It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUYGENS Titan photos have been altered!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
E_T: Just a sunset being distorted by the atmosphere since it's right at the horizon.

About the Titan photos and photomanipulations in general. I've never really understood the conspiracy of NASA (or the ESA in this case) manipulating photos to hide things. Firstly, they wouldn't have to show the photos. It's as simple as that. If NASA or the ESA were indeed editing photos to hide things, you would not be leaving such "obvious signs of editing" behind. It's not hard to hide something and it's not hard to make it look like it was never touched. If these things that people see were signs of photos being tampered with, NASA and the ESA would seem to have some of the worest (or at least just plain bad) photomanipulators around.

I would think that NASA and the ESA would have so much to gain by finding any sort of life on any planet other than our own. It seems like a lot of people believe that NASA is some faceless, evil organization that's out to hide everything they find or just fake it completely. It really makes no sense and I think that clouds some peoples judgement on there photos when they see something that doesn't look quite right or don't understand. NASA is a civilian organization. The people that work there are just like you and me (except with degrees in science and what not
) And they want the same thing we do. To learn and find out what's out there.

Sorry for the rant, but I just get tired of seeing threads where some one cries out "OMG it's a fake!!!1!" as soon as they see a little glitch of some sort.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The original CNN article and picture were removed as the article refered to frozen boulders. This was infact, incorrect.

How big of a view do you thing you have of Titan here? Its about the size of a pizza box.

Here is a caption to go along with this image:

Icy pebbles are strewn across the landscape in this color image of Titan's surface. The two large objects just below the middle of the image are about 6 inches (15 centimeters, at left) and 1.6 inches (4 cm, center) across, respectively. They lie about 33 inches (85 cm) from Huygens. ESA/NASA/JPL/University of Arizona

Link

There is no consipracy here people. I am sure the artifical lighting is the cause.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by crisko]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
isn't it simply a given that NASA's knee-jerk response is to prevent any proof of extraterrestrial life from ever being sprung on the public?

What sort of idiotic nonsense is this?

Even if we ignore the rather obvious fact that such a discovery would possibly be one of the defining moments in human history, and that by and large the people who actually work on these projects have dedicated their lives to the search and would be unanimously thrilled with such a discovery.

Even if we ignore all the human reasons that would make it near impossible to cover up, even if we take the pessimist route. There is still a massive advantage to all space agencies if such a discovery is made.

Do you think that it will be "oh we discovered life on another world. ok shut down NASA and ESA, they've done their bit"?

Hell no, any such discovery would put cause space budgets to skyrocket. Do you realise how big the excitement would be? There would be a stream of missions to wherever we found life, as well as a massive re-surveying of the solar system. You saw how big the excitement was when the MER mission confirmed that Mars had liquid water in its past, and compared to a discovery of living organisms, thats rather insignificant.

Quite frankly, the pressure is on these people both emitionally and financially to make such a discovery as soon as possible, rather than suppress it.

That being said, one thing noone wants to happen is for an announcement to be made in error of the discovery of life, then having to be retracted. So nothing would be announced unless it is solidly verifiable.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
^Exactly. Remember the Mars rock they found in Antarctica with the supposed fossilized microbes? AH-something-something? That was enormous headline news, even though it turned out to be very iffy.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well said Kano...I couldn't have put it better myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Don't assume the only explanation for a cover up would be proof of organic life.

I admit the bandwidth issue is key in that it creates the need for compression. I submit that the compression effect would not generate this anomalous shadow.

Very interesting the theory that there are no shadows. I am very skeptical about that since the picture of the surface really really looks like there are shadows there...but it may be an optical illusion. This is another planet after all.

I believe you can make out the tiny slice of a shadow over the tops of some of the closer objects. That is to be expected from the light generated by the surface science lamp.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
lol, have we not thought why one would want to fake going to titan? this is the picture they dont want you to see!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
here is the pic that got lifted off the ESA website
Flashget site explorer
wonderful toy...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow, is that a skull??

Are you sure you haven't changed anything?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The picture above with the skull is an obvious joke.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
okay.............i'll bite..................if these photos HAVE been manipulated to change something SO horrific that we can't comprehend.............what do you think NASA is hiding????

a little bitty alien with a sign that says......"i voted for kerry"..........or how about.........OBL is hiding HERE"

sorry ............but i'm not going to jump YET ........i just don't think there's enough info to get all up in arms yet.

but that's MY opinion!!!

angie

E_T

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus
I submit that the compression effect would not generate this anomalous shadow.
Yet again...
ai.fri.uni-lj.si...

Look that page and say it again after that.

Originally posted by PsykoOps
That animated gif is interesting indeed. It seems like there's something moving from about half way up the photo to that rectangular spot...

Somehow it reminds me about snowflakes...

I wonder what methane rain might look... even drops would descend slower because gravity is weaker in there also atmosphere is denser meaning bigger drag.
Remember that it wasn't sure would it land to solid surface and it was assumed it might as well land to liquid methane so it was made to be capable to landing both.

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's obviously a picture of a thermonuclear explosion...
In that case you're going to love this

Originally posted by jra
E_T: Just a sunset being distorted by the atmosphere since it's right at the horizon.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They're hiding much more than just that skull. Ever wondered why the frame is so narrow...?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

1. in this photo there appears to be a "man made" object that should not be in the bottom right hand corner of this photo.
  2. NASA said there were aliens in on March 13, 1996(on day after my a-hole father's birthday(don't ask).)
  3. NASA has been removing/ doctrining photos since the moon landing.
  4. The gov't stopped the majority of the public(w/ the exception of us and the TV show "Unexplained Mysteries" at www.unexplainedmysteriestv.com) that claimed we recieved three or four maybe more singals on our first try in a no "noise" zone.
  5. The mars "photo" from the 20's
  6. Gallieo
  7. And for further information if in the northeast or midwest US go to Half price books and get "Extra-Terresterials Among Us" (Good book, Author cites approx. 85% of information).
  8. Duh-doy! There some sort of archeloglical find in the Titan phot in quetion that they photoshopped all but that small triangle(possibly a piece of small artwork or tools?)

What do ya' think?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The goverment "owns" NASA by what corperations it uses, so yeah that's why NASA keeps it's mouth shut. Oh yeah, that and the riots by Backstreet Boys Fans and ATS fans... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-AAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-I'm scared!(sarcasm)
Dr. Tellmewhattodo: "Run, they know we know that they know that we know that the aliens know they will riot!"
General. iamkissbuttboy: "Really, If we don't stop them I won't become a command general!"
Nick: "Hey AJ! There's aliens!"
AJ: "Great. Your not just a stupid fat dude."
Nick: "Hey, I'm not stupid!"(taking sarcasm too far-sorry.)

Sorry, I need to stop goofying off. Ha ha aha ha ha ma ha ha ha aha ha-just joking.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nevermind the fact you have two light sources in play here. The sun and any light reflected from Saturn. Two light sources......two shadows. And guess what....they might even go in different directions.

Nobody manipulated anything. They may have corrected some color or tint, but the didnt change content. As far as NASA putting up the photo and taking it back down. Makes sense since the photos are part of Huygens which is ESA owned the NASA runs Cassini.

This shadow crap didnt work for Hoagland, it wont work here.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Not sure if this really fits into this sections on ATS but have you guys heard of the cydonia face/pyramids, what do you all think about that. I read a book on it 'Mars Mystery' thought it was pretty cool, but basically by the end of the book it was still undecided if it was just a geological freak accident that created the features, or some comet smashing the planet up and killing the race that was living there. Have any of you heard about it got any thoughts???

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They are so cool, it does obviously provide "proof" to what Eric Van Danicken has been saying since 1965. Especially if you check Inca/Aztec artwork, not only beautiful; but mysterious. And their mythology also supports his theory.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In the book i read, it was a long time ago but im sure it said that the great pyramid on earth can be likened to the one on the pictures sent back from mars as been geometrically identical and if that were true it would be more likely to be a race that built them on mars then earth rather than a freak natural feature thats exactly the same as the great pyramids measurements. I could be wrong dont quote me but im sure it said that.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
ZAMPHIR66, That's a rotten, tasteless plug for your own website. There's no Titan picutre on there. Maybe you should read the TOS. I'm refering to (post id: 1119125). Can we keep things relevant?

[edit on 19-1-2005 by spike]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join