It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Brexit Certain Global Economic Collapse Imminent.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Ohanka

So the worlds fifth largest economy, does something unexpected . Its currency falls, it has leant a lot of money in backing up shaky economies. Their could be a domino effect that kicks an already fragile world economy into the next crash. The fun times never end.

if it all were to crumble that easily then it can only mean it is no sturdier then a house of cards, and ought to be torn down and rebuilt stronger anyhow...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Now that Briexit, will Texas exit the union?

Given that trends tend to develop this way with copycat patterns in all things relating to men.

Remember Arab Spring, when the states starting popping one by one after another.

The dominoes have started falling.

Maybe Quebec will vote to leave the Canada union too.

This must perk all the union leavers up a bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So the Financial times is reported that the UK could be about to lose its AAA rating.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be expected but....think of the £3bn per week we'll save

And let's be honest....the way the EU unfolded was never really about "trade" anymore
Perhaps in the future we can get back to how it used to be and countries like Italy & Greece can trade properly without being dictated to by the EU as to WHAT they can trade in and to who. The most ridiculous trade demand was that Greece send all their olive oil to Italy and then import Italian olive oil!! The price of olive oil in Greece is through the roof. Yup that works such a good idea...."we make olive oil we drown in olive oil but hey we agree to being forced to export it all then import it back at a premium"

Duh!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Completely disagree with the thread title.

There will always be some countries managing significantly better than the others in any kind of crisis.

The world is a huge place.
edit on 24-6-2016 by FaceTheReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually trade of goods is not so much of a problem what could be bigger would be financial trading.

Thanks . Just wanted to know if there were any financial/trade restrictions placed on trade with EU nations due to the exit.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I am sure they will orchestrate some kind of punishment for people voting against their master plan.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well i am only waiting for Finland to FIXIT.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

To be expected but....think of the £3bn per week we'll save

And let's be honest....the way the EU unfolded was never really about "trade" anymore
Perhaps in the future we can get back to how it used to be and countries like Italy & Greece can trade properly without being dictated to by the EU as to WHAT they can trade in and to who. The most ridiculous trade demand was that Greece send all their olive oil to Italy and then import Italian olive oil!! The price of olive oil in Greece is through the roof. Yup that works such a good idea...."we make olive oil we drown in olive oil but hey we agree to being forced to export it all then import it back at a premium"

Duh!

£3Billion a week!!!! Jesus H it was bad enough with the £350million a week BS but now multiply it by 10. Why? Is this some vane attempt to make yourself feel better about plunging the UK into a period of very high economic uncertainty?

Olive oil......Greek (virgin) olive oil has a high price and the producers in Greece took advantage of a drop in Italian production. The price paid by the greek consumer was also high but could be lower if the Greek producers mixed their oil with Repaso (second pressed olive oil) which comes from Italy. Needless to say the Greek producers were not happy about being told to do this by the EU to benefit the consumer. Thank goodness for the brexiters to argue for the get rich quick producers and against the consumer.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Brexit is not happening I promise you. In fact it's coming to America soon.

What is the "it" you are referring to?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
DOW is down 425 points so far

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Oh my goodness gracious. Talking heads discussing how Merkel is left with all these refugees.

WTH.

And is this Germany the country that would be left
more dangerously strong if the UK were to pull out?
After Angela shoveled in almost a million refugees--
who all carried nothing but straws to suck the free
money and Kool-Aid? What'll we do, now that there
are so few viable wallets left to empty? Maybe WORK.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: crappiekat

I think it means the British people can enforce their own borders again.

Chicken Dinner for four, and a complimentary jug of
Chardonnay, kat. The UK just voted to stay a local
band of countries to rnforce laws that work for them .
I'm not surprised the Archons are displeased-- nor could
expect other than the maximum possible punishment
for this. Maybe like crashing some funny money, lol.
edit on 24-6-2016 by derfreebie because: THEM. And we're not giant brainless ants either.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Just a quick update: as of 10AM EDT the Dow was down
only a little over 360, and pulling out of the predicted
and futuristic giant dip. Other indices following suit in
the West. The headlines are reading we took a head shot,
and there's evidence the comment-taters are merely
grazed by a miniball. That figures, FEAR. not.

If the Plunge Protection Team is at work instead of
simply cooler heads prevailing, Our Fed chairperson is
going to have a pretty thin paycheck at the end of today.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Markets, though markedly down around the world, are taking this in a pretty orderly fashion. Currencies are going crazy, especially the pound, but the euro got hit hard as well. With everyone saying it was going to be close but remain should eke out a win, I'm not terribly concerned about what's going on in the short term. The markets guessed wrong and are repricing to reflect that.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I doubt there are many countries that actually deserve an AAA rating. Perhaps it will shake up the markets because they are nothing but a sham in any case. This could be the start of a great deal of reckoning and write-offs.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
One of our old Statesmen Norman Tebbit was interviewed this morning about the economic markets and sterling etc. He said in essence that only a fool wouldn't expect it to jump all over the place, but it would soon settle back down.

It will take a few months before we even start the n negotiations so what actually has changed - nothing because we are still paying into the EU as normal. Its more likely a load of shysters are hopefully making money out of all this.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How could Brexit possibly becoming to America??

It would be easier if we had an article 50.

Last time we tried the South lost.

Being in the Union here is like the mafia.

We can never leave.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Any economic expert here could tell us what in the world people are afraid of?

Ben Stein says there’s nothing to fear in America because the trade with Britain is miniscule.

I mean what's the big deal

People are panicking over nothing

By Monday people will have calmed down

I hope

edit on 24-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

People should be getting ready as much as they can. The collapse will indeed occur, and I fear a lot of good people are going to be caught unprepared.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join