It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The PM David Cameron has stated that leave would be leave immediately to make the EU ponder the 5th biggest economy actually leaving??? but underneath this guise is a minefield of political wagering and posturing because the UK PM could state that the UK public has spoken but in the interests of the UK Sovereignty ( why people want to leave) the Vote must also be passed through Parliament to complete the Democratic process= remain or that due to emergency measures invoking article 50 has been deferred pending initial review with the EU??? Remain…….

When would Article 50 be triggered?
The Prime Minister’s spokeswoman said today “a vote to leave is a vote to leave” and suggested that Article 50 would be triggered immediately if the referendum vote were for Leave. This was confirmed by David Cameron in the House of Commons, adding that Article 50 is the only way to leave. When it is triggered is ultimately up to the UK government but it is hard to imagine that it could be significantly delayed after a leave vote. Some have suggested that, since the EU cannot throw the UK out, one way would be for the UK government to use a No vote in the referendum as a de facto negotiating mandate. But this would depend on the EU’s willingness to negotiate an exit before Article 50 was triggered.
openeurope.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Steve Baker (leave) removed name from David Cameron letter - but says now he would be glad for him to continue and happy to support PM

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
holy cow, only 2000 votes in it at Newcastle. Remain Win

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow that was close, Newcastle 65,000 Remain & 63,000 Leave. Much closer than the 60/40 they thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 23-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

It's going to be like this for every region I think

I wouldn't be surprised if Gibraltar and Scotland are going to be the swaying votes into remain
edit on 23/6/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Jeez Newcastle was a close one.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Anyone know what the exist polls said or did they do any this time?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Big brother doesn't like the concept of a divided country, so 60/40 it is
edit on 23-6-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anyone notice the ticker on Sky a few minutes ago?
Said Sunderland in but they haven't declared yet....

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

YouGov on the day poll: Remain 52%, Leave 48%

It's going to be close

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Na am on BBC with good o' Dave and his tory mates!

ohhh god i feel sorry form that poor professor having to put up with those idiots on bbc .
edit on 23-6-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Na am on BBC with good o' Dave and his tory mates!

I thought of doing the split screen thing but but sometimes the Beeb really does my head in. (If they could get Bill Turnbull and Suzannah Reed to come back)...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fingle
a reply to: Jonjonj

The PM David Cameron has stated that leave would be leave immediately to make the EU ponder the 5th biggest economy actually leaving??? but underneath this guise is a minefield of political wagering and posturing because the UK PM could state that the UK public has spoken but in the interests of the UK Sovereignty ( why people want to leave) the Vote must also be passed through Parliament to complete the Democratic process= remain or that due to emergency measures invoking article 50 has been deferred pending initial review with the EU??? Remain…….

When would Article 50 be triggered?
The Prime Minister’s spokeswoman said today “a vote to leave is a vote to leave” and suggested that Article 50 would be triggered immediately if the referendum vote were for Leave. This was confirmed by David Cameron in the House of Commons, adding that Article 50 is the only way to leave. When it is triggered is ultimately up to the UK government but it is hard to imagine that it could be significantly delayed after a leave vote. Some have suggested that, since the EU cannot throw the UK out, one way would be for the UK government to use a No vote in the referendum as a de facto negotiating mandate. But this would depend on the EU’s willingness to negotiate an exit before Article 50 was triggered.
openeurope.org.uk...

Regarding those quotes: Article 50: Article 50

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

As far as I know, no real negotiation has taken place regarding the UK leaving. Do you have information about that?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sunderland no results yet

Orkney now declared (3/382)

23,301 lead for remain

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Scotland could be a surprise. I live in Aberdeen which is in the top 10 of Pro-EU cities and I have a feeling Leave voters turned out in greater numbers than they appreciated. I think Aberdeen will be Remain but I think it will be closer than 1st thought.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I voted to leave!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: Discotech

Scotland could be a surprise. I live in Aberdeen which is in the top 10 of Pro-EU cities and I have a feeling Leave voters turned out in greater numbers than they appreciated. I think Aberdeen will be Remain but I think it will be closer than 1st thought.

I agree.

I remember during the Independence referendum having lots of debates with people (very missinformed people) on the streets who were voting for independence who cited a reason for doing so to get out of the EU.

The anti-EU feeling in Scotland I think is being under reported.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fingle

The idea of article 50 is a lie as you presented it, see my previous post. If you are going to argue, don't just quote twatty politicians.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: CranialSponge

I voted to leave!

I voted Pedro!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join