It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama says women should not be shamed for having sex while men get a pat on the back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Black_Fox

Why do people need comment on what people label themselves with?

Why present a label to any person without you expecting a comment or discussion?

Afterall isn't that the point?

To inform or educate said person about the label your putting on and expressing about yourself?

Labels aren't needed.
Theres no need to have to label yourself as anything.
Your choices and actions define who you are and what you believe, not going around putting your self in any labeled category.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

There is no reason for women to be shamed for shaggin while men are applauded...for shaggin.

There is also no reason to make a news story about the Prez saying what absolutely everybody knows. But media will media!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

You implied there's something wrong with being a feminist... clarify.

Yes, ma'am.

hahahahahahahaha

Feminists aren't for equality anymore, because there are already laws for that.

So instead of disbanding, they had to find, contrive other issues in order for them to stay relevant.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Come on...How would he feel if his daughter came home and said

Hey Pop pat me on the back I just did such and such

Obama should stay out of this kind of stuff

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Speech police.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

And if women are held in such high esteem as to give birth to progeny that are adored OVER and above all else (sons)...WHY are women treated like so much detritus? The very definition of "double standards"? I would say that it doesn't make sense, but nothing in our world these days seems to make sense.

Heck, I did my job... contributed 3 sons...one of whom is gay. And I love and accept him with all my heart for the wonderful person he is...as do his brothers. He, we, lost his next younger brother last year, but he knows his brother accepted him wholeheartedly.

So many people accuse God, in his infinite wisdom, of apparently making a mistake when he created gays. Seriously? WHO are these people that think THEY can accuse, judge and find guilty the entity that they claim to worship? Perhaps one lesson meant to be learned is "acceptance"? To NOT be judged as THEY judge? I don't know. But second guessing God isn't my forte'. Does it rightfully belong to ANYONE else on this earth? I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is creating emotional baggage in tons of young women. It is messing with the social values and social interactions of people. It is changing sexual selection to short term thinking.
Oxytocin which is released during private relations helps bond people together to form bond pairs. When someone frequently sleeps around they often have to actively suppress these emotions that naturally occur. Then once someone and their body gets used to suppressing ocytocin effects it creates future problems for when someone finally does settle down.

Even though I say this it does not mean I follow it.

Praising the benefits of casual sex is misleading. There are longer term neurological feedback loops that counter that, along with having to deal with but not limited to emotional suppression and buyers remorse.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Well it's not against the law to call a woman a slut or a whore or shame women for liking sex and not wanting to settle down nor should it be but it does quite well that feminism is still needed... not just for men either but women too. Women also engage in slut shaming.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well it's not against the law to call a woman a slut or a whore or shame women for liking sex and not wanting to settle down nor should it be but it does quite well that feminism is still needed... not just for men either but women too. Women also engage in slut shaming.

So you think there should be a law against calling a woman a slut???

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

So you think there should be a law against calling a woman a slut??? Interesting.

Uhhh re-read.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sorry.

You did say "nor should it be".

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Some of the worse sluts I've ever known are men.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
no one should be ashamed, but they should be afraid

www.albanydailystar.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Wouldn't it cause emotional baggage in tons of young men also? Oxytocin is released in men too.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Why is the POTUS opining on this topic? Who cares what he thinks about the topic? Is THAT what we pay the President to do? Lecture us on proper sex etiquette? Good Lord. Get the hook!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Shouldn't he maybe be more focused on how much he has continued the F up in the ME.

He's a bloody feminist, wonderful.

Now if maybe he could get back to golf so he doesn't screw to much more up before he leaves office.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What a pandering malcontent. If he was any bit a man, I might give his words a thought...but he does not represent anything close to what being a man, a father, or an actual statesman should purvey.

I wouldn't let this slug into my foxhole, he can't even walk like a man.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I feel like there is some form of propaganda going on with sex and relationships. People should just naturally love one another and stay in relationships, and value the relationship and not take it for granted, simple.

I searched on youtube but didn't find the video, theres a new commercial educating about consent...it might be some non-profit campaign. The video came across as really dark and scary. I feel like there are groups accusing every man for being a potential rapist...not cool. Our rape laws are messed up where someone can get life for growing marijuana and a rapist only a few months.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, but women are much more social and seek to establish emotional bonds while men tend to be loners. We usually end up being more attracted to women who do not come off as 'easy' and force us to work for the female's approval. It's a weird inverse, but while we want to seek out as many sexual partners as possible in our youth we want to share our time with the female(s) who will commit with us and not shop around on their own.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So women should shamed for noncompliance with this social "norm"?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Feminists are cowards and hypocrites that endorse "separate but equal" in sports.

There should be gender equality in sports.

Ban male/female athletics!

Ban the division!

Stop the hate!
edit on 18-6-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join