It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy with world's strongest teeth doesn't use fluoride

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Blech, it was certainly not a tasteful experience, but it kept my teeth clean, and actually improved a shade. Overall, I will stick with my Colgate MaxFresh with mini breath strips. No tooth pain though. Still cavity free.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SpecialSauce

Well it makes sense, we've been around for thousands of years before Crest and Colgate showed up. Surely there were natural ways of cleaning the teeth.

One thing I've noticed is a tendency for toothpaste to somehow make my breath smell bad. Growing up, I'd go several months between brushing my teeth, and the complaints about bad breath only came in the short period after brushing. If I stop brushing my teeth for a few weeks, most of the odor in my breath disappears. Then, I brush, and the next day my breath is rancid.
Whether this has something to do with ingredients in the toothpaste, or something like bacterial equilibrium, I don't know.

Wouldn't put it past toothpaste companies adding something like this to boost profits, but I don't exactly subscribe to the idea that they do.

edit on 4/7/16 by SpongeBeard because: conciseness

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

if there is a correlation at all, it would likely be from an ingredient killing off whatever beneficial bacteria in our mouth. Hopefully your habit of not cleaning your mouth for such a stretch of time was only limited to childhood. Dental hygiene is a very important attribute for a persons quality of life. Extreme lack of it can even be fatal.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join