It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you rate sex?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yes, orgasm feels like a pretty good drug, but other than that, I don't think it is that great. It is much less than our western culture makes it out to be.
It's 3D stuff, nothing more. It's there, and then it's gone a second later.

I'm hoping there is something much better than sex. Time will tell. Something longer lasting.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

have a few beers... you'll last longer

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't. Quite frankly until you brought it up hadn't thought about it in a while.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You get out what you put in and that seems to be the same with everything.a reply to: droid56

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Our culture venerates sex. Why? It's just sucking and thrusting of bodies. Yes, we need it to keep humans alive to destroy the planet, but it just isn't worth the respect we give it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

With the wife I'd give it a 7, but the girlfriend a 9.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

With the wife I'd give it a 7, but the girlfriend a 9.

Cheers - Dave

BAZZINGA!!!! What aboot the Zamboni driver?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Yes, it has a power in some situations. It is mind that determines this. Mostly first time or outside a relationship or marriage.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well maybe you should try meditating before you go to sleep so you can Lucid Dream and go up in the heavens and have sex with God...I heard its Euphoric!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Yes, orgasm feels like a pretty good drug, but other than that, I don't think it is that great. It is much less than our western culture makes it out to be.
It's 3D stuff, nothing more. It's there, and then it's gone a second later.

I'm hoping there is something much better than sex. Time will tell. Something longer lasting.

You are a multidimensional being. Might as well enjoy the 3D stuff as well as exploring higher dimensions.

Each dimension brings a different sense of greatness.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sex for sex sake has never held interest for me (and I have tried to be open minded on that).

But in the context of a truly loving intimate relationship, it can be one of the most awesome spiritual experiences possible!

I sort of feel sad for the kids today, who are growing up in a world of mind that no longer appreciates and revels in the senses and material world. Real relationships, real contact with others, real contact with nature, is not valued at all, in exchange for the alternate reality on a screen.

The robot/computer revolution has got to be just around the corner- we're ready to move on to using non-biological containers now. Seems everyone is done with this phase.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Uhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

compared to what?

--ice cream?

--a beautiful sunset?

--a good back rub?

I suppose . . . I'd rate it about a 4-7 depending.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Sex for sex sake has never held interest for me (and I have tried to be open minded on that).

But in the context of a truly loving intimate relationship, it can be one of the most awesome spiritual experiences possible!

I sort of feel sad for the kids today, who are growing up in a world of mind that no longer appreciates and revels in the senses and material world. Real relationships, real contact with others, real contact with nature, is not valued at all, in exchange for the alternate reality on a screen.

The robot/computer revolution has got to be just around the corner- we're ready to move on to using non-biological containers now. Seems everyone is done with this phase.

INDEED. VERY WELL PUT.

THX..

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yes, it has a power in some situations. It is mind that determines this. Mostly first time or outside a relationship or marriage.

No.

With my husband and I, sex started to become something totally powerful when we'd been married for about 20 years.
-And I mean for him especially! (because yeah, I too had grown up with that idea that all men hate sex with the same woman after the first time, and need to move on...)
Without making effort, or knowing anything about it, certain practices of tantric sex began to happen for us.

It is possible that he would physically enjoy sex with a new woman (and frankly I wouldn't be against him doing it) but it would take him another 20 years to have that kind of magic sex with her- and by then he wouldn't be physically able, probably. There are levels of love and intimacy that you have not yet found.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It's there, and then it's gone a second later.

Oh dear.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Jesus...

Look, it's been a hell of a long time for me, but I can still, if I shut my eyes, think really hard, not to mention ignore the emotional agony involved, feel every hair on my body quiver, the sound of gasping, screaming, the feeling of being as close to a human being as it is possible to get without some sort of matter teleportation accident, nails down my back and bruising on my flesh, and the giddy sensation of realisation that comes when one notices that one has been involved in a variation on the same theme of activity, from sundown to sun up, without ever feeling like stopping. I could go other places with that, but for gods sake, think of the children!

My point is, that if neither of you are slacking, there is no way that all you should be getting out of it is a three dimensional movie you can playback whenever you fancy to without reference to external memory storage devices. When both parties are into it, want it, and need one another, when there is even the tiniest sliver of heart and soul in it, the process itself takes on a totally unreal aspect, all the pain in the body (and unless someone is being lazy, there will be pain in muscles that one rarely knows one has, unless about the business itself) evaporates until all there is left, is the desire to continue, for more, to never stop, to have that moment stretch until the fabric of space time collapses all the previous moments into one moment, and the pair of you collapse, wrapped around one another, still not wanting to let go, but physically incapable of doing anything other than shaking, giggling, and being still inseparable, falling asleep in one another's safety.

DAMNIT....NOW I REALLY MISS THAT!

Anyway, it's not meant to be a single point in time with no meaning outside itself. It is supposed to be something that unites two people who care deeply for one another. If all you get is mindless rutting, then sure, that sucks, but there is more to it than that.
edit on 29-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Appalling grammar failure.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Probably my problem with sex. I haven't been intimate(that's not sex) with anyone for 6 years. Sex should come from intimacy. It seldom comes the other way. The kids these days don't see it that way.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh gawd! Yes!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The hell with the kids. They can do what they like. I'm pissed off that my age group seems to have an entirely casual relationship to the stuff, and I am thirty bloody one. Casual, confused, damaged and blind.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Seconds? Come on man. When a womans eyes are open , but nobody is home, and there are clicking noises coming out of her mouth, you know you did a good job. If you know tou do a good job, you too will be the benefactor, and the release of seratonin will be immense. You will likely roll from orgasm right into a dream state, and a supreme feeling of well being....... If not, you are with the wrong mate........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join