It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s campaign manager has left the building

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh well, they both refuse to release something. He refuses to release his tax returns, she refuses to release her transcripts of paid Wall Street speeches. Neither's refusal precludes them from becoming POTUS though, just continues the usual lack of transparency among our elected officials.

Well the difference being that releasing your tax records has been a Presidential candidate precedent going back some 50 years. Not releasing transcripts of paid Wall Street speeches, while questionable I agree, isn't an established precedent and just the result of a recent issue.

Besides Trump's entire appeal is supposed to be his success as a businessman. You know, he's supposed to bring business ideals to government, right? Wouldn't you supporters want that to be the ONE thing he is telling the truth about? And those records go a long way to proving it.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Does Hillary need to release the content of her speeches though? We all know what they say, and they're shilling for banks. I don't see the problem with what she was paid per speech though, if someone will pay it the smart business move is to ask for that much right?

Trumps tax returns are a bit different, he doesn't technically have to release them but it's become a sign of good faith that a candidate do so just to prove they aren't a scumbag manipulating the system. In Trumps case though, while I'm sure he wasn't doing anything illegal I bet he's getting a lot of deductions that people will see as unfair. No one liked Romney paying an effective rate of 10%, I bet Trump is paying around 2% because of all the real estate depreciation he can take.

It would also validate his income as a successful businessman and help pin down his net worth. For a guy whose net worth is mostly tied up in intangible branding that's hard to do. Like his deposition states, his worth varies by what he feels the Trump brand is worth. Actual assets are another matter and what people care about.
edit on 20-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Hey you said that. Not me. I never claimed that either candidate can relate to me. I just care about the issues and which candidate wants to push the most common sense solutions to them that I agree with. So far I'm seeing Hillary with all the solutions and Trump just spewing hot air. Sure there are some "ideas" that he has, but nothing concrete or workable.

True. I don't agree with what he says and I don't trust anything she says. So it's a wash for me. I was a Trump supporter, not that I liked him, but liked his anti-establishment stance, not a career politician, but he loses my support every day. And I absolutely refuse to vote for Hillary. I've had enough Bushs and Clintons. I guess I'll waste my vote on Gary Johnson.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Actually whistleblowers and expert analysis of the material that has been released to the public is started to show that he likely did do illegal things. Maybe not on this past year's tax returns, but I find it troubling that a tax advisor of his for 20 years is on oath saying that a signature of his on one of Trump's returns isn't his signature.

From the source I posted on the previous page:

A tax lawyer and accountant who prepared Trump’s tax returns for over 20 years testified, when shown Trump’s 1984 return, that he and his firm did not prepare it. Yet he acknowledged that the signature on the photocopy was his. How might that have happened? The judge stated that the original return was never found.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I gave you a star for saying you'd vote for Gary Johnson. I know many on ATS probably don't believe this about me now, but I was a big G. Johnson supporter in 2012 when I first joined ATS and there is a chance I'd vote for him again this year.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Of course he won't release them because they will show he is not as successful as he says he is. I'm sure his lawyer has advised him not to.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I gave you a star for saying you'd vote for Gary Johnson. I know many on ATS probably don't believe this about me now, but I was a big G. Johnson supporter in 2012 when I first joined ATS and there is a chance I'd vote for him again this year.

Thanks. I gave you a star for having been a Gary Johnson supporter. Too bad he won't get any traction, because 90% of the electorate won't bother to look beyond who CNN and FOX tells them to vote for. And most of the sheeple only vote along the major party lines instead of educating themselves that a world exists outside of Dems and Reps.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I still find it very unlikely that he's a tax cheat, largely because he doesn't do his own taxes I'm sure. I don't see why a tax lawyer would risk their career for him. The signature thing is interesting but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now on that. There's several plausible explanations from the signer not recognizing how is signature has changed over the years, to the documentation that he prepared it being lost.

This however I can easily believe. Trump has a history of exaggerating things.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

He's already polling better than how he ended up performing in 2012. He's polling at 11%, while having only received 1% of the vote in 2012 (a record at the time for the Libertarian Party). One of the things I used to lament in 2012 on these boards is the people who resigned themselves to vote for Obama or Romney just because they were the only options with a chance of being elected thus self-fulfilling prophecy that third party candidates are unelectable.

In any case if his 11% polling number holds true then he will not only crush last election's record, but the Libertarian party will FINALLY qualify for national funding for the 2020 election since that would exceed the 5% participation threshold that is required. So if you can hold on for four more years, a protest vote for Johnson could result in much better results for the Libertarian Party at the turn of the decade.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Well until he releases them all we have is speculation, which can't be good for Trump's reputation.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

...according to a Washington Free Beacon analysis

I'm not sure how this conservative paper's analysis of the data lines up (I can't get to the data), but that was from last year, in the first month of her campaign... Over a year ago. Things have changed a lot since then.

I don't intend to defend Hillary, but the person I was responding to didn't leave a source of ANY kind to back up their claim.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

All that money. .... And still no one likes you. That's saying something.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Did anyone happen to catch Rachel Maddow last night? She talked about this and what it might mean... That being, either Trump's campaign is flailing in its death throes, or it's going to STOP flailing and they're getting their stuff together. Many past candidates have shaken up their team at various times in the cycle. Some have benefited greatly and gone on to WIN and for some, it was a sign that they were on their way out.

With Trump, it could go either way.

So, people who are thinking that firing Lewendowski is a sign that Trump is on his way out, it may just be that he's on his way UP.

For disclosure, I can't stand Trump and think his presidency would be a freaking disaster, but I would prefer him over ANY of the other GOP choices, including Kasich, Ryan, and (of course) Cruz.

Rachel Maddow - Campaign Manager Change Tricky to Read

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Did anyone happen to catch Rachel Maddow last night? She talked about this and what it might mean... That being, either Trump's campaign is flailing in its death throes, or it's going to STOP flailing and they're getting their stuff together. Many past candidates have shaken up their team at various times in the cycle. Some have benefited greatly and gone on to WIN and for some, it was a sign that they were on their way out.

With Trump, it could go either way.

So, people who are thinking that firing Lewendowski is a sign that Trump is on his way out, it may just be that he's on his way UP.

For disclosure, I can't stand Trump and think his presidency would be a freaking disaster, but I would prefer him over ANY of the other GOP choices, including Kasich, Ryan, and (of course) Cruz.

Rachel Maddow - Campaign Manager Change Tricky to Read

My feelings for Rachel Maddow are akin to your feelings about Trump. It was already obvious where her allegiances lay being she's on MSNBC, but it's disgustingly in your face when she hugged Hillary after the debate she moderated. So much for trying to pretend you're an unbiased journalist. To be fair she also hugged Bernie, but Judas also hugged Christ before his death.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

So, do you have ANYTHING AT ALL to say about the CONTENT of my post? Or Trump? Or Lewendowski leaving and what it might mean?

Or are you just going to rag on Rachel because I brought up her name?

Never mind.

edit on 6/21/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join