over here in the UK, and all I got was that I worked for a genocidal company that wants to destroy the world. The same person suggested they had a right to know what goes on! hhhmmmmm. Like those people are ever going to find out, the information would be more dangerous in their hands than those of our enemies!

Rob

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Off the Street and Intelgirl. Those two know an awful lot and Intel says she works at Indian Springs which is not too far from A51. I wish she'd be more willing to talk about what she does

As I recall, and as they've stated, Off the Street is an engineer with Boeing, and Intelgirl works with UCAVs for the military (I believe the USAF, but not sure). It's fairly easy to see why they'd have more than an average understanding of Intel and how it works. Myself, I grew up as a military brat, so I'm well aware of it also. I've lived in military compounds from the cold of Alaska to the heat of Saudi Arabia. My father currently works on the Raptor project at the Lockheed plant in Ga.

I've met one person who claimed to have lived at the base. He was a kid, and I was a kid at the time. His dad (my dad's boss at the time, this was in Saudi) once worked at Groom, and he lived in the residential compound there. I can't remember the timeframe exactly, but would have been around the early 80's (like 80, 81) and only for a little less than a year. I can tell you that he never saw any aliens...
He did mention a base rumor of a more classified section of the base called only "the hangar", and that it was rumored to be near the mountain. That's what initially sparked my interest in S-4. Unfortunately, that's about all he knew, and I wasn't interested enough in such things to press him for more at the time (was about in '82 that I knew him).

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ever wonder what those confidentiality agreements look like? I know it's got to be crazy. Found a couple things though, might interest some.

1. A copy of a confidentiality agreement between the Navy and a subcontractor.
www.oss-institute.org...='confidentiality%20agreement%20government%20classified'

2. A supreme court case involving a CIA agent that wrote a book without getting it cleared first.
caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Nothing really crazy here, but I don't think you're gonna find a copy of the employment papers you sign to work at A-51 in PDF format in a simple yahoo search. Then again stranger things have happened.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
When I worked for wackenhut security They wanted me to go work in Nevada at a high clearance base. I didnt take it because I was told that it was one of the most boring posts that they had and that they are constantly going through people at the said base due to the work involved "boring and hot" I never found out about where it was but I assume that its was A-51. I do know this, contract security is in charge of the perimeter and military is in charge of the internal part of the base. Unless you are an accual gov science employee or engineer, or in the military you will never see some cool stuff. Even external security doesnt have access to the special stuff even though they might see stuff from a distance they wont be able to get close. I hope this gives you somekind of insight on the bases security. I know that everyone has a want to see the inside of the base but youhave to have something special to offer a base like that. I hate to say it but everyone who works that base just wants a paycheck and to be able feed there families and not have trouble. So for someone to divulge info about A-51 and its inner working isnt going to happen. The ones who say theyve been ther probably havent. And the ones who say they are going to probably wont. It takes a special person to work somewhere like A-51 to not be able to tell your wife how your day was, and not feel guilty because you cant say what you do for a living. Thats probably why I dont choose to do that for a living is because I dont keep anything from my wife. Anyway enough rambling good luck in your search.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I used to live in Las Vegas. There were many times, where I was riding with someone (I don't drive) who was going somewhere that involved passing right by the ourskirts of Area 51. It was very obvious that that was where it was, and I wonder why no one has mentioned in this tread that if they really were even near the place, there is a barbed wire fence, like the ones you see outside of prisons, and the fences are literally lined with signs to the effect (I don't remember the exact wording) that "This is a restricted military operation, etc...." I do however distinctly remember the last part of what was posted on the signs, and that was, "Any unauthorized persons found entering or attempting to enter the premisis illegally, will be shot on sight!" Then there was I think something like, "as pertaining to Article ??????, Section????? of the ???????"

So unless they have changed those signs or taken them down in the last 4 or 5 years, it seems odd that everyone who has written that they have come close to getting in, or other things to that effect, have never mentioned anything about signs anouncing that they would be shot on sight for attempted entry.

top topics

join