It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parlement says "NO" to BREXT? + No NRA = HA HA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yup thats why we have a local gunsmith shop near me.
Guns are just not ingrained in UK daily life maybe in the sticks and stuff I just don't think some have any idea of what other countries are actually like.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
I disagree with that implication too. However, I dread the day that Americans lose their 2nd ammendment. The 2nd ammendment maintains a balance for the whole of the western aligned world.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

As I'm against The British leaving the EU , I sure am against neglecting the voters rights!
They did that to us too , and I really hate that , why set up a referendum if it doesn't means s#^t..?
edit on 0b59America/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 02:39:59 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 24 Jun 2016 02:39:59 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Seriously? Just stop.

Is school out already?

It's posts like this that give gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters like me headaches. 'cause it's not me the anti-2nd folks quote, it's numbskullish posts/quotations like this one.

Now I've got a headache...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I suppose that's a point.

I'm certainly not proposing American's should lose/remove/give up their right to bear arms - it's not my business and neither should I have a right in that decision.

But I disagree that a gun is needed in daily life in Britain (in the same way people in some parts of the US have an open-carry right).

Hunting, recreation, military, police -- fine. Your average "Love Island" teletubby? No.

And certainly not AR-15s or other military grade weapons. Apart from mass killing there is no justifiable civilian requirement for such a piece of lethal equipment.

edit on 24-6-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

But that's real steel.😃 I can see it from here.

We British use our fists. We need no guns. We have our weapons with us at all times. Only cowards bring guns to a fist-fight.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
It's posts like this that make us Americans look like a bunch of ignorant, gun worshipping weirdos.

I really like my guns, don't get me wrong... And I honestly cannot articulate why your post sits so bad with me, but it does. It just comes off as ignorant, and there is nothing I dislike more.

I am sorry for you average but selfthinking US citizens, the educated ones!!!
Your first sentence says it all!!!

I know not less US citizens, some living here in germany. They are well informed. They don´t feel threatened or naked running through europe, germany, cologne without a gun, without being in fear the whole time of getting shot, by whoever.

And that you like your guns, no problem. I shot too, several times, several guns, up to a shotgun.
And it was FUN!!!
We shot in the forrest, or on a lonely field, ready to escape if the cops show up, because that becomes expensive, or you even go to jail maybe. All of these guns were in hand of private persons, and i bet not one of them was legal. Many people here have guns, you wouldn´t believe who. Many elder people. Sports shooters. Women. Sure any Gangsters.
But we don´t kill each other for nothing. We don´t solve problems with guns, but with words. If it comes hard, then with fists. After that we drink a beer with each other and laugh about our stupidity.

It`s really not the guns that kill people, it´s people. The USA has a problem with it´s society, with it´s education, there is a lack of empathy for other people. You became what "they"(who profit from egoistic consumers) try to turn the people into, everywhere in the western world, into egoists. But in the US it´s overarmed egoists...

For sure not all the US citizens, but it´s a lot. We have too much egoists here too, but the mentality seems different, we just don´t kill each other in that numbers US citizens do.

Since i saw western movies as a child, i wanted to visit the USA. Love the nature there, the landscapes. But grown and more wise, as sad as it is, i am afraid to travel to the USA. Why should i put my life in danger and pay for it?

It´s sad, i feel bad for you average educated and selfthinking US citizens, but just try to educate those who think they can solve every problem with killing other humans!
Good luck!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I am an average self thinking us citizen.

And I live in a free country where one third of its population owns guns.

You miss the point. It is our right in this nation to hold guns legally.

We dont have them to "have fun shooting in the forest" and we dont worry about fleeing the cops. At least the responsible ones. Yes, we got some bad guys here. We arent alone either in this world. But I for one feel much safer here knowing I, or anyone around me that carries, can protect ourselves from any fool that dare threaten in kind.

My forefathers fought hard for our rights. Gun rights, freedom of speech, and general freedom that almost all other countries cannot compare to.

So yes, born here, you would feel differently. But born elsewhere and watching CNN, you may not know the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
can protect ourselves from any fool that dare threaten in kind.

But, in all honesty - how many people (ie: civilians) in the US who carry guns are actually *capable* of defending themselves or others properly?

Please don't take that the wrong way - I'm not disrespecting you or trying to cast dispersions about you or your ability.

Yet this is what I and I think many non-Americans always ask. I can understand Police, Military, Security forces and so on can do this adequately as they have been professionally trained (yes I know, take that with a pinch of salt!) to handle themselves and others in dangerous or combat situations using firearms.

But your average citizen, though enthusiastic and keen, will have done gun safety courses and range shooting. Would that person be able to handle a complex and tense and often very fast situation with a weapon?

I know there are instances where it does happen but... I don't know. I think this is what a lot of us on the outside looking in wonder.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They'd be absolutely slaughtered

You could have put a period right there. Like I said in another thread that hinted at this..Can you imagine what would happen if they tried that?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It would make what Guy Fawkes tried to do, a trifle.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Without getting too far off topic, many of us who conceal carry, put in hours and hours of training, in all sorts of scenarios. Not all, by any means, but most of us take carrying a weapon as the extremely serious responsibility it is and train to fulfill that responsibility.
Some of us at the cost of our own lives if need be.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So now you are Out of the EU.
Now what?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Let's start with no more European soccer

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: thinline
What happens if the Parliament says, the rain kept people at home, and enough people voted to stay in the EU, and we think that's the best for the UK...so....we are staying.

What would the majority do, you sold out your gun rights.

Funny thing about us brits.

when there is some kind of difference of opinion we dont start shooting each other so we dont need guns to settle our differences or grievances.

Additionally it won't happen.

But well done turning Brexit into a gun debate.

LOL - You don't shoot each other because you can't shoot each other without guns. I'm waiting for the day you Brits bring back Knights - True Knights - Not this Elton John, Roger Moore knighthood crap.

I want to see sword and jousting tournaments.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire

LOL - You don't shoot each other because you can't shoot each other without guns. I'm waiting for the day you Brits bring back Knights - True Knights - Not this Elton John, Roger Moore knighthood crap.

I want to see sword and jousting tournaments.

What is it with ignorant, arrogant Americans trying to claim that countries like Britain and Australia "don't have guns"?

It's the biggest load of bovine fecal matter I've ever heard.

A simple Google search and 5 minutes of research would prove to these people that their claims are totally false, are they incapable of doing such a simple thing? Apparently so.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
originally posted by: thinline
What happens if the Parliament says, the rain kept people at home, and enough people voted to stay in the EU, and we think that's the best for the UK...so....we are staying.

What would the majority do, you sold out your gun rights.

Funny thing about us brits.

when there is some kind of difference of opinion we dont start shooting each other so we dont need guns to settle our differences or grievances.

oh really???

Dueling in the british isles

i know the last english duel was in the 1850s, but still
edit on 24-6-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What do you think there's no guns in Britain?

Besides even if parliament did such a thing they'd get their asses handed to them come elections.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Wow. Congrats on bringing up stuff from over 100 years ago that has nothing to do with the modern world.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I gotta tell ya man, projecting American issue onto other nations doesn't make any sense.

There are SO MANY different reasons to consider other options. British culture hasn't been revolutionary for a very, very long time. To the opposite, they actually spent more time crushing revolutionaries rather than embracing them.

Britain is extremely good at maintaining its independence via the ballot box. The last group of people to truly challenge British independence were the Nazis. It didn't go well for them. It's not like they lost that fighting spirit. It's that they channel it with less blood.

Americans still have revolution in our blood, our culture, and even our founding documents. There's a reason we reserved the right to the bloody instruments of revolution and rightly so. In contrast To Britain I think it works for us and we should retain that right. A US dictatorship would be extremely destructive to the rest of the world in ways we can't imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join