It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s campaign manager has left the building

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Still coming in, not really any news on this at the moment but surely it’ll get the wondering minds whirling about.

Shall we start placing bets? Does Trump smell too bad? Was his cheesy grin just too much? Did Trump not pay them? Was Trump getting too much bad PR?

The campaign manager for presumptive Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is to leave his job, US media report.

A campaign spokeswoman, quoted by the New York Times, said they were grateful to Corey Lewandowski "for his hard work and dedication".

The exact reason for Mr Lewandowski's departure is not yet clear.

The Times said the campaign was planning adjustments to the needs of the general election campaign.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

More on this here... www.theguardian.com...

Lewandowski had become an increasingly controversial figure after being charged with committing misdemeanor battery against a female reporter for conservative news site Breitbart.com.

Oh, okay... maybe he deserves no place in society let alone a presidential campaign.

edit on 1MondayMondayAmerica/Chicago9amMonday1am06 by IllegalName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Looks like he was fired.

www.nytimes.com...

Two people briefed on the move said that Mr. Lewandowski was let go. The campaign manager was seen as having a hostile relationship with many members of the national press corps that covers Mr. Trump, and many officials at the Republican National Committee had strained relationships with him.

www.theguardian.com...

Lewandowski had become an increasingly controversial figure after being charged with committing misdemeanor battery against a female reporter for conservative news site Breitbart.com. In a separate incident, Lewandowski accosted a protester in a crowd at a rally. Despite Trump’s willingness to unabashedly stand by Lewandowski, the candidate’s growing issues with delegate selection and preparing for a contested convention have put Lewandowski increasingly in the line of fire. In an interview on Friday, Manafort further asserted his independence from Lewandowski, saying: “I work directly for the boss.”

edit on 20-6-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

A shake-up in his campaign is definitely called for. It's failing as it is... I'm curious to find out if Corey Lewandowski jumped from a sinking ship or was booted out... Interesting.

a reply to: DAVID64

I guess that answers my question. Probably a good move by the campaign.
edit on 6/20/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think that’s a fair bet.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yes. All over the news here too. I just didn't feel like composing an opening post about it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

...was seen as having a hostile relationship with many members of the national press corps that covers Mr. Trump, and many officials at the Republican National Committee had strained relationships with him.

You can apply the same description to His Orangeness as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It's about time. This guy has been poison and a real tool for a while, but "birds of a feather..." as they say.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure he was in conflict with other people in the campaign, like Manifort.

Oh, okay... maybe he deserves no place in society let alone a presidential campaign.

Charges were dropped. There was a little scandal about it you should look into, at least for humor's sake. The Trump critics had a field-day with it. Turns out it was as specious as everything else they've tried. It was a good indication of the extent to which some are willing to go, even sacrificing their dignity in the process.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Reportedly there will be a press release later. Well. Im sure there will be by Trump or his campaign.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I expect a tweet where Trump congratulates himself first then announces why he fired him.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's not like Trump's going forward without a campaign manager.

Lewandowski did his job and got him this far. I expect Lewandowski will get a nice fat check or a place in Trumps administration that pays handsomely ... maybe both.

It's hilarious watching the left flog themselves over any thought of Trump.

edit on 2062016 by Snarl because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have a small source in his tower. Waiting for press release.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
It's not like Trump's going forward without a campaign manager.

Lewandowski did his job and got him this far. I expect Lewandowski will get a nice fat check or a place in Trumps administration that pays handsomely ... maybe both.

They definitely do that...

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This story may explain some of it... Hicks may be going soon, too... Trump is a business man. He knows he has to take some drastic action. I admit, I'd love to see him just stall out, but this will make things more interesting.

Trump Does Not Have a Campaign

Making things difficult is the ongoing rivalry between Trump’s top adviser Paul Manafort, who was brought in to professionalize the campaign in March, and longtime staff like campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and press secretary Hope Hicks, who is essentially the lone media contact for reporters.

While Manafort handles every aspect of the campaign outside of travel and communications, per the source, Lewandowski and Hicks actually join Trump on the road and have his ear on a moment-to-moment basis. The source described the two as determined to block Trump from voices that might undermine their control, which has made hiring new senior staffers difficult despite the obvious need.

The conflict came to a head in California last week, where Manafort had lined up a raft of endorsements from local supporters ahead of Trump’s tour of the state – but no press releases went out announcing the news. Lewandowski and Hicks, the source said, vetoed draft after draft.

"Flog" themselves? Is that the word you meant to use? Because the left is not "flogging" themselves over Trump.

edit on 6/20/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Time for an upgrade just like the DNC chair last week. He worked well for a while but the stakes are getting higher. End of the day, more free press and from his book, does not matter if it's bad. Get the free press and people thinking all is lost. Then bring in someone fresh and people start talking about that person as better. Long long way to go. This will be week to week with huge ups and down for both candidates. Just getting started.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Both parties shaking things up. Lewandowski dismissed this week, Debbie Wasserman Schultz dismissed as DNC chair last week. I guess both parties are positioning themselves for the haul from now till November.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
There was too much infighting because no one wanted to do the back scrubbing at bath time.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

"Flog" themselves? Is that the word you meant to use? Because the left is not "flogging" themselves over Trump.

More like “making fun of” I think, certainly in my case.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh haha so funny

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I doubt it. Trump doesn't like to pay his employees.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join