It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy with world's strongest teeth doesn't use fluoride

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

mobile.nytimes.com...

This guy, the mighty atom jr, son of circus performer the mighty atom, can pull a car with his teeth! He's been in the new York times, fox news, America's got talent, daily mail and others. His dad could bite nails in half they say.

But the craziest part, is that he didn't use toothpaste to brush his teeth. And for a guy with the world record of strongest teeth that's remarkable.

He claims he brushes with kosher salt (the guy is a Jew judging by his last name greenstein). Why aren't crest and Colgate making salt toothpaste? The chemical name for kosher salt (sodium chloride)is similar to the name of the active ingredient in toothpaste (sodium fluoride).

Is there a dentist here (who isn't part of the fluoride conspiracy) who can tell us about if this would be good or bad for our teeth? Salt is usually corrosive, but the mighty atom jr claims he uses it and he can pull a car with his teeth, I can't pull a car with my teeth. Should I stick with fluoride?
edit on 28-6-2016 by SpecialSauce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

I asked my dentist, quite some time ago, if it was really needed to brush with fluoride.
his answer, did you as a child, had to bite on a mouth piece with gel?
yes I had to .

well then you got enough fluoride in you're body for the rest of you're life.....

I got great teeth. and try to brush without fluoride.
oh and I was really bad with brushing teeth for years....

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
www.rd.com...

This readers digest article says you can use salt too.
I have trouble believing the mainstream media though, they lie so much. Wouldn't surprise me if the nails his dad supposedly bit in half were made of gallium the metal that melts at body temperature used for spoon bending. Plus, he's a Jew, not saying Jews are bad I just don't know any.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I will begin to test this theory of using Kosher salt immediately. I will report my findings to you in one week.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

OK, if you get a toothache I know for a fact taking 8 ibuprofen will make it go away for a while. I hope it works but I'm skeptical enough to not try it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Baking soda and salt is a common 'tooth powder'.

I think too much Fluoride can make teeth brittle and prone to cracking/fracturing. But I do believe it makes teeth harder. I don't know about stronger.

I think beavers have the strongest teeth, they contain iron.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Thanks but I don't do pain meds. If I get a toothache I will make sure to stop immediately and let you know as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I stopped using tooth paste about 12 months ago. Now I use baking sods and the pain the ache have gone from my teeth.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBwaap

swirling cocnut oil in your mouth and between teeth for 10mins x2 a day is amazing also and cleaning and repariing. weird at first but amazing results.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

swirling cocnut oil in your mouth and between teeth for 10mins x2 a day is amazing also and cleaning and repariing. weird at first but amazing results.

You know, I tried to do that, but couldn't tolerate the oily feeling in my mouth after I'd spit it out. It was horrid. How do people do this??? Bleh.

Good on you for suggesting it to those who are not "oil-mouth-impaired."

- AB

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
dbl post - sorry! Stupid computer....internet....whatever....
edit on 28-6-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Im not surprised. I started looking for flouride free toothpaste a couple years ago. It's not easy to find.

A friend of mine has 'flourosis', I told him the main cause of that is flouride.

I bought a couple boxes of 'flouride -free all natural' Tom's of Maine brand on Amazon. Sadly, came to find it wasn't 'all natural' and had some amount of flouride is in it. I joined in the class action suit and received a check fo just over $20.

After I brush, I gargle with a mix of water, salt and baking soda. My doctor recommended that as I have some persistent dental problems, no matter how many thousands in dental work has been done or how often or well I brush and floss. I have never been particularly fond of sweets, don't chew gum, rarely if ever drink soda. Quit smoking more than 4 years ago.

I might try brushing with warm water and kosher salt, as long as the salt melts, it won't scratch.

I have also nnoticed that gargling with warm salt water takes away toothache pain for several hours and it does so in under a minute.

edit on 28-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

thanks ill go and try that !

and fluoride free toothpaste, ask for toothpaste for kids age 0 to 3 years old.
it should be free of fluoride.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cool i might try it sometime.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The Flouride in water and toothpaste etc. is a toxic by product of nitrate fertilizer production and IT IS NOT, good for you or your teeth, in fact it can weaken bones and enamel.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
This is the toothepaste I have been using since they first made it about a decade ago. I may change the flavor now and then, but It leaves my mouth and breath feeling so so fresh. Then I rinse with generic store brand mouthwash, but first I use a waterpik flosser to get the party started. Two minutes with the floss, two minutes brushing and then a 30 second rinse. I have to be very thorough because all four of my wisdom teeth came in lined up perfectly, and I never even had braces as a kid.

I used the salt method today, no tooth pain thus far, although I dont much care for the taste like if I am washing with the water from the beach lol. Plus, although it feels cleans and smells neutral, I really prefer that minty fresh feeling those mini breath strips leave me with.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
This is the toothepaste I have been using since they first made it about a decade ago. I may change the flavor now and then, but It leaves my mouth and breath feeling so so fresh. Then I rinse with generic store brand mouthwash, but first I use a waterpik flosser to get the party started. Two minutes with the floss, two minutes brushing and then a 30 second rinse. I have to be very thorough because all four of my wisdom teeth came in lined up perfectly, and I never even had braces as a kid.

I used the salt method today, no tooth pain thus far, although I dont much care for the taste like if I am washing with the water from the beach lol. Plus, although it feels cleans and smells neutral, I really prefer that minty fresh feeling those mini breath strips leave me with.

a reply to: 191stMIDET

Fluoride is generated by aluminum, steel, fertilizer factories, coal burning power plants and in the production of glass and cement. Gaseous fluoride and other process waste byproducts have previously been allowed to be expelled through the factory smokestack New environmental regulation now require "scrubbers" atop of smokestacks to remove these toxic chemicals from escaping in the air.

In the past, little attention was paid to the emission of gaseous fluorine compounds in the fertilizer industry. But today fluorine recovery is increasingly necessary because of stringent environmental restrictions which demand drastic reductions in the quantities of volatile and toxic fluorine compounds emitted in the waste gases. These compounds now have to be recovered and converted into harmless by-products for disposal or, more desirably, into marketable products."
-Fluorine Recovery in the Fertilizer Industry, by H. Denzinger, H. Konig & G. Kruger,
Phosphorus & Posassium Magazine, Sept/Oct 1979

These industries would have to pay dearly to dispose of their fluoride if they could not sell it to municipalities for adding to tap water.

"In other words," says William Hirzy, a Senior EPA scientist, "fluoride that otherwise would be an air and water pollutant is no longer a pollutant as long as it's poured into your reservoir. The solution to pollution is dilution and in this case, the dilution is your drinking water."

In 1983 Rebecca Hammer, the Deputy Assistant administrator in EPA's Office of Drinking Water, called fluoridation "an ideal environmental solution to a long standing problem."

I don't know what the big deal is. i have been drinking fluoridated tap water all my life since childhood, and my kids do too. I have read it can cause dental and skeletal flourosis if ingested in excessively high concentration over time. But I have never met an individual that this has happened to in my life, so I doubt that the municipal water supply is a threat. 14 years into my permanent teeth, never a single cavitiy.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

wtf did i do there?? oops

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

nice thank you- in UK we dont have flouride in our water which helps but it is in toothpaste. My mrs uses no floride toothpaste. onwards

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You know, I tried to do that, but couldn't tolerate the oily feeling in my mouth after I'd spit it out. It was horrid. How do people do this??? Bleh. Good on you for suggesting it to those who are not "oil-mouth-impaired."

it really is werid to start with, too scared i might swallow it. I dotn use it al lthe time maybe twice a week. maybe try again when you old and your tastebuds aint the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join