It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy Something British!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Perhaps some of us find it hard to hold a grudge for hundreds of years.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I agree with you 100% on buy British. It use to be that British was best in any case.

Where we can we will support british industry and production. Hopefully with the money we save from not paying into the EU we will be able to force the banks to invest in industry in this country. We will have to see if the banks are used to punish us and then deal with them because a lot of bankers should actually be behind bars in any case and there is no time limit for punishing crime.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I should say also that I look forward to continuing to enjoy my zippo, my Strat, my sportster, NZ lamb, Aussies shiraz, Californian chardonnay, Canadian maple syrup, American IPA, Caribbean rum and chillies and many other things from both the Commonwealth and the US
edit on 51pSat, 25 Jun 2016 04:09:51 -050020162016-06-25T04:09:51-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 30pSat, 25 Jun 2016 04:10:30 -050020162016-06-25T04:10:30-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Mmm Ive been looking for a good straight razor, any suggestions from the UK?

Other than that, ill have to think on it... but I will definitely try to buy UK while im over seas.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I've never been shot...ever!

You remind me of my fellow Scots...banging on about some ruck that took place some centuries ago. When, exactly...does the bitterness end?

It ends when people like me and you stop bleating on about it like it happened yesterday.

It's 2016, mate.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Perhaps some of us find it hard to hold a grudge for hundreds of years.

Hear, hear!

I see this a lot, on both sides.

All Brits have bad teeth, all A ericans are obese. I see it from both sides quite often, particularly here on ATS.

But it's petty and I laugh at it, I've no qualms with the folks stateside, whatsoever. We've more in common than we care to admit sometimes.

But this thread ain't about that, this thread is about optimism, it's a positive thread. I refuse to let bitter folk derail it.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Mmm Ive been looking for a good straight razor, any suggestions from the UK?

Other than that, ill have to think on it... but I will definitely try to buy UK while im over seas.

Sheffield used to be the place for getting a good razor, I'm not sure anyone here makes them any more.

In the spirit of new co operation with our European neighbours though, I will say that my favourite razor was made in Solingen, Germany. By a company called Dovo.
I doubt you'll find a better straight razor anywhere else in the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I should say also that I look forward to continuing to enjoy my zippo, my Strat, my sportster, NZ lamb, Aussies shiraz, Californian chardonnay, Canadian maple syrup, American IPA, Caribbean rum and chillies and many other things from both the Commonwealth and the US

Good thing Obama and his stupid "trade queue" will be long gone by the time the exit is finalized and effective (if it isn't sabotaged by then).

One of the top priorities of the new administrations (both US and UK) should be to work out a new, kick-ass mutually beneficial trade deal (I'm assuming it's all going to have to be reworked in some manner or another, although I'm neither a lawyer nor an economist, thank God) which encourages growth in production and manufacturing for both countries, and to the detriment of neither.

And energy, of course.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
indeed guys...all of you UK based...I would like to contribute to the cause...I dont have money to burn..but still...

I dont need anything in particular...but maybe some suggestions on UK products...that I can order online or something.

Some electronics maybe or something for growing...plants...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yeah, it'll be a balancing act between what is good for big business and what is actually just good.

One day I'd like to see an arrangement of free trade and easier travel between commonwealth countries and the US. I think we all have too much in common to be distant from each other. Not so much a new world order as an acknowledgement that we are generally on the same side of most world issues.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Made in UK

Toasters (the stainless ones) www.dualit.com...
Ceramics www.churchill1795.com...
Kettles www.simplex-kettles.com...
Cars www.arielmotor.co.uk...
Training shoes www.newbalance.co.uk...
Guns www.westleyrichards.com...
Hi fi www.gramophone.co.uk...
Waxed jackets www.barbour.com...
Whistles for sports
www.acmewhistles.co.uk...
Motorcycles www.triumphmotorcycles.com...
Record players Made in England www.rega.co.uk...
Record players made in Scotland www.linn.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Wife reminded me about this gent..

If you know people into Renaissance faires, SCA, LARPing...

Black Raven Armory

His work is amazing...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

A free pouch pattern also just what I need

Also in the same vein...

www.armourclass.co.uk...

My next sword will be one of these.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Great thread!

My next vacation will be in Britain, not London though. I've had enough of what's going on there, have been there many times with my family and it's atmosphere has changed and has lost it's magic for me. Maybe stay in the Lake District or maybe Cornwall? Time to explore. I'll look at a map for the areas that voted out and that's where i'll spend the most.

STM

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I'm biased but I'd heartily recommend a trip to Perthshire up here in Scotland,it's a beautiful place, particularly during the summer.

I used to go camping there as a boy. Also, you can't beat Glasgow if you're into shopping, art and a bit of culture.

I agree on London, I used to live ther but it's a totally different place now. I was actually told to leave a barber shop because I was white...literally.

That was the last straw for me, shame because I love the English people, it's not so mu ch the people that are the problem as I think it's the density of the population there.

It's became quite a grubby city in places, there are still some lovely parts to London and the majorityof the folks are decent, just very cramped - travelling is an absolute nightmare.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Great thread!

My next vacation will be in Britain, not London though. I've had enough of what's going on there, have been there many times with my family and it's atmosphere has changed and has lost it's magic for me. Maybe stay in the Lake District or maybe Cornwall? Time to explore. I'll look at a map for the areas that voted out and that's where i'll spend the most.

STM

Pick somewhere near the M5 motorway and your access to Cornwall and the North will be a breeze.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Thanks for the tips. I've been to Scotland many times, my last visit was a couple of years ago for my niece's wedding in Glasgow. I'd love to go back but they voted remain. Think I'll give it a pass for now. If ever down the road Scotland gets the Pro-Britain stance I'll start visiting again.

STM

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Good thing is also a couple of hours drive and you can get just about anywhere...even trains are not that bad.
York is worth a visit and the east coast.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: nullafides

Riiight...in opposition to the majority of Scots.

You know what?

With the exception of Derrik W. Dick, and the rest of the lads from Marillion....

I say nuke the bastards if they have a problem with it!!!!!!!

I'll let that comment stand for itself, you arse. Easy words that are cheap for stars, but no sense of anything cognisant to the actual citizens of Scotland.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Thanks! I'm thinking of renting a house close to a town with good train access, good markets and then exploring on day trips via train. I'll take any tips y'all give me and add them to my list of where to go and what to try. My family splashes a lot of cash and this time I'll try to focus on the businesses and areas that are leave oriented. Buy British is my new motto, great thread!

STM
edit on 25-6-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join