It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Part 1 thread, please?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Greetings, if we could get an update on restoring the Part 1 thread, that would be awesome.

Maybe if SO would stop by here and share his findings? Or someone could?

Thanks
edit on 14-7-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You guys crack me up. I haven't been involved recently, I too was on that thread.

So all that is gone...

I have images I made for the thread stored on Uploads, if anyone's interested, I can make them available wth brief descriptions.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sadly, although it helps some, content recovered off-site is no longer keyword searchable for specific posts, members know to be somewhere in that thread.

I always wondered how it would end...My time here. Now, I know. It happens without explanation, update or apology, as if none of it ever mattered.

The longest thread in ATS history disappears, to silence.

Questionable? This was ATS, after all.

Be well and do good things.

Peace and bye friends.
DWW

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I had hoped we would at least get some sort of update, no matter the outcome. The silence is worse than anything else.

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Not sure if anyone is still watching this space, but it's something that still bothers me a great deal.

Just for grins, I went looking for another thread that was closed at the same time as the Fukushima Part 1 thread; the "What's going on at Yellowstone?" original thread.

Here is the post closing and linking to part 2 of that thread.

Now, that thread only had 720 pages, which is about half of what the Fukushima mega-thread contained.

The thing is, it was closed at the same time and obviously has not been lost as I am able to navigate to any of the pages within the thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thank you Jaded. As always, your contributions are insightful. I, and hopefully some form of we, continue to hope for a divine resurrection of Part 1. I wonder if any other threads are missing or if it's isolated to this thread? It's time to knock on some doors again, I guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

this is getting to be ridiculous, is there ever going to be a resolution on this issue?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A rare glimpse inside the forum thread archive.

* Our content is the best in the world and we value our contributors and the knowledge shared in our threads. Knowledge preserved, truth uncovered and conspiracies to hide deadly...oh wait...

I've been knocking on doors...sending messages. Nada yet.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What a shame. Nothing yet on this?

That was a LOT of hard work, down the drain.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I had to look, just in case. New year, new hope? Dashed.

At a certain point, one has to assume Part 1 wasn't lost, it was removed on purpose. The longest thread in ATS history destroyed without response. Is Skeptic even still here? What about the other mods? How is everyone just cool with this?

Why? Who?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I'm so upset and disappointed.
For years we the collective have been content creators. We acknowledge that our time and creations are in part to line ATS pockets. It's something we all do willingly and in most cases happily. We are the product to these types of websites.

But ATS seemed somehow different and better than that. There was care in giving us a platform and respect to express our views and conduct discussions because of the generally well thought out rules.

What happened?

We've all gotten older and with that time changes our priorities, I'm no longer here as much as I would like to be. But when thousands have contributed years of work here I feel there becomes a caretaker duty to future historians and generations to preserve and protect our words.

So I humbly ask that if SO no longer feels a need to answer or show respect to the entire community that poured into that thread, that he considers hiring a computing expert/archivist/historian to take over this job. It seriously is of utmost importance that to leave it unanswered and practically ignored is a frankly dreadful attitude. In the creation of a money generating social community site should eventually become an unintended but VITAL consequence in the historical importance to keep it together.

I can take the slipping standards that ATS used to rigorously apply. Remember when duplicate threads were a no-no? But for the last 12 months there's probably been a minimum of three Trump threads a day. Thats fine, whatever, I understand it makes for more ad revenue. I think we can all live with that. But it was that rule of putting everything in ONE thread that had it's pluses in keeping all our research together, but at what cost? It's all lost with not even an explanation or apology? I'm really struggling to deal with this loss, this is like finding a lost DaVinci workbook and burning it while ignoring the cries of the crowd.

Seriously, cant SO get on a phone at the very least and say "dontreadonme, I'm having some troubles, something went wrong but I'm doing everything I can to sort it- pass it on". Is a 20 second phone call too much after so many have given so much to this site?

I've been here seven years, hopefully this is seen as a respectful as possible critique of ATS handling of this issue, but I can't say nothing. I hope it doesn't ban me for speaking my mind here, but this is so important that I'm willing to sadly lose my place here if it lights a fire under the butts involved to get the Part 1 thread fully restored. Or an explanation. Come on SO, please do the right thing here.

Please.
(if this is my last words on here, I've loved you all and it's been tough somedays to do so, but I wish all of you and your families the best in the future)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sincere apologies. Real life often gets in the way of seeing urgent issues such as this. It's always best to send a private message, rather than presume complete SkepticOverlord situational awareness.

The enormity of the thread was causing performance issues at the time, that's the reason for the solution that was in place. It's now been removed.

Again, sorry I didn't see this sooner.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

THANK YOU!

We (or at least I) were (was) under the impression that you had been informed of this at the point this reply was posted:

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Jonjonj

That is above my pay grade.....something SO will need to answer.

UPDATE
SO is looking into the matter.
Please stay tuned

Is the archived thread searchable, in other words, is it included in search results when one uses the built in search function for the site?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yay!!!!

I knew SO would hook you all up....just takes time sometimes.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Well, all I can say is I'm sorry SO if I was out of line with my above remarks. I'm sure you can understand the passion behind why I said the things I said, and understand the conclusions I and some others came to. That you just didn't care like you did in the old days.

That was wrong of me to make such a conclusion. But it did seem on the surface that it was all that could be concluded. I understand life gets in the way sometimes and hope I worded my above comments with as much tact as I could in these circumstances.

I am so glad though and thankful you set this right, especially considering the latest developments at Fukushima. I honestly believe that historians will treasure the input our generation put into documenting what happened and how information and mis-information was spread. And that it was all contained in one thread. Anyway, thanks for not instabanning me for calling you out last night, and I'm deeply sorry if that interrupted your personal life which should always come first. I should have just sent a PM or something, you are right.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sincere apologies. Real life often gets in the way of seeing urgent issues such as this. It's always best to send a private message, rather than presume complete SkepticOverlord situational awareness.

The enormity of the thread was causing performance issues at the time, that's the reason for the solution that was in place. It's now been removed.

Again, sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Trying to access this does not seem to be working at present.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Trying to access this does not seem to be working at present.
It doesn't work for me either.

I sent Skeptic Overlord a message asking if there is a new link.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Any updates or has this thread frozen ?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Nothing as far as I know.

The mega thread came back for a bit, but for some reason has since disappeared again.

Only now, the first page isn't even available whereas before at least that was still able to be accessed.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So, the mystery continues. Why was this thread " disappeared" ?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join