It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama says women should not be shamed for having sex while men get a pat on the back

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think you dropped your binky.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What's wrong with calling yourself a feminist?

People like Amanda Marcotte are the reason why many have an issue with calling themselves feminists . . .
Amanda Marcotte

In January 2007, Marcotte wrote controversial statements about the Duke lacrosse case.[12][13][14] A few months before all charges were dropped in the case, on a blog post titled "Stuck at the airport again....." Marcotte wrote in part, "Can’t a few white boys sexually assault a black woman anymore without people getting all wound up about it? So unfair." The post attracted criticism, mentioned in The New York Times.[15] Marcotte later deleted the post.[16]

There are many, many more people with equally insulting and aggressive views acting as voices for the feminist community so it should really come as no surprise.

However Obama's remarks were in light of a women's empowerment convention so it makes sense that he and Biden would be voicing the standard rhetoric in their pander campaign.

-FBB

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I think you dropped your binky.

Utter fail.

It's wrapped around my hand on a string.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

I am not sure 'a pat on the back' accurately describes what happened to Larry Sinclair and, perhaps, Donald Young for having sex with Obama.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Some of the worse sluts I've ever known are men.

As a younger man I was, by any accepted definition, a slut. I accept it, and live with the guilt. Every Freakin' Day!

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

not to the same degree, and the effects are slightly different.

Even in social context it makes men more aware of competition while it makes women more aware of friendly encounters.

estrogen and ocytocin synergize while testosterone and ocytocin do not.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

By your logic all white people are racist because of Dylan Roof.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women.

I have no problem with the POTUS's statement about shaming women, and no problem with the definition of feminism either.
edit on 18-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
While Isis Terrorism is on the rise, The President (who refuses to call them what they are, Islamic Terrorists), tosses out stupid meaningless posts from his comfy chair, ignoring the People of the USA completely and addressing their real Concerns.

Real Classy...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Noted but I fail to see how it makes casual sex bad for women. Plenty of women do it and don't walk around in tears all the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

No kidding, with a name like yours?

Lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

By your logic all white people are racist because of Dylan Roof.

No, that seems to be your logic actually.

Have you heard of the ambivalent sexism scale?
Ambivalent Sexism Scale

Ambivalent Sexism Revisited

The body of gender research, cited by feminists, is based on the theory that all men are sexist as evidenced by the most prominent scale to measure sexism. This scale defines the taker as sexist ( regardless of their answers ) and merely labels them as hostile or benevolent.

The survey even equates 'Feminism' with women in question seven, meaning that women as a group are lumped into the same category.

This is the most widely cited academic survey for diagnosing sexism used and engages in mass stereotyping, thus I would argue that the logic is indeed yours.

-FBB
edit on 18-6-2016 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Another illogical conclusion. I don't think all white people are racist nor do I think all men are sexist. You used one woman to explain why feminism is bad... don't piss on foot and tell me it's raining.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Another illogical conclusion. I don't think all white people are racist nor do I think all men are sexist. You used one woman to explain why feminism is bad... don't piss on foot and tell me it's raining.

I used one woman as an example and then expanded to the most cited measure of declaring men sexists in support of the justification of why many people do not want to identify as feminists.

There are many, many more people with equally insulting and aggressive views acting as voices for the feminist community so it should really come as no surprise.

-FBB

If you disagree with the consensus opinion of feminists then that is your prerogative, I was merely providing further justification of my initial claim.

-FBB
edit on 18-6-2016 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Why is the President of the USA making comments about sex all the time? When Yazidi women just a few days ago were allegedly, put into cages and torched for refusing to be sex slaves for them.

This gets the attention of the Leader of the free world? Really?

I can't wait for his term to be over. Just shameful.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Why is the POTUS opining on this topic? Who cares what he thinks about the topic? Is THAT what we pay the President to do? Lecture us on proper sex etiquette? Good Lord. Get the hook!

Yes, we actually do pay for him for this. He was speaking at the White House Summit on the State of Women. He is expeted to attend the event and to speak at it.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: schuyler
Why is the POTUS opining on this topic? Who cares what he thinks about the topic? Is THAT what we pay the President to do? Lecture us on proper sex etiquette? Good Lord. Get the hook!

Yes, we actually do pay for him for this. He was speaking at the White House Summit on the State of Women. He is expeted to attend the event and to speak at it.

Exactly and he isn't alone, the VP Biden also made headlines days ago:
VP Biden Condemns Culture of Violence and Silence at White House Women's Summit

-FBB

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaphneApollo
Why is the President of the USA making comments about sex all the time? When Yazidi women just a few days ago were allegedly, put into cages and torched for refusing to be sex slaves for them.

This gets the attention of the Leader of the free world? Really?

I can't wait for his term to be over. Just shameful.

Because he is pathetic. He is like a bad tree. It produces bad fruit.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
While Isis Terrorism is on the rise, The President (who refuses to call them what they are, Islamic Terrorists), tosses out stupid meaningless posts from his comfy chair, ignoring the People of the USA completely and addressing their real Concerns.

Real Classy...

He was speaking at a White House Summit on the State of Women. Confy chair? Tosses out posts? No one reads the articles OPs link to anymore.

edit on 18-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Real Classy...

Get real...he did respond on tv to all the online comments and his opponents what difference does it make using the verbiage "radical islamic terrorist"...it has no military baring or advantage what so ever to the war against terrorism. Really immature and nonsensical thing to complain about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join