It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT activists enraged over beach patrol bathroom email

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

I was not happy about it, being lesbian/gay is a sexual orientation.

Being Trans is a body/gender issue.

2 completely different topics.

Actually not.

Brain tells you what sexual orientation you are.

Brain tells you what gender you are, even if the physical body is opposite.

Both develop in utero.

You don't "out" this child in public school by making her use "special" facilities, because she is a m/f transgender, with boy body parts.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

No, you do have a point here. This new thing about Trans being able to use the room they identify with was so they could use the room they identify as rather than the one they were born as.

So a Man who Identifies as a Woman can use the Ladies Room.
A Woman who Identifies as a Man can use the Men's Room.

But that didn't change anything for someone who Identifies as what they were born as.

So a Man who Identifies as a Man still is supposed to use the Men's Room. Nothing changed there.

So these guys who identify as guys should be using the Guys Locker Room still. They aren't Transgender. They're just A-Holes getting their jollies being in the ladies room with their dicks out.

These new policies didn't change all restrooms into unisex bathrooms. All it did is allow for Transgender people to go into the bathroom they identify with.

Most people know this and while you do have a point here in your argument I wouldn't blow it out of proportion though. This is one isolated case of some Lifeguards acting stupid and what's probably some Activist LGBT people who obviously don't understand what it is they're complaining about but just want to complain about something.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

The story is real, and the guy's position was threatened. The women involved were uncomfortable. I don't think any of them are joking.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I know more than a few young men who would find such a thing absolutely hilarious.

Complete with chest-bumping and douchey handshakes.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: awareness10

Oh, that mean, hateful, discriminating kid!!! She needs a class, clearly......

/sarcasm.

ha indeed. Perhaps some ritalin to ensure her ideologies are properly enhanced as she's forcibly shifted into the hive mind of all things PC.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sex is determined by chromosomal configuration.

That's how it's taught in English schools too. The type of chromosome carried by the sperm that fertilises the egg determines gender.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Thats actually not true DNA encoded on x and y chromosomes do indeed determine gender. That DNA sequence encodes genes and those genes determine development. I'm surprised you would say DNA doesn't determine sex in fact you can do genetic testing on samples and easily tell if they are male or female regardless of what they look like with only a couple of exceptions that are genetic disorders where the code is wrong and the Y genes don't activate.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I was not happy about it, being lesbian/gay is a sexual orientation.

Being Trans is a body/gender issue.

2 completely different topics.

Actually not.

Brain tells you what sexual orientation you are.

Brain tells you what gender you are, even if the physical body is opposite.

Both develop in utero.

You don't "out" this child in public school by making her use "special" facilities, because she is a m/f transgender, with boy body parts.

And that boy is to young to know what gender they are many children have undefined gender until puberty when hormones kick in. This will sometimes correct the lack if hormones in early stages of development.The brain doesn't control this at all. Gender confusion can be caused by multiple factors. Since hormones determine sex they can have a problem processing hormones this is known as androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS). Or congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) – where a high level of male hormones are produced in a female foetus.

The mother could have been on medication that blocked the hormones during pregnancy. And then theres simply the fact that many kids can identify with the other gender growing up and is quite common actually. But this usually corrects itself by adulthood. If it doesn't at that point then and only then should they make a decision if they want to seek gender reassignment this is actually very rare more common is receiving hormone shots for the gender they are. Especially females with low estrogen levels will often take female hormones.
edit on 6/18/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think you are more correct on this than Phage is.

My rather limited understanding is that DNA INCLUDES the XY & XX chromosome arrangements as an inherent part of the whole DNA of each person.

Phage is making it sound like the sex chromosomes are OUTSIDE the DNA helix. I don't think that's true, is it?

Is it really "just semantics" or is there a true and accurate difference in proper labels going on here?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

You know, I'm even more old school than you and it's even simpler for me...
If you have a penis use the goddamned men's toilet and locker room.
If you have a valine use the goddamned women's toilet and locker room.
If you both or neither, sorry bout your damn luck but embrace your own uniqueness and realize your SOL.

That's really it. Celebrate your individuality all you wish, but understand there's not a damn thing special about you when compared to 99.9% of the rest of the population so shut up, sit down, and let it go.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Thats actually not true DNA encoded on x and y chromosomes do indeed determine gender. That DNA sequence encodes genes and those genes determine development.
Back up. A chromosome is a collection of genes. A gene is a collection of DNA sequences. Is there any particular DNA sequence which determines sex?

edit on 6/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Thats actually not true DNA encoded on x and y chromosomes do indeed determine gender. That DNA sequence encodes genes and those genes determine development. I'm surprised you would say DNA doesn't determine sex in fact you can do genetic testing on samples and easily tell if they are male or female regardless of what they look like with only a couple of exceptions that are genetic disorders where the code is wrong and the Y genes don't activate.

Y genes in DNA? Genes are a collection of DNA, and a chromosomes are a collection of genes found in the nucelei of every animal cell in our bodies.

Besides that, yes. You can certainly determine what sex the animal is with a DNA sample. It would, however, be extremely pointless, as you could just take a cursory glance at the larger sample and determine if there are Y chromosomes.
edit on 18-6-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Great pic. Just what is going on nowadays.

Bally

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So, DNA tests at the toilet door prior to every use?

Yes, that seems reasonable, not to mention, non-invasive.

/s

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Brain tells you the sexual orientation - i agree.

Breain tells you the gender - let s differntiate:

Biology/chromosomes define the sex, there are only two options: xx or xy.
(to be complete, there are some very rare cases of xxx).

Gender is a social construct. Which has become overly complex in the last few years.
There are more than 60 forms of gender nowadays!

And even people with gender orientation disorder have only 2 "plumbing" options.
So why not just leave the bathroom orientation like it worked for the last 2000 years?

On a lighter side: there was just recently a german politician who mocked the whole issue with opening his speech: Welcome dear gentlemen, welcome dear women, welcome dear transmen, dear transwomen,.........he did the whole 60 genders.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

/s

Sounds painful no thanks I'll pass sonce blood or bone samples are the easiest to process. Not to mention as I said earlier genetic disorders can also cause gender confusion. Then there is the fact on certain people we could be just lookin in the wrong place such as super males and females that actually have 3 sets of chromosomes.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Gryphon66

/s

Sounds painful no thanks I'll pass sonce blood or bone samples are the easiest to process. Not to mention as I said earlier genetic disorders can also cause gender confusion. Then there is the fact on certain people we could be just lookin in the wrong place such as super males and females that actually have 3 sets of chromosomes.

How are we to determine who can use what room then? If we can't verify with DNA should we have genitalia inspectors then?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but it shows where this all will lead to (in a ironic way)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

And This

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

So why not just leave the bathroom orientation like it worked for the last 2000 years?

Segregated public toilets were basically established in the Victorian era, to protect the sensibilities of ladies. Prior to that, women couldn't use public facilities, by and large.

Urinary segregation, Wiki

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TechniXcality
I guess you need to read up on the same topic.
Sex is determined by chromosomal configuration.

So how many chromosomes do these people have then??

This is straight outa tumblr and yes you are seeing that right. Apparently "Nurgle" and "Hellboy" are genders. If my chromosomes were as messed up as that i would probably be crazy enough to call myself a liberal as well >

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 18 Jun 2016 03:05:02 -05001620166America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join