It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Vote - Watch it live here

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
It's great to see all the same people who ate up the propaganda about the Scots leaving are supporting Brexit.

Its also interesting that the SNP support remain eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's great to see all the same people who ate up the propaganda about the Scots leaving are supporting Brexit.

Yep, we all understand. You want "your side" to have self-determination, but when the "other side" wants self-determination it's a big no-no, very very bad.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is our punishment for voting out, it really is amazing that the strength of our currency is based on the attitude of some of the worst types of humans sitting behind a screen deciding on a whim whether to sell or buy.

I hope we remain or maybe I voted remain because I really wanted out and knew whatever I chose the opposite would happen

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There is a lady who just finished talking, with a delightful Welsh accent who sounds like an old Welsh friend that I haven't seen in years. I wasn't really aware of the Welsh accent until I heard this woman in the context of a Scottish accent who just preceded her.

Uh . . . er . . . well.
edit on 23-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I agree with you but to be fair me and you could buy and sell and play on the markets ourselves if we wanted it.

Its interesting I have a friend who for a time was a trader who told me that he believes they deliberately make it complex so that the average person thinks you have to be a rich genius to make money on it so they can make more money, yet i was told he could probably train me, a idiotic ape how to make money on the markets in as little as 6 weeks.

but this is off-topic.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

What did she say? your vague.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yep, we all understand. You want "your side" to have self-determination, but when the "other side" wants self-determination it's a big no-no, very very bad.

Whatever side loses needs to recognize the will of the populous. Sour grapes may make nice wine but they are anathema to a society. I HOPE to see graciousness in victory and defeat.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Are they in or out or still voting ?

Too many pages to read.
edit on 23-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

She was reporting from Wales and I don't remember a single word. I thought to myself, that's the Welsh accent!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Still counting the votes.
The ballot papers have to be counted by hand.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Not looking good for remain.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Why didnt they add a translation for her?

link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: neo96
Still counting the votes.
The ballot papers have to be counted by hand.

I wish Americans had the snips to vote to do what Britain is doing.

link   
A few questions to keep us going while we are waiting about for more results to come in to keep this thread goiong.

1. why does it take so long, how can 5 counties declare within two hours but others take ages, i understand why huge counties would take longer and areas with a higher voter turn out but why is the whole of Edinburgh or London not declared yet?

2. how many Americans do you think are going to wake up tomorrow and realise that the world has just monumentally changed (if we vote out) and have no idea that it was even on the table then pretend to have a in depth understanding of EU politics??

link   

Yep, I don't think it's going to be close.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Oh I know you can make money but you cannot swing markets like the traders can, they're the ones who ultimately decide how the market runs, people like you and me are just like passengers on the train we have no influence on the market ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have no idea how the voting is going to work, are they basing it off total votes as democracy should be or are they doing it like the scam election where 48% = a majority because it's based off regions and not total votes ?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I knew what she was saying but I was so startled to hear the distinct sound of a Welsh person, I forgot everything. It was probably about the turn out.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Counties with a lot of inbreeding have more people with six fingers to count faster.

In years to come some yanks will be complaining that our independence day is a few weeks early and aren't we all stupid.

In truth, I haven't a clue about 1 or 2.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

2. how many Americans do you think are going to wake up tomorrow and realise that the world has just monumentally changed (if we vote out) and have no idea that it was even on the table then pretend to have a in depth understanding of EU politics??

According to sky. Remain is gonna win it.

news.sky.com...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join