It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Landlord of California church whose pastor celebrated Orlando massacre will not renew church's leas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Verity Baptist Church Pastor Roger Jimenez sparked an outcry and rebukes from national Baptist leaders by saying at the pulpit last Sunday that his only problem with Omar Mateen’s killing of 49 people at a gay nightclub is that Mateen “didn’t finish the job.”

A Sacramento, Calif., church whose pastor celebrated the Orlando massacre will not have its lease renewed next year, its landlord said Tuesday.
www.nydailynews.com...

this preacher in Sacramento was so over the top CELEBRATING the 50 deaths in the Orlando gay club...

he actually said all the gays in the usa should be put in front of a firing squad......the owners of the land he was renting from were appalled (and rightfully so) that when the lease is up march 2017 they will not renew the contract. They are welcome to leave before that

many people protested outside the church( hundreds)....this preacher couldn't be more hateful.....we don't need this kind of extreme hate

edit on 21-6-2016 by research100 because: gave wrong link fixed it

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There are consequences to free speech and I agree with it in this instance.

Jerk off will probably have a Go Fund Me page by tonight.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
There are consequences to free speech and I agree with it in this instance.

Jerk off will probably have a Go Fund Me page by tonight.

GoFundMe has wised up to the undeserving.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
he isnt denied a place because of his religion, race, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc.

he is denied because he is a low grade butthole.

I can get behind this.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Fixed, thanks

edit on 21-6-2016 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on Jun 21st 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: research100

He doesn't agree with the gay life style, and he thinks church is the place to get his blood lust groove on?

What should concern people is the fact he has a congregation.

What would Jesus do indeed.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is the way its supposed to work...

You have freedom of speech.. doesnt mean you have freedom from consequences.

I to say kudos to the landlord.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Rock and Roll, you speak out in such a way natural consequences will ensue, and while we are at it we should make all the churches pay taxes and stop the evil tithing scams seen on T.V that destroy already downtrodden peoples lives. Ok Ok I know i'm in a fantasy world but if I had it my way

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

#ing eh brother well said

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Your link goes to kneerover.

oh my gosh, thanks for pointing that out,,I went to my original post and posted the right link...that's what I get for jumping around and posting links in threads...I messed up

I agree with you, tech!
edit on 21-6-2016 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
dont blame the pastor. blame religion.

he's just following what his good book says, correct? if the bible said to love and live in harmony with homosexuals [i feel like if i write homos i'll been viewed as anti gay...], he would live in harmony with them.

am i wrong? should the pastor rebuke his beliefs in the name of PC. when he gets to the pearly gates, or where ever
religious people go, would he be rather following what's in his doctrine, or what society deems acceptable?

a sad double edge sword for religious slaves.... it doesnt matter how much good that pastor might have done in the past... in the name of gays, he's a monster and needs new lodging for his 'flocks'

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

NO HE BLOODY WELL DID NOT!

He did NOT follow the good book when he stated that all homosexuals should be shot in a firing squad, and nor did he follow the good book when he said that the shooter in the Orlando incident should have "finished the job".

Jesus said that we should not judge our fellow human beings, lest we be judged ourselves. He knew that we are not perfect beings, and that we do not have the moral high ground, because we are all sinners to one degree or another. He knew that such a task is up to God, and God alone. To take on the mantle of judgement is to take Gods place, which is precisely the sort of stupidity that got Lucifer chucked down to hell for eternity, so it's not recommended.

The guy needs to read the damned book again, if he thinks his nonsense is justified. Either that, or he is reading the wrong book.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
So much hate so little love and understanding, a sad sad world we have

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
dont blame the pastor. blame religion.

he's just following what his good book says, correct? if the bible said to love and live in harmony with homosexuals [i feel like if i write homos i'll been viewed as anti gay...], he would live in harmony with them.
am i wrong? should the pastor rebuke his beliefs in the name of PC. when he gets to the pearly gates, or where ever
religious people go, would he be rather following what's in his doctrine, or what society deems acceptable?

There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who are you that judge another?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: odzeandennz

NO HE BLOODY WELL DID NOT!

He did NOT follow the good book when he stated that all homosexuals should be shot in a firing squad, and nor did he follow the good book when he said that the shooter in the Orlando incident should have "finished the job".

Jesus said that we should not judge our fellow human beings, lest we be judged ourselves. He knew that we are not perfect beings, and that we do not have the moral high ground, because we are all sinners to one degree or another. He knew that such a task is up to God, and God alone. To take on the mantle of judgement is to take Gods place, which is precisely the sort of stupidity that got Lucifer chucked down to hell for eternity, so it's not recommended.

The guy needs to read the damned book again, if he thinks his nonsense is justified. Either that, or he is reading the wrong book.

Very very very well said

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
Verity Baptist Church Pastor Roger Jimenez sparked an outcry and rebukes from national Baptist leaders by saying at the pulpit last Sunday that his only problem with Omar Mateen’s killing of 49 people at a gay nightclub is that Mateen “didn’t finish the job.”

A Sacramento, Calif., church whose pastor celebrated the Orlando massacre will not have its lease renewed next year, its landlord said Tuesday....

he actually said all the gays in the usa should be put in front of a firing squad...

The Pastor didn't read the Holy Book properly. Otherwise he would have heeded the WARNING:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: -- KJV, Revelation 22:18

God never said anything about putting gays in front of a firing squad. The Pastor "Added onto the book", and is now himself subject to the wrath of God's judgment.

edit on 21-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

it's the religion and doctrine, sorry, I grew up in a christian fundy home, these people are psychopaths much like their beliefs, you can use scripture but I can too, the whole thing contradicts it's self, lets just be glad there's enough redeeming texts in Christianity that it can- in a passive, water downed state, exist in a secular western society, but we all know to well, if the church was given governing power again, EXACTLY WHAT IT WOULD DO, and it would/did have scriptural support in the actions that it took. Sorry, idea's have meaning, and there are a plethora of bad idea's contained within the bible.
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh no, only Moslems talk like this

Their the only ones who hate gays…this cant be true

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Stop your crap will, I read your positions and you are all over the place. The doctrine of Christianity is culpable and casualties such as this pastor should be expected and his words have a direct arrow to scripture, anyone who say's any different is an apologist and or a liar.
edit on 21-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join