It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama says women should not be shamed for having sex while men get a pat on the back

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Phage

Still doesn't explain why, as a feminist, he didn't speak out about the mistreatment of women in the Middle East.

Why specify? He was talking about the treatment of women in the US. Would it have been productive to say, "But it's much worse in the middle east so we're not so bad."

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So only women in the US deserve equality.

0_o

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nope.

Tell me, do you think the President (whoever it happens to be) should address every issue on the planet with every speech he gives?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

He was talking specifically about being a feminist and equality, but I guess for just American women.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

but I guess for just American women.

Did he say that? I must have missed it.

edit on 6/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

but I guess for just American women.

Did he say that?

Did he mention any other nationality?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Did he mention any nationality?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

He was talking specifically about being a feminist and equality, but I guess for just American women.

The great kicker about this, is if he had mentioned anything about how women are treated in other countries, you guys would be all over him for that.

You guys are so predictable, it is funny.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

so every nationality is equal?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

The great kicker about this, is if he had mentioned anything about how women are treated in other countries, you guys would be all over him for that.

You guys are so predictable, it is funny.

Unless you can pick the lottery numbers for tomorrow, I'd leave the fortune telling to Miss Lola. She reads palms.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

so every nationality is equal?

Presumably, yes.
What's your point, now that you have resorted to diversion?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

hahahahaha

Not me.

But a fair attempt at deflection.

Obama didn't talk about any other nations womens issues.

Fact.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Obama didn't talk about any other nations womens issues.
Are you sure?

So I’ve made advancing gender equality a foreign policy priority. (Applause.) And we’ve implemented a comprehensive strategy to end gender-based violence around the world, from prevention, to treating survivors, to bringing perpetrators to justice. And we’re helping to remove barriers that prevent women from participating fully in their societies. We’re empowering the next generation of women by investing in adolescent girls and advancing the Let Girls Learn initiative to get 62 million girls into schools. (Applause.)

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

The survey is attempting to measure sexism where it is present, it doesn't assume it is present everywhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Lmao... too true. Just like they did with the LGBT community.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Don't fix anything until you can fix everything?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

President Obama just condemned an ancient double-standard.

the key word is ancient... ya know, it's an idea that has been around throughout the ages..
it's okay for men to have, but women should keep themselves pure and chaste...
it all boils down to the fact that women have children,
and men really do want to know which children are his.
I don't know what it's like now, but when I was in high school, ya, the girls that liked to have that kind of fun weren't thought of that highly really. whereas, the guys well, really had no problems going out with them and having fun. but, when it came to marriage, they really didn't want to marry a girl that was so loose, and I really don't think many of you men would either. I mean, do you really want to marry someone who then has a baby 8 and a half months later and leaves you wondering weather or not the child is really yours? luckily today, we have genetic testing to clear things up, but it's a rather new thing and it seems that cultural taboos last a rather long time.

most of the oppression of women in history probably can be traced back to that one desire of men, to be secure in their fatherhood.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Obama is a global feminist.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Yes. Yes, you do.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I must be getting old...having our President publicly talking about sexuality at all makes me uncomfortable. I basically agree with his statement, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that his meaning wasn't " Don't be ashamed girl's to embrace your sexuality as a man would, you should be praised as a man would be for his sexual prowess" ....I think kids and people in general, are being so bombarded with sex from every direction already that we don't really need the POTUS jumping on the " Do as you wilt " bandwagon.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join