It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitbulls kills 3 day old baby

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Some people are too stupid to exist, IMO. Why are so many Americans too stupid to realize that dangerous things are dangerous? I can't believe that people still defend these monsters in spite of all evidence and common sense. I wonder if anyone will be prosecuted over this? In my city pit bulls are banned and my girlfriend says she saw people protesting against the ban just the other day. Wake up people.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Dogs don't kill people

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I think a lot of it has to do with how the owners treat their dogs. If they abuse them they will become aggressive.

I'm a dog lover and have never owned a pit bull. I know many owners who swear they're sweet dogs. I just wouldn't take the chance owning one. There's too much liability if the dog turns aggressive and bites or kills someone. I know many insurance companies will raise home owners insurance if they know you own an aggressive dog that statistically have been involved in dog attacks.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sad for the kid.

Baffled why people have them dogs .

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If they're "too stupid to exist", shouldn't you be celebrating the elimination of said stupidity from the gene pool?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

People killed that baby not dogs.

You can ban pitbulls, but still people will die because bad owners will have Rottweiler's, after u ban Rottweiler's then they have German Shepherd, so basically you need to ban all dogs.

Instead of banning dogs you can ban yourself together with a bad dog owners. I know people that think dogs kill people and bad dog owners are in huge minority.
edit on 28-6-2016 by saadad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
These were not pure pits, you read that, right?

This is an absolute tragedy, but there sure is a lot of information missing from the story.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Very tragic story! So the Mother thought the dogs were tied up in the yard and left the door to her home open because it was hot. How do you not know if the dogs are tied up in the yard or not? It was the Brother's dogs and he gave them up to the police. He must be feeling pretty horrible over the whole thing with the loss of the baby and his dogs. The Mother must be beside herself with grief.

If I had a three day old infant, I would make damned sure I knew where the dogs were at all times. Very, very sad.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Heh, calls pit bulls monster for killing one person. What about the monsters that are humans. If the owners had any sense this wouldn't have happened. Blame the owners, not the dog.
edit on 28-6-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Of course it is. My first question is why was dog near newborn?

I would not let a Chihuahua go near my kid, hell I don't allow even all people to go near my kid.

Owners of this dog or parents of that poor kid made a deadly mistake. Now is up to judge to find if they are guilty.
edit on 28-6-2016 by saadad because: (no reason given)

link   

Part of the stigma is behind dog fighting, people abusing their dogs to make them better killers, the people training their dogs to be aggressive are the problem, not the poor dogs.

Any dog can be aggressive if not properly trained from a puppy.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Sad for the kid.

Breed doesn't even matter.

Case in point: My daughter was bitten by a relatives Labrador Retriever at a family party years ago when my daughter was about 6 ears old. I was standing there when it happened. She didn't do anything to antagonize the dog. It simply walked up and bit her face.
The dog had always been very docile and labs are a breed that generally are recognized as family and children friendly.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is an unbearably sad story. It was hard for me to view it because i knew what i'd read, god i hate dogs.

Being a Cat person, i can honestly say most 'not all' but most dogs are biters, i know.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Some people are too stupid to exist, IMO. Why are so many Americans too stupid to realize that dangerous things are dangerous? I can't believe that people still defend these monsters in spite of all evidence and common sense. I wonder if anyone will be prosecuted over this? In my city pit bulls are banned and my girlfriend says she saw people protesting against the ban just the other day. Wake up people.

www.yahoo.com...

Why are so many people too ignorant to realize that dangerous people are dangerous?

Ban the Pitbull. Then those abusive dog owners find a new breed to abuse and train to be violent. Then what? You're going to keep banning breeds until there's none left instead of addressing the real problem?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

A lot of it is in the training, but some is in the breeding. If too closley bred, you can have a very sweet dog for a long time and one day it turns around and bites your hand off. Statistically, this seems to happen with pitbulls more. I would never let a pitbull near a baby. There are a lot of tiny, fancy over-bred dogs I would not let near a baby either.

I have worked in a lot of homes with dogs.

One had massive rottweilers, 2 of them. They would be fine with me going about my business. They would allow me to pet them, take treats from me. I would bring them outside (this was when I stilll smoked), and they would following along happily when called. Each and every time though, somehwere around hour 3, they would get mean. Growl for no reason and snap at me. I would have to put them in the yard for the rest of my time there. I was truly scared.

In another home with 1 massive rottweilwer, the dog was a big baby and just easy to be around.

In another house, there were 3 tiny, yippy dogs. They followed relentlessly barking and one actually bit me.

All of the owners were good owners. Spent more money on these dogs for training than most people spend on children. All got great attention from the owners. I think it is more in the breeding.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Pitbull breed, the image conjures up some horrifying images in our minds.

Before we condemn this entire breed, perhaps we should take a look back in history at such.

At one time this was the all American breed of dog, the family pet, common and popular. It was so popular, that it appeared in one of the films of the day, the Our Gang/ The Little Rascals, the dog Pete the Pup.

But there are a few problems that have come to light, and this goes across the entire spectrum. The first is the temperament of the dog. Not all dogs like people or children for that matter, and then there is the mass breeding done on a regular basis, where dogs are bred for their looks or certain traits, but often they come out with some other problems as well. And then there are the other factors, such as temperature of the outside, the hotter the is, the more uncomfortable the dogs will be, and if the animal is not worked with or socialized around children, or is bored, it can be a disaster in the making.

This is a tragedy, but at the same time, one must ask, why did the mother not make sure that the dogs were tied up, double checking on things. It seems like far too often parents are not thinking of their children’s wellbeing, or putting the child as a second thought. And in this case, it appears as though no one knew about the temperament or the nature of these animals.

I own three dogs, and have worked with dogs, have encountered the best of breeds and the worst. And the first rule is you always watch an animal, and get to know its temperament and how well it is socialized, along with always looking for key problems and dangers.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Yea and after they ban all dogs then this bad people would own other deadly pets like snakes. So you need to ban all animals, guess what would then that bad people do? Probably be criminals or bare hand killers.

Problem in story:
1. Dogs were not tied
2. Doors were open
3. You don't leave a 3 days old kid alone even for a second.

I think story is not true, I hope police will investigate deeply.

Also no dog will walk in house and grab kid and all that in 3 seconds, give me a brake if you believe in that.

Also I read dogs will he euthanized, but what about owner?

Also if dogs can do that then this kind of aggression could be noticed before...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Denoli
Sad for the kid.

Breed doesn't even matter.

Case in point: My daughter was bitten by a relatives Labrador Retriever at a family party years ago when my daughter was about 6 ears old. I was standing there when it happened. She didn't do anything to antagonize the dog. It simply walked up and bit her face.
The dog had always been very docile and labs are a breed that generally are recognized as family and children friendly.

It's called a risk assessment , and with 3 day old kids the risks are higher !

And remember all dogs bite !

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Dog's Bite Blog

They do a good job of laying out a timeline of the dog's life here.

Wake up people.

Says it all right there. I read a statistic on the above site...

While pitbulls only account for 6.6% of the u.s. dog population, they account for 82% of fatalities causes by dogs. 41% of those victims were children (mostly boys) under the age of nine.

I can't speak to the accuracy of the data, but really...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Police in Central California say two family dogs killed a 3-day-old baby after her mother left her on the couch and walked away for a few seconds. Fresno Police Sgt. Dan Macias tells the Fresno Bee (http://(link tracking not allowed)/28ZVnQU) the girl's mother had left the door open because it was hot and she thought the dogs were tied up in the back yard.

Link didn't work, have to use the GMA one: See here

It's a horrible tragedy but also blame becomes misplaced when it comes to Breed Specific Legislation(BSL) and overall breed blame. When the cause for these bad dogs, is bad backyard breeders and bad handlers of the dogs.
edit on 28-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join