It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parlement says "NO" to BREXT? + No NRA = HA HA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

No, I do not take it wrong at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
What happens if the Parliament says, the rain kept people at home, and enough people voted to stay in the EU, and we think that's the best for the UK...so....we are staying.

What would the majority do, you sold out your gun rights.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA You think a mob of people with small arms could take on the British military? They would be slaughtered. If you think people with guns is any protection against a government with a semi competent military then you are must have never heard of things like tanks, APC, IFVx, bombers, mortors, Artillery, cruise missiles, drones, attack helicopters, etc. If fact an unarmed group stands a better chance because soldiers do not like to shoot unarmed civilians and would likely change sides, an armed group they would slaughter as soon as the first idiot with hand guns took a shot at them.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
So now you are Out of the EU.
Now what?

Celebrate our independence.

Then we'll get on with our lives without interference from Brussels.

I'll bet the MEP's arses are nipping, we just stopped their gravy-train.

Edit: Oops sorry guys, I thought i'd posted in a Brexit thread not a 'guns' thread. Apologies.
edit on 24-6-2016 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yes, we had one of those once. The federalists vs. the anti-federalists. Brothers against brothers. More men died in that war than any other. Different weapons, different time.

It was an ugly war that nearly destroyed the nation, and took several generations to overcome.
edit on 24-6-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Some of us have started training already see my post on page 1.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
a reply to: MrSpad

Yes, we had one of those once. The federalists vs. the anti-federalists. Brothers against brothers. More men died in that war than any other. Different weapons, different time.

It was an ugly war that nearly destroyed the nation, and took several generations to overcome.

Did one side have "tanks, APC, IFVx, bombers, mortors, Artillery, cruise missiles, drones, attack helicopters, etc."?

I bet they didn't.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

You are right. It was a few years before they existed. Both sides were well equipped. The winning side had the telegraph though.

History teaches us nothing at all, except that history teaches us nothing at all.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What happens if the Parliament says, the rain kept people at home, and enough people voted to stay in the EU, and we think that's the best for the UK...so....we are staying.

Funny thing about us brits.

when there is some kind of difference of opinion we dont start shooting each other so we dont need guns to settle our differences or grievances.

Additionally it won't happen.

But well done turning Brexit into a gun debate.

Short memory, huh?

British lawmaker Cox was killed because of her political views, husband says

Seems to me Brits and Americans are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Funny thing about us brits.

when there is some kind of difference of opinion we dont start shooting each other so we dont need guns to settle our differences or grievances.

Additionally it won't happen.

But well done turning Brexit into a gun debate.

Short memory, huh?

British lawmaker Cox was killed because of her political views, husband says

Seems to me Brits and Americans are two sides of the same coin.

How do you know she was killed, though? Were you there? Did you see the body?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre

That's a very good point.

Brexit may never have happened. I do know that the markets did move though.

But, maybe the story was all created just to move the markets.

Sometimes I wonder about these things.

What is truth?

Nevertheless, sometimes it's fun to pretend that the news reports contain some truth.

Then, we have to play detective, and figure out which parts of the news is likely true, and which parts are filler and misdirection.

We know a major purpose of news is "misdirection" -- "There are Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq"

The trick is to figure out you're being misled for some purpose or other, and see through the machinations of the sorcerers to find the pearls of truth hidden in all the reports.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

That's a very good point.

Brexit may never have happened. I do know that the markets did move though.

But, maybe the story was all created just to move the markets.

Sometimes I wonder about these things.

What is truth?

Nevertheless, sometimes it's fun to pretend that the news reports contain some truth.

Then, we have to play detective, and figure out which parts of the news is likely true, and which parts are filler and misdirection.

We know a major purpose of news is "misdirection" -- "There are Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq"

The trick is to figure out you're being misled for some purpose or other, and see through the machinations of the sorcerers to find the pearls of truth hidden in all the reports.

Maybe you should fly over to Britain with a magnifying glass and inspect the voting ballots

Or maybe Britain doesn't exist at all? Who knows? Maybe this post doesn't exist and you're just imagining it?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Or maybe Britain doesn't exist at all? Who knows? Maybe this post doesn't exist and you're just imagining it?

Yes, well, I try not to go too deep into the rabbit hole.

But, I recognize alot of imagination is being used all around.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA You think a mob of people with small arms could take on the British military? They would be slaughtered. If you think people with guns is any protection against a government with a semi competent military then you are must have never heard of things like tanks, APC, IFVx, bombers, mortors, Artillery, cruise missiles, drones, attack helicopters, etc. If fact an unarmed group stands a better chance because soldiers do not like to shoot unarmed civilians and would likely change sides, an armed group they would slaughter as soon as the first idiot with hand guns took a shot at them.

I know right... Gun rights.

I have always enjoyed reading your point of view especially when it comes to military capability, honestly. You seem like a person who prides himself on being informed and you have always been honest from what I tell. Only recently noticed you became a mod but anyway...

People get thick and although we have come a long way since conscription and militaries have done a lot of work to be relevant in the 21st century we still have people who think owning a gun and a keen eye will protect you from a government and military that has went rogue. Nah, people should educate themselves, maximum effect. A few thousand bullets raining at you a minute would be weak and the least of your problems.

People can buy tanks in the US but most militaries have single rounds of ammunition that could make a bad day of said tank... It's highly unlikely to happen, a military declaring war upon it's people but if it did, God help those people.

We all have bad days

Was a really silly song I wanted to post by Electric Six called Gun Rights but it ain't happening.
edit on 24-6-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A large enough group of dedicated PEACEFUL protesters could change the minds of any political class.

It just takes the right nudge, the right wink, the right nod, the right words.

Guns are a means to an end. They are a tool, in the case you describe, for when politics fail. You want to "skip the politics" though. They are not a tool with which to begin discussions.

This is why many see Americans as "reckless", shall we say (to be kind). They tend to debate a topic backwards, especially politics and religion. Rather than opening with "this is my opinion on the topic", many American's open with "AHHH, scorched earth, apocalypse, taking our rights/guns/freedoms, over my dead cold fingers". Even if the topic is as simple as "what color to paint a room".

just my .02 American.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No guns do not kill people.
Bullets do.

However I will concur that a crazy person needs to be involved.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No guns do not kill people.
Bullets do.

We don't really need a license for guns then.

All we need is a license for the bullets.

Additionally, each bullet should have its own serial number.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join