It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is EVP Dangerous? .........YES !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I've written about my own person experience with EVP a few times on this forum in other threads, but I never had my own thread about it. I've posted threads in allot of other places, but hey, I always feel it's important to just share this when I go to a new forum that deals with the paranormal because what happened to me has also happened to others. I think it is rare, probably only happens to a small percentage of people that are perhaps more sensitive, the only thing is, we don't always find this out until it's too late...I dabbled with EVP for 2 months and I've been hearing voices and experiencing strange physical sensations everyday since, it's a nightmare, I'd hate for anyone else to have to suffer through this when it can be avoided...so no matter what's portrayed on tv or youtube about EVP....there is a real and very serious danger (to some at least)...it's not all love and light when getting into this, not even close

here's a brief account of my story below, it's just something to consider if one is just starting out with this, that's all.....with this type of spirit attachment/oppression, there's no going back, there's no second chance to do over

-Brian

I have had an on/off interest in the paranormal for many years, but last winter I decided to "go active" for the first time, I started experimenting with EVP

I didn't capture anything on my first few attempts and was about to give up but for some reason I kept trying

after about 2 weeks of no results, I captured several EVPs on a single recording....they were intelligent responses to

this captured my curiosity (unfortunatley looking back now), so I kept recording...actually it got to the point were it was becoming an everyday thing, but I started to notice voices on practically every recording I did.

they were very faint at first and I had to listen to the recordings over and over a few times to make out much of what was being said (though I'd occasionally get louder ones with a precursor "popping sound"
as they days went by the faint voices started to come into focus so to speak where I could hear them much better
I became so good at this that I started to develop a dialogue with these spirits
I would get names, when and where they lived...etc....etc...
to my surprise, many of these spirits claimed to be the spirits of people that I had either known or knew of, eventually I came to believe I was speaking to the spirits of some friends and family members who has passed away
I fell for it all HOOK LINE AND SINKER
every thing seemed fine, pleasant, benevolent for about a month and a half, then I started to get some not so pleasant voices showing up in my recordings
threats, insults, profanity, etc...
it started off slight, but seemed to get worse by the day, until it got so bad that it practically came to dominate my recordings, but the "benevolent" voices were still there as well, so I kept at it
then one day, while I was at my work, near a running fan, all of a sudden, very loud and clear, I started to hear these same menacing voices harassing me from over the fan noise...I was hearing this, just with my ears now
I was freaked out to say the least, so I stopped doing EVP right then and there, but it was too late already, in the weeks that followed, I increasingly had more incidents of hearing these menacing voices, it was often, though not always over some type of background noise or carrier sound and they say (I believe the spirits use the steady source of sound to enhance a voice, same concept as using white noise when recording)
another thing started to happen....I started to feel physical sensations as I lay in bed at night trying to sleep, it was usually a weird vibrating sensation, or the feeling of a finger literally coming up out of the mattress and poking me in the lower back....getting to sleep started to become a problem

things escalated like this for awhile, then literally over the course of a single morning early last April, things just exploded to an extreme level..the voices were everywhere....non-stop 24/7 day and night, they were much more intense now too, some had this weird bass tone effect, where when they spoke I could literally feel the ground shaking....the physical attacks also became much more intense...sometimes I would feel intense stinging or biting sensations
to put it mildly I became a complete vegetable for many weeks, it became hard to function at my job, anything...I called out of work allot and just lay in bed staring at the ceiling listening to this on-slaught of tormenting voices all day and night
and the voices would constantly play mind games, they would claim to be demons and Satan one day, pissed off human spirits another day, once one of them claimed to be Jesus...they kept switching the story line
they would constanlty harass me about my "sins" and faults and literally try and psychologically break me down...it was a nightmare I find hard to put into words
a few months later, I posted my story and a paranormal forum like this and others reached out to me through PM that also went through it.....they gave me a ton of insight into what this was and what was happening to me...and helped me to get back to a somewhat state of normalcy....then I found others still and received allot of help for them
I have so much more to tell, but this post is already long enough, I'll come back to it....but I've found some common traits in all of the accounts I found of this
I'd say it definatley has to do with some type of sensitivity that certain people have to spirits/spiritual influence
in all of our accounts, we all pretty much got hit with this fairly quickly after being involved with spirit communication, usually a matter of weeks or months
and we all started making allot of "contact" ie: were able to start getting allot of EVPs fairly quickly as well
so for anyone just getting started with EVP...first....DON'T DO IT !!!!...I'd say, but if you do, if you start getting captures quickly and almost too easily....that's not a good sign....you're at greater risk of getting this spirit attachment/obsession nightmare situation and once you get it....it's not easy to get rid off (I still haven't)...but that's a whole other story in itself

edit on 20-6-2016 by jerseyguy77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jerseyguy77
I have heard similar experiences with Ouija boards, once you invite em in, they don't leave easily, and if I cant see it, but I can hear it, i get paranoid and ready to go haha. I'm not gonna try any of it, definitely not for this fella..

edit on 6/20/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yes, I was also curious about the paranormal, and started experimenting with EVP in my home.

I really don't want to go into too much detail, because it will make me appear to be a looney, but I did have some strange experiences, some of them not too pleasant. I never really experienced anything I would call demonic, but I got a sense that someone (or something?) was forming an attachment to my daughter, who was about 7 at the time. That scared me enough to stop all experimenting.

Most of the weird stuff has gone away now. My daughter is now almost 15 - she never knew anything about it. I still tell myself that it must have been my imagination, but I have a hard time convincing myself. I have no proof, just some personal experiences.

I know lots of people have experimented with EVP and haven't had any experiences. I did though, and it certainly cured me of my curiosity of the paranormal.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Hi, it sounds like you are going through an awful time.

I am in two minds about your situation:

The scientist in me would say that these alternate voices are manifestations of your own imagination, given legitimacy and expression. Kind of like a vivid dream happening in one part of your brain and the other parts are trying to rationalize. By 'listening' actively your brain has made strong connections and now that subconscious mental process is no longer subconscious. This also reinforces the part that is 'dreaming' making its 'voice' stronger and more varied, too. If this is the case, you can exert some control over these voices with the realization about their source and acknowledgement that their only power is what you give them. Because your brain is a neural net and builds structure according to reinforcement, it may take time to quiet the voices. At no time should you grant them power and do as they may suggest. Maintain low stress levels, be calm and in control. Perhaps you could tell your doctor what is happening and they could assist.

The more spiritual side of me would suggest that the voices are demonic. At no time should you grant them power. Prayerful quieting of the mind not only relieves stress but puts you in deeper connection with God. In the words of the Bible:

"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud 'no' to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet 'yes' to God and he’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet." - James 4:7-10 (The Message).

edit on 20/6/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I wonder why some get away with these communications for quite a while?

Here's a bunch of Youtube videos on the subject:

Steve Huff Paranormal
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
I have heard similar experiences with Ouija boards, once you invite em in, they don't leave easily, and if I cant see it, but I can hear it, i get paranoid and ready to go haha. I'm not gonna try any of it, definitely not for this fella..

Ouija, EVP, etc. It's all the same. These things play on our primal and subconscious fears, and we start "manifesting" all kinds of things. We live in a society with a history of belief in superstitions like demons, angels, Satan, and so on. Sometimes I'm surprised the vampire and werewolf fears ever died down. Unfortunately, a lot of middle ages fears didn't.

@OP: I am NOT trying to upset you, but you might consider talking with a therapist, just for a short time. A therapist might be able to help you get a handle on what you've gone through, and help you see it from a another perspective. The human mind can be just as destructive as it can be constructive.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As strange as it sounds, I do wish it was just my imagination running out of control, and I've reflected upon this many times....but especially in the first few months of this, I experienced some truly bizarre things like a brief period of "poltergeist" activity, banging on walls, doors being slammed open in front of me (this phase didn't last long, but it happened), I would receive voicemails from these entities, and even real time phone calls, they were kind of crackly and distorted, but it's true I know this sounds out there...this was mostly all back in the first few months...I do think our fear gives them strength and they were doing a sort of "shock & awe" attack to get me as freaked out as possible....it worked for a long time.

but since I've learned to control my emotions most of that extreme stuff has stopped. But aside from the menacing voices that I still hear day to day, I also experience these bizarre physical sensations especially at night while I'm trying to sleep, mostly it's strange vibration sensations, but they seem so intelligently guided....these sensations focus on certain areas of my body that cause me the most annoyance, hence making it hard for me to get to sleep....on most nights, I do have to take some sort of sleep aid.

I think we all have some degree of perceptions that we may not always be aware of and when we open our minds to certain things and hone in our senses on them, we can activate these otherwise dormant perceptions. I can honestly say, that after only a short time, something did seem to change with my hearing....it's like I can hear deeper now, it's hard to explain, others perceptions may be more visual, etc... etc... but unfortunately, once we open up these perceptions, it's extremely difficult to close them back up allot of the time.

I get by these days, in a way, I'm much more desensitized to it all now but it is still a drag to have to live with, and nothing, and I mean nothing seems to work to make these entities/malicious spirits... etc.... go away....we can ignore them to a degree, but if they choose to stick around, there's no easy solution

Some of those I met with this condition got on medications (of course the doctors didn't want to hear anything about EVP being the cause) for some the medications helped, for others, not so much....I think it's a personal decision there ....I just work on desensitizing myself to it as best I can

but there's just this element out there (very close to us I think) that once they know you can hear them, they just intrude right into your life and mess with you as much as they can...non-stop, literally, they are there 24/7....365 days a year........it is literally an attachment in every sense and it is horrible.....it's so not even worth messing around with EVP and such......I made the poor decision and I have to live with it now, but I just fear that the dangers may to a degree be overlooked on how this is all portrayed on tv and youtube and such

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Is a gun dangerous? I guess that depends on who is wielding it. A gun is no more dangerous than a steak knife or a baseball bat. Anything can be used as a weapon, or in this case for a negative purpose.

All my experiences using a ghost box have been positive. If someone wants to communicate with negative spirits or entities they may just get their way.

To answer your question, yes, it can be dangerous, but no more dangerous than crossing the street or eating at your favourite restaurant.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I also don't even know what to label them, I don't throw out the term demon or anything on a whim, unless it's just in reference to an evil spirit.

I have no idea if they were once ever human or not and I have know way of knowing....they are extra-dimensional, yet they seem to be close to our plane of reality

I have observed strengths and weaknesses in them

they are masters of psychological manipulation...I mean masters....they already know everything about you before they flip from being the seemingly harmless voices on an EVP recording to your worst nightmare

so they look for weakness in your personality to exploit when they first start bombarding you with non-stop voices

if you're a religious person, then they'll use that against you.....if not, they'll use something else against you

they try and break you down as much as possible and they are very clever at finding ways that have the most effect

the first few months of this kind of voice-based attack are hellish....this is a very dangerous time, when the only way out sometimes looks like suicide

but if you can tough it out, you realize that pretty much everything you're hearing from them is all lies, they can't really do anything to you (if you don't give them the strength to)

they're spiritual illusionist basically...........it's not like in many movies ........they go after your mind..........so you have to strengthen your mind / yourself to take their power away

step one..................DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING !!!

many people start doing things like EVP looking for answers to those big questions

but honestly, this whole experience has just left me with more questions

if you start buying into what you're hearing from them (which is always back and forth anyway), they can get to you

don't believe anything at face value.....take everything you hear with a grain of salt...............you have to go back to where you began............with no answers and accept that and start thinking about day to day life again in the physical world....and perhaps that's how it's meant to be after all

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
very true, many never have these type of problems........but some do, so for those starting out, it's still good I think to put these personal experiences (both the good and bad) out there so that people can make the most informed decision

because some have never had any bad experiences , does not mean the possibility isn't there ...........the danger is different for different people (of this much I am certain.................some people are more sensitive/open to the otherside I believe) so there's not even any one set level of danger across the board. two people on a ghost hunt doing evp , one may be in allot more danger of getting an attachment than the other because they are more open/vulnerable

the problem is.......we don't always know we're the vulnerable ones until it's too late

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Heya Brian!
I've seen you on several other forums as well. Words of wisdom for sure. many folks can do EVP's with no issues, some can't. There's always a danger when dealing with the "other side"

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i can't say what is either correct or incorrect conduct when dealing with what we call paranormal. But there are a few things I can point out.

Most of my life has been paranormal and I now spend more of my time with unseen entity friends then living human ones.

Really, people just have to get street smart if they want to play out there with the other kids.

If one hears voices, then do the same as you would on a train or bus. Ignore or listen. If some idiot on the street called on you to repent your sins because the end of the world is at hand or if he was telling people to kill others, you would just ignore them and cross the street.

It is like a big city out there in paranormal-land. There are deceased humans who will con you, mug you, convert you, punish you and beat you up. Just like any big modern city.

From the early memory, as a five year old, awakening in the middle of the night and finding my bed floating in the air and then myself being tipped into a vortex of stars. To now when I can interact with the unseen in normal life. Even now, my grown children (in their mid twenties) have trouble dealing with my watching television while brushing the hair of a deceased child sitting on my lap who was abandoned in life and found in a local deserted farm building. (Brushing hair is done with the eye in the palm of the hand by the way.) I have met a lot of entities, human and non human.

There are other non human things out there in paranormal-land, a lot out there is dangerous. But hey, so are cars and sometimes the secretive people in the spooky house across the road.

Keep a sense of humor, it is a wonderful defense. Martial arts training helps to, self posession and self discipline.

If you think there are daemons, someone will join in on your game.. How many times have people here said "boo" to frighten someone and then rolled on the floor laughing in delight? Ghost stories are not just told around campfires. Often they have better imaginations for frightening people.

But religeon, the new age and science have a lot to answer for here too. They demonise what they disapprove of, and people believe them.

From my experience, the really dangerous ones are human, both in this world and the other world.

Humans aside, there are dangerous entities out there, but there are also dangerous spiders, snakes and vicious dogs in this world too.

Please don't brand the unseen as taboo, there are a lot of really nice people out there and wonders beyond belief too.

Just go in as if you were an early explorer in the Amazon Jungle.

edit on 20-6-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: for clarity

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Don't need a board myself that paranormal stuff just finds me and yes I get a good scare every once in a while from it.

Seems like things are calm lately though nothing odd happening other than the usual glitches in this matrix so to speak.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Of course it's dangerous, you already know that. I would never do anything like that in my house. I've followed all your posts in threads about this subject and I have been extremely interested. But I haven't yet posted a reply. I'm not one of those people on here who will push religion on people or that kind of thing, but I really feel for you. You must be suffering. Have you tried commanding those voices to be silent? I know you say you are not religious, but you don't have to be. There is one way to be free, one way to be saved. It's easy to find out, but most will not be receptive to it. If you command those evil voices to stop with authority then they will.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I am not non-religious really, I was born a Christian and though I have fallen far and gone astray many times in my life... my heart still is pulled in that direction you could say

However....yes I have tried commanding them to leave.....to no effect....based on my own personal observation ...there is no words , no prayers, no sacred names that will in themselves drive away these malevolent spirits instantly

In a way that would be too easy and wishful thinking

As I observe that it works is that if you get yourself into a mess like this , well it's your own burden and you have to do the heavy lifting so to speak to make the situation improve

Not to say there is no value in prayers and such.... But really.... It's the individual within all along that gives them strength

Have I learned from all this....you bet

But at a terrible cost

In a way I'm so much stronger now than before all this happened to me....and there is a blessing there to be sure

But the suffering was terrible and I'd never want anyone else to go through it

Many Religions warn us to avoid trying to contact spirits ....and for good reason.(I see that now)...you have to figure there's a long history there.....they weren't just saying that for nothing

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think when you start trying to contact the Paranormal by whatever means eventuallysomething will bite.

However in my case l did not personally contact them, when l finished work and had some quality time on my hands, l watched endless video's of various paranormal investigations, and a lot of TV shows. I had a lot of things happen, that had never happened before, items being violently struck and moved, loud knocking on internal doors, burning scratches where l could not reach, and ORB's I took no photos, no EVP's and ignored it all, and after a while it died down.

I still get a little knock or two after watching a show but nothing like the amount l had been receiving.

It's like something in the ether can home into those who could be receptive, and if they get the attention they need, then it escalates, and when you can attract the benign the dangerous can also follow.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
EVP and Ouija boards are both potentially dangerous, especially if you use them to entice any spirit into talking. It's safer to have one specific spirit in mind and call that one specifically, but I still don't recommend it unless you already have a lot of experience dealing with spirits. They are difficult to remove, even for advanced practitioners. You might have better luck getting rid of the bad ones if you leave offerings to your ancestors and totally ignore anything that's malevolent (easier said than done, I know). Light grandpa's favorite cigar and leave it burning in the ashtray for a little while, or pour some of great aunt Jane's special apple cider recipe in the garden for her, etc.

Tarot cards and future-telling devices are not dangerous like this, they are not open channels, instead they work like mirrors reflecting your patterns back at you.

There's an old HP Lovecraft story with a great quote: Do not raise up what you cannot put down.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have a year and a half of documented EVP and ITC research on my youtube channel. The majority is done streaming live. I've used multiple different digital voice recording techniques as well as used just about every ghost box under the sun. I started my research from becoming fascinated with Friedrich Jürgenson and his research into the electronic voice phenomenon.

I started very simple, just using the voice record feature from a cheap mp3 player. Next I moved into getting an IR/Full spectrum camera and better gear. My first spirit box was the fabled P-SB7. Long story short, I now have 1,000+ hours of documented (much streamed live) ITC research. I have also experimented with Talking Boards and have become fascinated with cartomancy, especially Tarot. I have dived deep into the mystery schools because of tarot and the enormity of their philosophies.

After a year and a half of experimenting with this, I am convinced evp and other techniques are connecting with something or someone...and that's where I draw my line.

I can not jump to the conclusion that these are ghosts, demons, leprechauns, ect. I do not have ALL the cliché paranormal experiences that seeming everyone has. Except for the corner of the eye stuff and feelings of being down, but I feel those are still too debatable to be natural or supernatural.

Thank you for this thread, it is a fascinating oddity that needs more light pointed on it.

Here's my channel link for proof of what I've typed: www.youtube.com...

My new series "The Busters of Ghosts" is inspired from researching this field passionately and seeing the egos involved, that do a disfavor to a field that needs true, serious examination.

edit on 6/21/2016 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It sounds to me like you should have amped up your preliminary research. Doing so may have given you a better understanding of how to 'protect' yourself before experimenting.

That said, your experience has a number of similarities to mine... at least the recordings you spoke of.

If you find the time have a look: I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

S&F

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Before falling asleep, challenge them to confront you in a dream.

Then when they are seen, shout out 'oy stupid heads - i am over here'. Then when you are surrounded by about 30-50 of them, challenge the biggest demon there.

Then grab the fat bastard demon, twist him around so that he faces all his demon workmates, call out to the Spirit of Yahushua, who will descend from the sky and set off a nuke of pure light in the center of the room.

You will be protected from the white light whilst the flesh of Mr Fatzo is vaporized.

Never fails.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join