It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parlement says "NO" to BREXT? + No NRA = HA HA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What happens if the Parliament says, the rain kept people at home, and enough people voted to stay in the EU, and we think that's the best for the UK...so....we are staying.

What would the majority do, you sold out your gun rights.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"Well I say lad, poor show, poor show indeed."

That's about it really. it's the British way after all.

They'd be absolutely slaughtered in the general election though.
edit on -050012am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
What happens if the Parliament says, the rain kept people at home, and enough people voted to stay in the EU, and we think that's the best for the UK...so....we are staying.

Funny thing about us brits.

when there is some kind of difference of opinion we dont start shooting each other so we dont need guns to settle our differences or grievances.

Additionally it won't happen.

But well done turning Brexit into a gun debate.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

We smashed the french with Long bows at Agincourt when all bets where off... I would actually file a claim for miss representation and if someone stated they voted out and it was not up held I would request damages of many £££££...

RA
edit on 24-6-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
And if we hadn't "sold out our gun rights" what do you think we'd all do exactly? Storm Westminster? Sorry but we have a different mindset where we believe and understand that not everything is settled with a bullet

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

America still has its guns and despised Bush Jnr throughout his 2nd term. You've hated Obama for his 2nd Term too. In the 60s, the public wanted out of Vietnam.

Exactly what have your guns done for you when your politicians and Presidents go against the public?!

Sweet FA.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

And what would having guns solve? Because we disagree means we...what? Shoot people? Are you insane?
edit on 24-6-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's posts like this that make us Americans look like a bunch of ignorant, gun worshipping weirdos.

I really like my guns, don't get me wrong... And I honestly cannot articulate why your post sits so bad with me, but it does. It just comes off as ignorant, and there is nothing I dislike more.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Funny thing about us brits.

when there is some kind of difference of opinion we dont start shooting each other so we dont need guns to settle our differences or grievances.

Well that's what we did a few centuries ago, and wouldn't you know it, we won our independence and created a new country.

I believe that's what the OP was eluding to.
edit on 24-6-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Funny thing about you Brits.

You started the United States revolutionary war when you fired upon militia men while trying to takeaway their arms.

You brits are the reason the right to bear arms was the most important right to be constitutionality protected, right after free speech which you Brits also have a habit of stifling.
edit on 24-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
..right after free speech which you Brits also have a habit of stifling.

Ah yes. I forgot. US the doesn't ever do that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I don't hate the people I disagree with. I personally wanted us to stay, but I was on the wrong side. We will all now get on with what we have to do. That is what happens when you have a referendum, you abide by the result, are you projecting your fears onto our country here?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You are so right with that statement. Unfortunately, it will fall on deaf ears...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
We don't need guns to march down there and hang the bastards If they attempt to screw wit the result....Look I bought a sword

(not sharp btw using it for HEMA and stage fighting).

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

As a British gun owner, I love my guns. Don't get it twisted, I don't want to shoot anybody. I'm sick of this ridiculous argument. Guns don't kill people, people kill people...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

You can have all the guns in the world but the USA shown its lost its balls and guns are just useless lumps of metal without the will to stand up for yourselfs.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It's always easy and fun to imagine how different things would be when it's someone else who is dealing with a situation. But in reality it's still just imagining.

Everyday Government screws millions of gun owners out of this, that and the other while making them pay for it too and nobody does a thing about it.

All the tough guy gun owners who go on and on about how their guns keep government in line are living in an imagined fantasy world where they're some kind of hero with their gun by their side. But in reality they do about as much Government Regulation as anyone in the UK without a gun does.

If you really think having your gun around is somehow scaring off the Government from stealing from you from every possible direction I'd love to know how because from what I can tell, gun or no gun, nobody is keeping the Government in check anymore than people across the pond are keeping their Parliament in check.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Fine. But that's not the issue.

The OP made it very clear that when a decision we aren't happy with is put to us, *and* we don't have guns - what then?

The implication and assumption is, guns would be a means to an end. Otherwise, why mention we don't have the right to bear arms like Americans do?

It wasn't an innocuous comment - it was a deliberate attempt to imply guns would make us stronger, more resilient.

And I disagree with that implication.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No matter how much members state British people have a right to own guns you will always have the ignorant saying "You Brit's gave up your gun rights!

You need to prove what it would be used for e.g sports, hunting.

Background checks to make sure your not a loon

References

Inspection of where you will store gun and ammunition.

Guess what, for the most part it works... Plenty of guns here and plenty of owners. Very rarely a legal gun owner shoots a person. Don't be an ignoramus.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join