It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I ordered the August 2016 issue of Metal Hammer right before the £ started dipping... I did my part

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Does a hooker count?

Anything that stimulates their... markets. I suppose that would include "black" or clandestine ones too (the markets, not the hookers).

While I don't condone prostitution, it's nights like the one I've just had that sometimes make me consider reconsidering.

Yikes. I digress.

But thanks for the ideas, everyone. I think Mystik just made my holiday gifting a lot easier. Nice stocking stuffers there.

edit on 6/25/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
And this was announced on independence day...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

4000 jobs to be created. Real jobs, not bull# zero hours ones. What great news.
edit on 07pSat, 25 Jun 2016 02:45:07 -050020162016-06-25T02:45:07-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
why ?

they gave in to fear and bigotry, now they get to live with it

Went out for a few beers with one of my oldest friends last night, I don't know why but I always thought he would have voted to leave (he didn't, he voted to remain) and for some reason he thought I would vote to leave (I didn't, I voted to remain) and we both got very drunk thinking how the bigots won. I really must dust off my Spanish, we are seriously going to be in a mess here sooner than we think.

Oh, if you are American and reading this, plenty of people seem to think we are going to get a bumbling bigoted idiot with a seriously bad blonde train wreck of a haircut leading our country - I hope we don't make that mistake and I hope you don't either.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
That's a hell of a great gesture and, as a Brit, I'm grateful for all the support you folks are showing us.
Thanks.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Is gin British?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: NthOther

As a good son of Scotland displaced in the States....

I am pounding the Rusty Nails.... in celebration of BREXIT!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

WHERE'S MORE DRAMBUIE!!!!

Slainte Mhath!!!!!!!

Well you must be quite stupid, Scotland voted hugely in favour of remain, engage brain before posting - always a sensible move. Of course it's more than likely Scotland will now divorce itself from the UK, potentially also Northern Ireland and I don't blame either.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Gordons gin is British made by royal decree

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Marshall, Vox and Laney. Bless you Brits!

Eh....

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I had been planning on ordering Morgans Pomade for months. It has RAVE global reviews. The BREXIT vote, and this thread, compelled me to finally place the order this evening!

REF: www.morganspomade.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Write a letter to your congress people to put us to the front of the trade deal queue not at the back
Screw Obama!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Wow!

I really appreciate this thread and the sentiment behind it.

It's nice to know we actually have some support from our American cousins and even other Europeans, shame the same can't be said for my fellow Scots who have thrown another hissy fit just as they did when they lost their indy ref.

The Scottish people seem to be the most politically confused folk on the planet right now - to be quite frank I'm pretty disgusted by a lot of them...not so much Scotland the brave as Scotland the ungrateful, Scotland the selfish and Scotland the insecure.

Nice to know some folk have our backs on this one...I have to laugh about how a nation that tinks it wants independence is so hellbent on being part of this shambles.

It might cost a little more but, for the most part, British made tends to be of reasonably good quality. I had one of those pedals...but I'm guilty of trading my Marshall amp for a Peavey...not sure where they're made but it's a beautiful amp - also, 2 of my guitars are American made.

I feel more loyalty to the English and American people than I do my fellow Scots right now, I'm grateful for the support from you guys it has been quite overwhelming.

Much obliged - S&F.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
looks like #BuyBritish been trending

#BuyBritish

wow...some of the comments over there are inspiring.

In the end it's all that's needed. Just trade. Since my country joined the EU we've been forbidden to advertise support buying domestic products. Domestic has become a dirty word.

True value was always in your own backyards.

You go Brits !!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Write a letter to your congress people to put us to the front of the trade deal queue not at the back
Screw Obama!

He should be extending his hand in friendship, maybe not to Cameron as he's leaving but to the British people. This is an opportunity for both our countries to forge solutions on how to make ourselves economically and industrially independent again.

But "independent" is a dirty, stinking word to his fold.

Well. We want to trade with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I`m really happy for our British cousins over there, from here in Australia.

Great thread and I will no doubt be looking to buy some British products.

Kick butt Briton!
edit on 25-6-2016 by gps777 because: beta grandma

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Forbidden - that's outrageous.

I'm going to guess that all the 'forbidding' had more to do with people voting Out than the xenophobia we've been accused of.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Forbidden - that's outrageous.

It is actually against some law to write "buy Croatian !!!" on an advertisement or to promote bias towards domestic products.

It's a free market thingy...me likey...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply
Wow!

I really appreciate this thread and the sentiment behind it.

It's nice to know we actually have some support from our American cousins .

American Cousins?......They #ing shot you and chased you out of the Country because they couldn't stand your egotistical bull# either ffs. Hahahaha

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That's a really shallow way of looking at it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Thanks.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Piss off about independence day. Victory for the stupid sounds quite good though.

Anyway, even though over 100,000 people had petitioned for a re-vote by mid day yesterday, we are stuck with it now.................... I hope you can tell your grand kids in 3 years time how proud you were to have voted how you did - not like they will have anything else to do apart from listening to you wittering on.

Awwwww democracy doesn't mean everyone agreeing with you, you know. Suck it up cup cake.

You may feel butt hurt, the majority of Brits are looking forward with optimism.

And if I have grandkids in 3 years there is gonna be trouble in my house.

Got another night of partying ahead with people who also love the fact we freed ourselves from the EU
edit on 51pSat, 25 Jun 2016 04:02:51 -050020162016-06-25T04:02:51-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join