It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
To start this thread I would like to begin with a disclaimer:

DISCLAIMER: The following thread contains material that could potentially be hazardous to your mind, body, and soul. I am posting this merely to share my findings in the research that I conducted. Paranormal investigation should never be attempted by any one that isn’t thoroughly educated on the subject and the potential danger and repercussions of said paranormal investigations.

On that note, I like to think of myself as a pretty sound minded individual. People that I know personally would most likely agree. Throughout this last week I decided to conduct my own personal paranormal investigation utilizing a device known as a Ghost Box. Based upon this ATS thread I happened upon one evening while skimming the recent posts page
dead people talking on am/fm radio scanner??.

After reading this thread and responding I was quite intrigued. My initial perception of what people were hearing was just random clips of voices and sounds as they quickly scan past a frequency and their mind was just mistakenly or coincidentally perceiving what they thought were responses to there conversation. So I wanted to see for myself if this was just people hearing coincidental snippets of random voices from scanning a radio frequency or were these actual EVP’s of disembodied spirits.

For those not familiar with what this is, go to this youtube search query Ghost Box Sessions and watch a few of the videos, some are better than others as far as quality goes but after you watch a few you'll get the gist of the EVP results this device is supposed to produce. Most of the devices in these videos however are easy to build derivatives of the original Frank's Box.

So I began:

Well, the only radio I have is an old-school AM/FM alarm clock radio with a dial to tune in radio stations. The Radio Shack ones in most of the videos utilize digital electronic scanning which scan low to high, low to high (540AM to 1680AM then back to 540Am and so on). I thought ehhh maybe I can match the speed at which they scan, I would just have to keep changing directions on the dial to continuously scan up and down the band like the Radio Shack version ones do except mine would manually scan low to high, high to low (540AM to 1680AM then 1680AM back to 540AM and so on). It was a long shot I thought, but figured why not, I wouldn’t be out anything but my time.

The dial has the circumference of approximately a Quarter ($.25) and the thickness is roughly the same as five Quarters stacked together. On my first attempt I tried to scan up and down the AM frequency using only my thumb and forefinger. This method turned out to be entirely too tedious and difficult to maintain a constant speed of scan. So I removed the dial, drilled a whole in the center and attached a small crank handle to it so that I could easily turn the dial by turning the crank up and down the AM frequency. This was still tedious in of itself, but it was a little easier on the wrist and unlike the electronic ghost boxes that scan at one speed I was able to manually control the speed of the scan. Through trial and error I found a speed that produced amazing results.

I have recorded a total of 4 sessions. My initial sessions were rather crude in many respects. My audio settings didn't start out so great, more so, the recording of my voice was overpowered by the ghost box’s output. The first few sessions were more or less trial and error to get the levels to equally match so my conversation is difficult to ascertain. However, each session got increasingly better and by EVP Session 4 it was close to perfectly leveled out. I recorded four sessions, in order: 2+mins, 14+mins, 8+mins, and 20mins exactly. I also cut snippets from different sessions that were proof positive (to me anyway) that there were in fact clear and discernible disembodied voices being recorded, more so directly responding to me.

I was in awe at how much contact I actually made and how busy this dimension is. My first "jaw dropping" moment was when I played back a portion of a recording where I said “my name is David, if any spirits are here can you say my name?” Low and behold there it was, some male voice that I didn't recognize said "David" (which is my first name). At this point, I was hooked! I was sure that this was not at all a coincidence and by no means was I hearing what I wanted to hear. I noticed that there are a lot of spirits in a confused distressed state. I determined this was due to either a suicide, or quick death. I heard one guy say "wounded". So I assume that most here don't realize they have passed away. Some seemed content with where they were, and others, not so much. The guy that said "F^*& Youuuu" to me as I was saying “bye” and ending one of the early sessions that made this fact quite evident (his accent was what I would deem to be a middle aged Puerto Rican guy from New York).

As I would hear specific responses to my inquiries I would zoom in on them in the audio editing software program that I use and isolate them down. Surprisingly, what appeared as static, if zoomed in on certain sections to isolate what I deemed as a plausible EVP, I would then be able to hear even more voices. When I was responded to, it was usually very quick, occasionally before I even finished the phrase or question interestingly enough. I also asked a few visual questions and determined that they can see as well as hear. I ended up using a Microphone system that is USB and has an input to run two separate MICs. One has a red band on it (which I had up to the speaker on the radio) and the other a blue one (which I have on a MIC stand by my desk chair). I asked "can anyone tell me what color is on the MIC I am using?" The response was quick and correct.

Here is a transcript of the EVP’s I clipped from the full Session recordings in alphabetical order by file name, I eventually found that .wav files were a little more audible than .mp3’s so some are .wav’s and some .mp3’s. Note: The time stamps are in the following format MM:SS.ms

CONTINUED

Mod Edit: Modified thread title at request of OP.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

any family.mp3 - I ask "Do you have any Family Members that you can see?" (barely audible)............at 4.25 inaudible voice .......at 5.53 female voice "one".

anybody here.mp3 - I ask "..there anybody here? (barely audible)..............at 2.761 echo'y' female voice "Laura" ....at 3.567 inaudible male voice "Jimbo" (? said real fast).........at 3.91 male voice "Steve" ......at 4.28 male voice "Now Laura's here!".

are you still here.mp3 - I ask "Are you still here? ........at 0.99 clear, but inaudible male voice...maybe you can make out what he says here.

color of microphone.wav - I ask "Do you know the color of my microphone, the one I'm talking into?" .......at 5.20 clear male voice "Buh-lue".

crude equipment..yep.wav - I say "...on really crude equipment...but.............at 2.13 clear female voice "Yep!".

EVP of my name.mp3 - This is just a cut out. A few seconds prior to this I announced my first name and asked if anyone could say my name. Mind you my first name is David. Male voice that I do not recognize says "David"

F^*& You.mp3 - I am saying "okay...i'm gonna go now then" over the top of my voice at 0.51 male voice "F^*& Youuuu".

Hello01.mp3 - I say "Okay we're back, we're gonna run an EVP session" ...at 2.67 a male voice "uggh" .......at 3.24 a clear male voice "Hello" and I respond back with "Hello".

HELP 1 (scary).mp3 - I'm asking "Do you know what you're doing right now?" ...at 4.29 female voice "help" ...at 4.92 younger male voice "help" ........at 7.83 male voice "Mother F^*&er" ...at 8.64 male voice "mothemp-cut-off" .....at 9.28 female voice "inaudible" .....I say "did I hear somebody say help?"......"what do you need help with?" .....at 19.07 female voice "with...inaudible" .......at 20.33 male voice "help" ......from 22.41 to 28.72 unexplained block of static....at 29.25 clear male voice "Hi" .....at 30.36 I say "Someone need help?" at the exact time I say "Someone" a male voice is over top of mine and is inaudible.

Help 2.mp3 - at 1.19 female voice "help" ...at 4.13 female voice "help"

Help 3.mp3 - I'm saying "In EVP session 4 tell me what you need" ....at 3.25 male voice "help"

Hundred Kids.mp3 - Here I had just said my last name and was saying you know like Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys....at 3.39 female voice "Hundred Kids" ...at least that's what I make out, maybe you'll hear something different.

its David Home.mp3 - I had just got home from work and just started recording a new session, this is a clip from that conversation... male voice "it's David"...female voice "Home".

Need Help.mp3 - this is a clip female voice 3 times "Need Help" at 0.00, 1.98, and 2.64

questions ouch.mp3 - I say "If you have questions for me I'll be happy to answer them...ummmm" at 4.38 male voice "Questions?" ....then me right away saying "I have plenty of questions for you, I always do" ...at 7.01 deep male voice "Ouch".

rather innovative.mp3 - I say "I apologize for the crude method....but I think it's rather innovative" at 5.20 male voice "Yep" .....I say "considering what I have" ..at 7.45 male voice "Yes" ....at 10.46 a child's voice (I think) "Yeah".

see a lot of people.mp3 - I ask "Do you see a lot of people" at 2.85 black male voice "Yeauhhh" (at least it sounds like a black guy anyway).

Too Big!.mp3 - this is a clip, I was saying how big my ghost box was, and this was the reply ....male voice "Too Big!"

Wait I ask you please.mp3 - I am saying "Okay well I'm gonna go" ....at 7.46 male voice "Wait ...I ask you ...please"

wounded.wav - I am saying "Tell me what I need to do" ....at 3.60 male voice "wounded" ...in almost like a "helllooooo I'm wounded here" tone.

yes to both questions.wav - I am trying to adjust the speed of my scanning with the crank dial... I ask "Is this a pretty good speed?" ...at 2.64 male voice "Yes" (sounds like a South African accent to me).....then I ask "is it faster?" ...at 8.48 female voice "Yes".

There are many more that I didn’t include as well as some I am sure I probably missed. If you have made it this far in the thread and you have an ear for deciphering disembodied spirit voices from EVP’s then I suspect you are going to want to hear these recordings for yourself. I am well aware of the unwritten “proof policy” on ATS and would be more than happy to provide you with my recorded evidence.

However, I have no way of hosting them and do not want to upload them to the media portal because I’d prefer to keep their distribution limited to the followers of this thread. I will be more than happy to email these to you. If you’d like to have these recordings, send me a U2U with an email address that will accept attachments from a Yahoo email address. The attachments are in .zip format for size constraint.

Thank you for reading the thread, I revert back to the initial disclaimer if you are thinking of attempting this yourself. I welcome your opinions, and no matter what those are, I know what I have heard and NO ONE will be able to convince me otherwise. That stated, it is late and I work, so I will not be able to check in on this thread until the evenings and weekends. I will reply to any U2U requests at my earliest convenience so please be patient.

Sincerely,
UberL33t

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wish I could hear this stuff, but I'm deaf.

These messages seem extremely creepy- calls of help, swears, names, affirmations...

Keep up with these 'translations' I appreciate it.

It's going to be a bit hard sleeping tonight

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ive seen a lot of videos and such on ghost boxes and its lead me to two possible conclusions.

1. People are actually making contact with people from other dimensions or indeed ghosts.

2. The person who is carrying out the sessions, conciouseness is directly effecting what comes out of the radio.

Either way it leads to some spooky conclusions. The human brain could well be more powerful than people think. Or there really is a spirit realm or alternate dimensions which you can make contact with.

I have'nt tryed this out for myself yet because ive been too busy but i look forward to it.

I say carry on the good work. You seem pretty sound of mind and if your experiments lead you to the conclusion that this stuff is real. Then who knows where it might take you.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm not trying to freak you out, but I'm going to be dead honest with you.

What is leading you to believe you are alive is the same thing leading them. That's why you can hear them and the box you built is only enabling you to deal with a very small portion of that reality, which is yours. Perhaps your soul feels you are ready to drop the charades and come off auto pilot, the question is....Are you?

Know this, once that door is open, you have walked through it.

RIP

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Auditory Pareidolia would be my guess. Radio static is a great medium of random "noise" from which to pull voices and messages out of which aren't really there. Especially if you prime yourself into thinking there are messages there for you to pull out. This can work subconsciously wherein your expectations of response can create messages you don't consciously recognize... but you can also consciously focus on a phrase or specific response you want to hear and you should be able to reproduce the effect much easier and noticeably. For example, the the message you hear in the noise will be much more distinct and clearly articulated if you already know the message you want to hear and keep it in mind.

This is notorious in suspected cases of back masking which most people have had experience with. If you don't know what you're supposed to be listening for, you can have difficulty hearing the message that's supposedly there. If someone tells you what to listen for, it'll instantly pop out at you the next time you hear it. I'll link you to a pretty decent site that has over a dozen examples. Though, some of them (Pink Floyd, Weird Al) actually do have backwards messages intentionally placed in them as part of the fad. Listen to the difference between them and compare the clips played forward and back. Before, and again after reading the text of what's supposed to be said. See if you notice the voices change and the difference between the intentional messages and the illusion.

Stairway to Heaven: Jeff's Backmasking Site.

In our day-to-day lives, sounds we wish to pay attention to may be distorted or masked by background noise, which means that some of the information gets lost. In spite of this, our brains manage to fill in the information gaps, giving us an overall 'image' of the sound," explains senior study author, Dr. Lars Riecke from the Department of Cognitive Neuroscience at Maastricht University in The Netherlands. Dr. Riecke and colleagues were interested in unraveling the neural mechanisms associated with this auditory continuity illusion, where a physically interrupted sound is heard as continuing through background noise.

Science Daily: Auditory Illusion - How our brains can fill in the gaps to create continuous sound.

While I haven't seen any papers or the fMRI comparisons between hearing sound and imagining sound, I would suspect that the auditory cortex produces internal auditory sensation/dictation in a similar fashion to how the visual cortex produces mental imagery. Since seeing and visualizing an object stimulate the visual cortex in nearly identical locations and fashion. Occasionally, this can produce visual hallucinations where visual imagery becomes perceptional imagery. (Dreams are a form of hallucination, which is why perception can make them seem so real) Indeed, most of your field of vision is illusion constructed from limited stimuli and based on memory of what should be there. These are gathered unconsciously from your eye as it continually darts from focal point to focal point - sampling colors, orientation, contrast, definition, etc.

All of your senses are interconnected, though not uniformly. Auditory and Visual perception are highly interconnected, and they essentially the same composition - though organized and specialized for specific tasks. Tests in ferret embryos suggest that knocking out the visual cortex and re-routing visual stimuli to the auditory cortex can co-opt segments of it for basic visual processing (though at a reduced proficiency of both). Since audio stimuli can sometime (and in some people) result in synthestia (seeing the color of musical tones/seeing the hue of a tone)... you may also be having what you hear in the static affected by what you see visually.

Nature: What you see is what you hear.

In short, I don't think you're talking to dead people. I think it's more likely you're talking to yourself unknowingly, due to a perceptual illusion.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think it is in your head.
Why would the spirits need to utilize a scanning radio? Do they communicate over a spread spectrum?
I could maybe buy into the idea of using a constant static white noise to create a medium for spirits to vocalize across, but scanning up and down the dial doesn't make sense.

By the way, I hear voices in my head with no radio. A lot of times it happens just before I wake up. Sometimes it happens late at night sitting near the computer (which has a rather loud fan creating a constant white noise).

I think something is happening. I just don't think it is working the way you think. In other words, it has nothing to do with the radio and everything to do with the human mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Always have been fascinated by ghosts but never could contact one. My wife is very in tune to her psychic abilities and it kind of makes me jealous. I think I will try this out just to see what happens. If anything as you said I would only be out time.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well done! but there is a better way, one you dont need a device for. Look within, your brain contains all that is needed and more to perform such feats.

I wouldnt suggest crude methods of altering the perciever wavelength of the brain such as chemical perturbation (eg '___') but rather meditation is all you need to do, just stop that internal chatter and listen to the infinite creation.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Without wanting to offend I would believe you more if you recorded the sessions and then posted them on here so we could listen for ourselves.

It would have also been a good idea if you hadn't wrote the transcripts and had allowed us to try and make out what the "voices" were saying.

I'm not too sure I believe in EVP, as someone has mentioned why would spirits need to communicate through a radio?

I think the more likely explanation is our consciousness hears what we want it to here.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Op... It appears you are trying to duplicate Frank's Box. Of all the new fangled devices that claim to open a channel to the dead, Frank's Box is by far the most questionable.

You might as well write down the letters from number plates of passing cars and unscramble them into words. You will have about as much chance of getting messages from the dead.

Don't scoff... I know someone that did this and believed in it every bit as much as you appear to believe in your method. In other words, this is merely an 'eye of the beholder' issue. Not a phenomena!

I'm highly skeptical to say the least.

IRM

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Mid-day Bump

2nd line

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Could you explain exactly what you are saying here? Are you saying that we are all dead?

Thanks

Btw, very interesting thread OP S & F and thanks for all your research and work putting this thread together

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
I'm not trying to freak you out, but I'm going to be dead honest with you.

What is leading you to believe you are alive is the same thing leading them. That's why you can hear them and the box you built is only enabling you to deal with a very small portion of that reality, which is yours. Perhaps your soul feels you are ready to drop the charades and come off auto pilot, the question is....Are you?

Know this, once that door is open, you have walked through it.

RIP

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Aelfrede]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great thread! Very nice read, and well done!
However, I´ll go with the previous posters here and say that it´s your mind playing tricks on you. I know what the mind is capable of, trust me.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Have you tried asking about future events and the dates they will occur? That should provide to be very interesting.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Okay, I will first reply to the skeptics that have replied. A week ago, I would have mirrored your sentiments. I feel I should make the posters of this thread privy to my skeptical nature. I am the type that tries to utilize every sense I have available to me to determine if something is in fact true beyond a shadow of a doubt i.e. sight, sound, touch, taste, smell.

I initially shared the same view in relation to the poster that mentioned the Auditory Pareidolia effect. This was my thought too as I was initially researching the youtube videos on this subject. I was completely ready to debunk this as such. However, what I experienced was nothing of the sort. I know the mind is a tricky thing. This is NOT the case. I have forwarded the actual full recordings to a few different people without including the "what I heard" portion. There are undeniable voices in these recordings.

I implore anyone that is skeptical to allow me to send you these as a raw recording. Please, by all means listen to them with a skeptics ear, and I assure you that when you have finished you will in the least question some of the responses from what can only be voices from another place.

To the believers, the same goes, I would like to forward these recordings to anyone that wishes to have them. I have put them into zip format and would be more than happy to email them to anyone that wishes to listen just U2U me with your email address.

In closing, I would like to reiterate the potential danger involved in conducting these sessions. You ARE in fact opening a door to another dimension. Please research the subject and DO NOT go into it blindly!

Sincerely,
UberL33t

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Have you tried asking about future events and the dates they will occur? That should provide to be very interesting.

Dude, I was so flabbergasted at what I was witnessing, that I stammered in most of my sessions, I didn't know what to say or ask. I was in awe and it most assuredly impeded any potential beneficial conversation I probably could have had.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm very intrigued by your recordings. Question is, do I dare to have them sent to me, and actually listen to them myself?>,< I'd probably piss my pants.

All these people messing about with ouija boards and alike, aren't you guys kinda asking for it? Not to sound like a complete douche..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I would be more than happy to send them to you, and I nearly pi$$ed my pants as you say when I listened to what I had recorded. By all means, if you wish, send me a U2U with an email addy and I will be more than happy to oblige you with the recordings.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I appreciate your offer mate, but I don't think I have the guts to listen to them to be honest

EDIT: Maybe if you could upload them to Youtube I'd feel more comfortable. The whole exclusivity deal is kinda eerie to be honest, haha>.<

[edit on 26-3-2010 by ZikhaN]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join