It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ill spport them too. My Theater utilizes Brittish componants from ARCAM. The amp is a 700 watt surround with 7 channels. Super clean. $3500, and I think the DVD player was $2000 plus, but they are the best. The Brittish make good stuff, and they are our brothers, lets support them

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hhhhmmm gotta come up with an idea of what to sell to you guys....signed autographs maybe only 2 bucks each.
(may as well have a go while you lot are in a cheery mood with us).

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
why ?

they gave in to fear and bigotry, now they get to live with it

Usually so right, you are.

Not his time, syrinx.
You're actually very wrong.

This was about autonomy over autocracy.

On topic: nice one Nth. Don't go overboard lol

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My audio interface is British. The company Audient, made it. I use the Audient iD22 as an interface for my microphones/instruments. Good stuff, excellent customer service.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, we have a rather nice bridge over the River Thames...

Seriously, that's such a sweet thought. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
amazing to see so many of you lending a hand, hope ats puts op on twitter an makes it go viral, how bout a hashtag?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
#BuySomethingBritish lets show em were united without restrictions

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Keep those suggestions coming!

I'm an idiot and forgot I had a date tonight before I started the thread.

So. I'll be back in a bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I also want to add that this morning the fellas and I were talking about what happened last night and how much we supported our brothers/sisters across the pond. We all "felt bad" that even though in the long run everything would work out fine, there would be some short term pains.

I'm actually feeling a little stupid (and embarrassed) that I didn't think of your idea on my own this morning.

Better late than never so.... Corrected: Group text sent out to my crews. I don't use Facef-ck, I mean Facebook often but I broadcasted this on there as well.

Run with this idea NthOther. Run with this idea EVERYONE.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I love your idea, just bought an Allen & Heath 22 channel board a couple months ago (analog, of course!).
Really need something else made in Britain though? Hmmmmm....
Don't have the resources to buy a Dingwall bass (dammit!)
Gotta think on this, I play bass and have a recording studio so maybe you can find a good suggestion.
Orange amp might be nifty!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've been shopping online and buying stuff out of the UK for years.

The shipping costs from the UK to Canada is actually less than half of what it costs to buy something out of the US and shipped to Canada.

Go figure.

I can't count how many merino wool sweaters I've bought from Ireland.... warmest dang sweaters I've ever had (and the aromatic smell of sheep manure is just an added bonus) and perfectly suited for our crazy winters here in the Great White North.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
My audio interface is British. The company Audient, made it. I use the Audient iD22 as an interface for my microphones/instruments. Good stuff, excellent customer service.

Indeed. Audient is top end gear from all I've read.
Pricey too.
I actually own the website Theaudients.com. lol!
Was gonna name our band that then changed it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Gin Whiskey Whisky and Beer.

And Champagne!

... no joke, the champagnoise have been buying up land in Sussex because it's the same chalk seam that runs under the channel as pops up again in Paris and Champagne.

And with the change in climate, south of england is having a renaissance for "quality sparkling wines", seemingly now offering a climate less affected by the sharp spring frosts that are the boundary maker.

Cooler climate is essential to fine sparkling wine production, hence why champagne is found in the north of france; its about retention of acidity in the ripening grapes mostly; but not entirely - god I hope that sleeper's reading this : )

Lots of producers but Nytimber and Camel Valley in Cornwall are good starting points...

edit on 24-6-2016 by f4andHALFtoads because: clarity of the words for the idea

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Yup, I run an Avalon M5 mic preamp into it, bypass the mic pres and use their fantastic ADC's into my DAW.

I used to have a pair of A&H Xone 53 DJ headphones. I don't think they're actually made in the UK, I know my iD22 is actually made, tested, and packed someplace in the UK. The handful of times I've emailed them with questions, they've responded within 24 hours and then followed up a week or two later to make sure I was still doing OK.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Our gunsmiths (yes gunsmiths
) are second to none!!.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I suppose I could buy some Marmite. I like the stuff.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
looks like #BuyBritish been trending

#BuyBritish

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh. My combs are from the UK. I use Kent hair combs. They're the bomb. Seriously, buy one and you'll never want to use those cheap black plastic ones from the drugstore ever again. They're handmade apparently and you can get a nice one for less than $10.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Got a link....?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
does scotch count, seeing how they voted to stay.
any way i love that stuff, all kinds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join