It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitbulls kills 3 day old baby

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is a lot of ignorance here..... Breeds aren't monsters.

Some are more equipped to do more damage, but it's not the breed itself.

My daughter was bite by a mutt, after she cornered him under a table. He barely scratched her arm and the owners were ready to euthanize, but I begged them not to (which I know a lot of you will say is irresponsible). He was doing what he could to get out. Unfortunately, my daughter was too young to gleen the lesson that you stay out of dogs' personal spaces. I know, this infant didn't invade any dogs' space, and was mauled. I have a baby coming any day now, and I have 2 Doodles. Great family dogs- amazing reputation with kids. Bla bla bla. And I trust the dogs with my life. But they won't have access to the baby. Because they are animals and don't understand. I teach my older kids (though some don't listen so well) that you NEVER know when a dog might snap, what their triggers may be, and you stay out of their faces and give them space.

Though, I will say I trust animals around my kids more than people.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: Zaphod58

When I walk my Pittbull. I hear parents tell their kids not to pet that dog because it's a Pittbull.

Me too! Occasionally, if it's a repeat offender, I'll say very loudly "No, my loves, don't go near those children...you might accidentally lick one of them too hard and rip them to pieces!". Very loudly. Heavy on the horror. And as you know, Pitties are great actors. So they go with it. Hahahahaaa.
edit on 304811America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jun 2016 11:48:35 -050030am30179America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

Though, I will say I trust animals around my kids more than people.

I can see your point. A dog's transgressions will be motivated by simple fight or flight reflexes and are not malicious or devious, and there will be no attempt to conceal.

On the other hand, human beings are capable of a much higher level of treachery.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Hahahahaaa yes, you're right. The ankle biters just don't seem like dogs to me either...they all have a Napoleon complex too, because they know it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: Zaphod58

When I walk my Pittbull. I hear parents tell their kids not to pet that dog because it's a Pittbull.
I've seen people in New Orleans (overall a *very* Pit-friendly city) dive off of the sidewalk to avoid Dozer and be visibly frightened of him. The buckethead isn't dumb, either. He knows they're afraid of him and it visibly hurts his feelings because all he ever tries to do is make friends.

Of course, it doesn't help things that Dozer is near-barkless. I've heard that dog bark 10 times since I've owned him and 9 of those times it was related to french fries.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I like your advise, I will try the no don't get to close to the kids approach lol. The other day I walked her and a mom grabbed her daughter and said that Pittbull will bite you don't pet it.

I told the lady my Pittbull is the kindest

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have rat dog, nobody would blame this little dog for anything because it's small and look harmless but it us the worst kind if dog. You leave him in backyard he would escape because he is escape artist. He have tons of energy and zero fear, he is fearless.

All that in combination leads to that thus dog is 24/7 under surveillance.

But he is the best rat killer.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

It's so sad because Pitties are the best nanny dogs alive. They were used for that exact purpose in the past. They're amazing with kids. But no dog is going to be safe around a brand new baby, regardless of what kind of dog it is. If dogs are not socialized with kids, all that shrieking and jumping and sudden movement can scare a dog badly enough to bite in fear. It's simply lack of common sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Mine wasn't even a year old, and people were staying away from him.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Pitbulls are the most misidentified dog breeds in the US. Any dog that has a head shaped even remotely like a Pitbull head, is identified as one, whether it is or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Pitbulls are the most misidentified dog breeds in the US. Any dog that has a head shaped even remotely like a Pitbull head, is identified as one, whether it is or not.

Yes.
A lot of people claim that they own American Stafforshire terriers..... Staffordshire terriers......American Bulldogs......Bull Terriers.....American Pit Bull Terriers........ they all fall under the pit bull type.
I wonder why there would be any idea that there is confusion?

Wikipedia: Pit bull

The term pit bull is often used loosely to describe dogs with similar physical characteristics, and the morphological (physical) variation amongst "bully breed" dogs makes it difficult for anyone, even experts, to visually identify them as distinct from "non-pit bulls".

So there is reason for them to be 'mis- identified'.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This click bait wouldn't have been posted if it said Shar Pei kills 3 day old baby.

Piss poor propaganda.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
hard to make too many judgments until more info is given. were these dogs properly introduced to the baby with boundries being established right at the beginning? I would bet no..they just kept the dogs roped off in the back instead of training the dogs.

Well, this is a shame. lets hope a lesson is learned..and I am a pitt owner..it is my job to make sure my girl is introduced properly to new things, respects boundries, etc...and always be aware that its a dog, not a machine, so understand I may not know what is going on at all times in her mind...(which is why boundries are critical to establish, but that doesn't excuse not being aware of what is going on even once set).

I love my pitt. she is a old girl now. 17, and once she is gone, thats enough. they are good dogs, but it does require a lot of attention and training. Not a lazy owners dog.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hold up, there are literally HUMANS beheading babies and burning other humans alive and you gotta bash Americans for being stupid? Why not say "dog owners" or those SPECIFIC people instead of an entire nation. Like dog attacks ONLY happen in AMERICA. (%^*&% off

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The different Pit breeds have nothing to do with it. Even shelters misidentify dogs as Pitbulls. In a small study, using 120 dogs of 16 breeds when DNA samples were done, one in three dogs were misidentified as Pitbulls by staff members. Looking at other data, dogs with no Pitbull DNA were identified as Pitbulls almost 50% of the time. I've posted many articles that show how badly the media and even veterinarians misidentify Pitbulls, based on just looking at them.

Through 2011, over 30,000 dogs were tested for various attitudes, including aggression. Pitbulls scored an 86%, with only Goldens scoring higher. Between 2002-2005, 11 dogs with no Pitbull in their DNA were identified as Pitbulls, and 3 were identified as Rottweilers, that clearly weren't, out of 47 attacks.

According to Delise, this dog was reported as a pit bull despite the fact that animal control officers told reporters that she was in fact a Labrador mix…

This kind of misidentification creates a feedback loop, as most studies of fatal attacks rely on media reports for breed identification.

The media’s role in amplifying the public’s fear of pit bull-type dogs was evident in a study conducted by the National Canine Research Council in 2008. When an Arizona woman was killed by one or more dogs identified as Labrador retrievers, one local newspaper reported the story. But that same year, when a California man was killed by one or more pit bulls, the incident was reported “by at least 285 media outlets, both nationally (in 47 U.S. states) and internationally (in eight other countries). MSNBC, Forbes, USA Today, Fox News, CBS News, and ABC News all picked up the story.”

And when an infant in New Jersey was reportedly killed by a Siberian husky, around a dozen local news outlets reported the tragic incident, according to the study. But when another infant was killed by what authorities described as a pit bull in Nevada the same month, it was reported by over 200 media outlets around the world, often with the word “pit bull” in the headlines. Like shark attacks, our perception of the risk associated with these dogs has a lot to do with this kind of sensationalism.

www.salon.com...

The media often immediately prints the sensationalistic articles about the latest pit bull attack but seldom follows up when it’s shown that they were wrong. A recent example was an event in San Clemente CA.

The San Clemente Patch (and others) reported on a man who’s Golden Retriever was attacked by two dogs while walking on a beach trail in San Clemente. In this one article the word “Pit bull” appears 9 times. (Also please note that in the url it says “pit bulls maul rottweiler”, the dog attacked was actually a golden retriever). The man, his daughter and a citizen who stopped to assist were all injured.

It was later found that the dogs were NOT pit bulls. This story had brought up the issue of a “pit bull ban” in San Clemente. At a city council hearing where many people showed up to fight the idea of a ban it was noted that the dogs who attacked were actually a Labrador/Boxer mix and a Bull Mastiff. The San Clemente Times mentioned this fact once, almost in passing and as a sidenote, but still mentioned the words “pit bull” 6 times (including in the url of the article).

alldogsbite.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I live in the uk, and the problem is that people only get these dogs as a fashion accessory. They think they look hard and tough walking with them. These people are idiots mostly. The ones with tattoos on their neck and tattoo writing on the inside of their arms. And of course, have an english flag on their window

Idiots

When i was young, my friends mum had two staffs, and they were fine. This was before it became cool to have them. I do belive its alot to do with the owners.

Saying that, i would never bring a dog into the house with my daughter, who is five now. Having any dog is a danger to young children, even cats.

But sometimes image is more important to people, than their own kids

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And pit bull owners usually try to keep the dogs even after one kills their own kid, which is even more retarded.

Killer dogs like pit bulls should be banned since they are too dangerous in the hands of people too stupid to breathe the air around them if it wasn't autonomic.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
And pit bull owners usually try to keep the dogs even after one kills their own kid, which is even more retarded.

Killer dogs like pit bulls should be banned since they are too dangerous in the hands of people too stupid to breathe the air around them if it wasn't autonomic.

Even the homeless people in brighton (uk) have pitballs

It drives me crazy seeing these idiots with these dogs .

I am not saying all people with pitbulls are like this, but they is a hell of alot in the uk

We call them chavs, the hillbillies of england

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

You'd ban my dog? By the way, Dozer is a Bully, 1/2 Pit Bull and 1/2 English Bulldog

I don't know where you come from but where I come from a bully is a Bull terrier. Bull terriers are also a suspect breed due to their nature and like a pitbull they are unpredictable. My Vietnam Vet friend rescued a bully that was a breeder who was beaten into submission until she could no longer breed;but yet everyone loves her friendly nature, yet my foster family had to give away a bully because it was aggressive and boisterous and a threat to the children despite a friendly environment.

As for Pitbulls? I saw one pup trying to tear the ear of its sibling. Without encouragement. I cannot say too much but lets just say pitbulls are usually a pushers best friend.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is an animal, and it is never bad or wrong for acting within its nature.

It's a bit insane the way people project human morality of right and wrong onto these innocent animals. Yes they know when they did something "wrong" because they smell the change in the owner's body chemistry and have been conditioned to the actions/responses when that chemistry change happens.

The mother made a series of bad choices that ended in tragedy. People need to exercise more common sense when responsible for another life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join